“Stunning London July 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #403 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Stunning London July 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. All of the staff were very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay a great one. One staff member who sticks out in particular is Vincent. He took over our care as soon as we walked into the hotel and took our suitcases to our room for us. When we were accidentally assigned an unserviced room he immediately contacted reception and arranged an already serviced room for us with no wait period. later in the week he looked after our suitcases on checkout so that we could freely enjoy our last hours exploring London and insisted on wheeling them out to the taxi for us when we returned. He was so friendly welcoming, helpful and warm. Thanks Vincent.

In addition hotel was perfectly located to be close to the parks, underground tube, Harrods, exclusive shopping and the action.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor room 1211 and were very happy it gave us great views of the surrounding ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback having stayed here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed both the location of the hotel and the service you received, in particular from Vincent, which we have naturally forwarded to him. Apart from our fortunate location I do agree our top floor rooms have great views of London and the skyline.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice room, good service. The best thing about this hotel is it's location, excellent for vacation and shopping. Harrod's, Hyde Park and Tube station all within walking distance. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
It gives me great pleasure to read your feedback and that overall you enjoyed your stay, encountering good service, nice accommodation and the breakfast offering.

Should you visit London in the future and with the location of our hotel, I do hope you will stay with us again.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

it was a two nights stay in a hotel. The first thing, i ll never forget about the hotel was a A/C system!! it was a hot time for London and hummidity level was so high. A/C system wasnt working properly and i have called the room service for ask, than they have said that; that is the tempo of our system!! so i experienced hot in London. Hotel location is great. By walking; Knightsbridge Metro station is 2-3min, Harrods 5min, Hyde Park 5min and The shops of the most famous brands of the world are max 5 min away. Also there is a so cozy pub just infront of the hotel. Breakfast was tasty and nice.

Room Tip: The only problem was a A/C system. During the summer time it might be cause a problems..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the issue with the air conditioning, as you can imagine during this hot weather, the system is working at full capacity and I am sorry that it was not acceptable on this occasion. I do hope this did not detract from enjoying the facilities of the hotel and your visit to London.

We very much hope you will visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel during our stay in London and had a very comfortable and enjoyable time. The staff were very friendly (they greet you every time you walk out of and into the hotel) and eager to help with directions, food guide etc. The rooms are very clean although one night we could smell cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room. The hotel is a short walk to the underground and is located amongst expensive shops e.g. Chanel and LV. The hotel restaurant is also very good.

Room Tip: Get the club room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are very fortunate with our location in the heart of Knightsbridge with easy access to exclusive stores and the public transport system. Providing outstanding friendly service is at the centre of this hotel and its team and I am delighted that you experienced this personally .

We very much hope you will visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

It was a good 5 nights stay. The location is great, accessible and the surroundings is great.

The view from our room was not great and the room is fairly small but fairly ok.

Service is great and employees were friendly and when we complained about the fire alarm going on at night one day they immediately offered extra services and we took late check out ; thanks Raed and William.

Overall good and recommended.

Thanks

Stayed July 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and its location to your liking.

It is regrettable you experienced the fire alarm and I can only apologise for the inconvenience, however; yours and our guests safety is paramount in these situations and your gratitude to Raed and William is greatly appreciated.

I do hope you will visit us again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had a 4 night stay and can honestly say it was a very pleasant stay. On arriving the room was small but after speaking with Raed at reception an upgrade for our stay was made available at a greatly reduced cost including club room. Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and pleasantly professional and the Chinese restaurant very good.. When visiting always ask for Raed as he will always make sure all your needs are attended too .room 412 NASA fairly nice view also.

Room Tip: Ask Raed for room 412
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience following your stay with us.

It is always encouraging when we receive positive comments regarding both the hotel and the team and in particular on this occasion Raed. I am also delighted you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant Le Chinois.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister for a short break as a post exam treat 7-10th June. This is gonna be a long one!

Our experience with the Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel started in January when we booked as part of the winter sale meaning we go a twin room for three nights for £360 rather than the full price of around £540. From the get-go the experience of just securing my booking was dreadful. I paid on debit card and a week later when reviewing my spending I realised I hadn't been charged, but the hotel hadn't even bothered to get in touch to alert me that there'd been a problem. Queue endless calls and emails to the reservations department on my part trying to the problem straightened out. All correspondence I had passed the blame and promised I'd be updated regularly (as there was apparently problems in accounts) but I never was and the staff I spoke to over the phone only exasperated things as I couldn't understand them and they couldn't understand me. This was all very frustrating considering I'd been told at first that my reservation would be held no matter what and I could pay when I got there only to be told later that I only had two weeks to pay or it would be cancelled. The day before it was due to be cancelled I received my new credit card from the bank therefore was able to pay, with no thanks to Millennium Hotels.

After this experience I was struggling to look forward to my stay and he negative reviews left my others only heightened my fears. However upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. From the outside it doesn't look like much, in fact my sister walked straight past it, but inside the place is spotless. It's easy to see why others thought reception staff were rude as they weren't very chatty and a smile was a rarity, however they weren't rude and we checked in quickly and without fuss. Although being asked to wait 30mins for a room with a view (which we had prearranged with the hotel) after travelling 5 hours to get there was frustrating. Needless to say we passed that offer up and instead opted for a ready room with a lovely view of the of the triangular roof. Oh, and we were also given complimentary wifi too! We didn't use it but it was much appreciated all the same.

I can't comment much for attitudes of the other staff or the bar or restaurant as we didn't really spend much time in the hotel, preferring instead to actually see the London attractions. However, I must comment on the maid service, which was excellent and a credit to the hotel. The bathroom was spotless everyday when we came back to the hotel, clothes and pyjamas left out were neatly folded, lovely fresh towels and the toilet roll was folded into a cute little triangle too! After a visit to the aquarium the maid left my turtle plushie resting adorably against my pillow. How sweet! Little things leave big impressions.

Additionally, I must also commend the hotel for their ability to squeeze so much furniture into such a small room. The other reviews aren't lying, the rooms are small (even for London), and into our tiny room were two single beds, a bedside table, a desks and chair, a sliding wardrobe, an armchair and a leave flat screen tv on top of a huge stand with drawers and shelves. Whilst this didn't bother us (as we shared a room for twenty years), some may find this too cramped. Likewise, in order to actually fit all this in the room the twin beds were pushed together in the centre of the room like a double bed. Again, okay for us sisters however for those who are only friends this could be a little awkward as I often awoke in the night after being kicked back onto my bed by my big sis. Also, on one occasion we awoke in the morning to suffocating heat (it was very very hot in London during our stay) and we were startled to find the windows don't open. Perhaps understandable considering it is London and we have a roof level room, however all the same I've never been in a hotel where I wasn't trusted enough to have actual working windows. We didn't spot the air con at the time, to busy choking to death on the heat, however even our maid must have been dying in our room (or at least took pity on us) as to our rescue she came and when we arrived back to the hotel that afternoon the room was lovely and cool with the air con blowing away. Ten points to the maid!

With all this in mind, our stay at the Millennium Knightsbridge was very good. Lovely comfy beds, brights and spotless rooms and bathrooms, great big TV and top location (although we were too intimidated to actually go in any of the designer shops). The problems mentioned above were minor problems with the hotel, however I do have one major grievance with the room. And that is power sockets. We had one. One three pronged socket. Two once we unplugged a lamp. And that was all we could unplug as all other appliances had this weird hobbit sized three pronged plugs. Both were also underneath the desk. We are young women and therefore able to crawl under the desk, however I'm worried that other, older or less physically able guests would struggle to merely charge their devices. Is this a ploy to save on the electricity bill by trying to restrict how much each guest can use? I sure hope not! In 2014 having barely accessible sockets (and non standard sockets) is simply unacceptable. Luckily I had packed my portable charging pack so I was able to charge my other devices without connecting to a wall socket, however others won't be so lucky. This needs sorting.

Conclusion:
Did we enjoy our stay? Absolutely. Were we happy with our room? To an extent. Would we stay again and/or recommend to others? No. We didn't pay full price but even then I don't think three nights here was worth £360 never mind over £500. Despite it being a lovely hotel it is more than clear that you pay for the location here rather than the hotel. Get a cheaper hotel, more central and with more value for money.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Following what appears to be a shaky start to your reservation, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and frustration.

Your gratitude towards the room attendant is very much appreciated and has been forwarded to the Housekeeping department. Apart from ensuring a clean room; as you say, the smallest gesture, goes a long way.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit and you would stay with us again, wherein a warm welcome awaits you.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!