“GREAT LOCATION & DECENT AREA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #405 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Switzerland
“GREAT LOCATION & DECENT AREA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Millennium Hotel has a very good location, situated about 150m from Knightsbridge underground which takes you practically everywhere in London, all the designer shops from Sloan Street to Kings roads and Harrods are just walking distances. The area is busy but not crowded and is very safe at night.
Upon check-in the staff were quite nice and some even friendly.
The room was quite clean and bed linens refreshed each morning if need be.
The breakfast was very good with a wide range of variety.

I was staying in room 1016 with my daughter. The room was quite to small for two, the bed was also small and we could hardly fit in comfortably although we were both small size and the AC did not work during our entire 3 nights. I made a note to the reception but nothing was done however I made no fasc about it.
I had the opportunity to see other rooms which was much better so yes, I could stay in these hotel again but will be careful next time with the room I choose.

Room Tip: I was staying in room 1016 with my daughter. The room was quite to small for two and the AC did not...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience following your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you incurred issues with the air conditioning and that having reported it; we appear to have fallen short in rectifying this immediately. I do hope it did not detract from your overall enjoyment and certainly we can look at your room allocation on your next visit, where we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

One of the best hotel in London . Amazing location in one of the famous street in London (Slone Street). Only 3 min walk to underground station and 1 min to bus station.
Staff are so friendly and helpful . Room are clean with amazing view. Also the manager Beth was so friendly , helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and taking the time to feedback your comments. I am pleased you found the location to your liking and also the staff friendly and helpful, in particular Beth.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I decided to stay at this hotel on a whim. I shall not make that mistake again. Firstly I made an error with the checkin date for which I called the booking agent to change it. They advised the reservations desk wasn't available and they kept getting moved between departments when trying to reach them. I had no problem reaching them so I suspect the hotel didn't want to make any changes so was dodging the agent's call.
Nevermind. We were forced to take an upgrade to get the right dates. Now for the actual hotel - it's in a great location - if you're interested in Knightsbridge.

As I arrived at the checkin desk, I received a smug greeting from the receptipmist. The rest of the interaction was of no significance. Once we got to the rooms we learnt that £180 doesn't get you much in the way of a comfortable room. It looked and functioned like it had been through a conflict.

The icing on the cake comes from the fact that the fire alarm went off 3 times during the evening. When we went to the reception to asm what the issue was, we were blatantly ignored. The result was very poor sleep.

When I was checking out, I was seen off once again with a smug 'checking out? Room number?' and nothing else after I responded 'Yes please. Room ...' I had to ask then if I was okay to go.

Average rooms. Good location. Unbelievably (for the location and price) obnoxious staff.

• Stayed July 2014
I am naturally disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction regarding the lack of customer service relating to your reservation and also your greeting and upon arrival and departure at the hotel. We pride ourselves on a warm welcome and ensuring a smooth check-in, together with a heart felt farewell to all our guests. With regard to both these scenarios, they have been forwarded to the relevant department head to ensure consistent service is maintained and further to the fire alarm, I am sorry that you did not get an explanation at the time and I apologise for the inconvenience, however; rest assured your safety was not compromised.

Regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. All of the staff were very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay a great one. One staff member who sticks out in particular is Vincent. He took over our care as soon as we walked into the hotel and took our suitcases to our room for us. When we were accidentally assigned an unserviced room he immediately contacted reception and arranged an already serviced room for us with no wait period. later in the week he looked after our suitcases on checkout so that we could freely enjoy our last hours exploring London and insisted on wheeling them out to the taxi for us when we returned. He was so friendly welcoming, helpful and warm. Thanks Vincent.

In addition hotel was perfectly located to be close to the parks, underground tube, Harrods, exclusive shopping and the action.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor room 1211 and were very happy it gave us great views of the surrounding ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback having stayed here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed both the location of the hotel and the service you received, in particular from Vincent, which we have naturally forwarded to him. Apart from our fortunate location I do agree our top floor rooms have great views of London and the skyline.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice room, good service. The best thing about this hotel is it's location, excellent for vacation and shopping. Harrod's, Hyde Park and Tube station all within walking distance. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
It gives me great pleasure to read your feedback and that overall you enjoyed your stay, encountering good service, nice accommodation and the breakfast offering.

Should you visit London in the future and with the location of our hotel, I do hope you will stay with us again.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

it was a two nights stay in a hotel. The first thing, i ll never forget about the hotel was a A/C system!! it was a hot time for London and hummidity level was so high. A/C system wasnt working properly and i have called the room service for ask, than they have said that; that is the tempo of our system!! so i experienced hot in London. Hotel location is great. By walking; Knightsbridge Metro station is 2-3min, Harrods 5min, Hyde Park 5min and The shops of the most famous brands of the world are max 5 min away. Also there is a so cozy pub just infront of the hotel. Breakfast was tasty and nice.

Room Tip: The only problem was a A/C system. During the summer time it might be cause a problems..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the issue with the air conditioning, as you can imagine during this hot weather, the system is working at full capacity and I am sorry that it was not acceptable on this occasion. I do hope this did not detract from enjoying the facilities of the hotel and your visit to London.

We very much hope you will visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel during our stay in London and had a very comfortable and enjoyable time. The staff were very friendly (they greet you every time you walk out of and into the hotel) and eager to help with directions, food guide etc. The rooms are very clean although one night we could smell cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room. The hotel is a short walk to the underground and is located amongst expensive shops e.g. Chanel and LV. The hotel restaurant is also very good.

Room Tip: Get the club room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are very fortunate with our location in the heart of Knightsbridge with easy access to exclusive stores and the public transport system. Providing outstanding friendly service is at the centre of this hotel and its team and I am delighted that you experienced this personally .

We very much hope you will visit us again.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!