“Would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

Save Saved
You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Adv Purchase upto 20% off
Ranked #382 of 1,054 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had a 4 night stay and can honestly say it was a very pleasant stay. On arriving the room was small but after speaking with Raed at reception an upgrade for our stay was made available at a greatly reduced cost including club room. Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and pleasantly professional and the Chinese restaurant very good.. When visiting always ask for Raed as he will always make sure all your needs are attended too .room 412 NASA fairly nice view also.

Room Tip: Ask Raed for room 412
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience following your stay with us.

It is always encouraging when we receive positive comments regarding both the hotel and the team and in particular on this occasion Raed. I am also delighted you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant Le Chinois.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister for a short break as a post exam treat 7-10th June. This is gonna be a long one!

Our experience with the Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel started in January when we booked as part of the winter sale meaning we go a twin room for three nights for £360 rather than the full price of around £540. From the get-go the experience of just securing my booking was dreadful. I paid on debit card and a week later when reviewing my spending I realised I hadn't been charged, but the hotel hadn't even bothered to get in touch to alert me that there'd been a problem. Queue endless calls and emails to the reservations department on my part trying to the problem straightened out. All correspondence I had passed the blame and promised I'd be updated regularly (as there was apparently problems in accounts) but I never was and the staff I spoke to over the phone only exasperated things as I couldn't understand them and they couldn't understand me. This was all very frustrating considering I'd been told at first that my reservation would be held no matter what and I could pay when I got there only to be told later that I only had two weeks to pay or it would be cancelled. The day before it was due to be cancelled I received my new credit card from the bank therefore was able to pay, with no thanks to Millennium Hotels.

After this experience I was struggling to look forward to my stay and he negative reviews left my others only heightened my fears. However upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. From the outside it doesn't look like much, in fact my sister walked straight past it, but inside the place is spotless. It's easy to see why others thought reception staff were rude as they weren't very chatty and a smile was a rarity, however they weren't rude and we checked in quickly and without fuss. Although being asked to wait 30mins for a room with a view (which we had prearranged with the hotel) after travelling 5 hours to get there was frustrating. Needless to say we passed that offer up and instead opted for a ready room with a lovely view of the of the triangular roof. Oh, and we were also given complimentary wifi too! We didn't use it but it was much appreciated all the same.

I can't comment much for attitudes of the other staff or the bar or restaurant as we didn't really spend much time in the hotel, preferring instead to actually see the London attractions. However, I must comment on the maid service, which was excellent and a credit to the hotel. The bathroom was spotless everyday when we came back to the hotel, clothes and pyjamas left out were neatly folded, lovely fresh towels and the toilet roll was folded into a cute little triangle too! After a visit to the aquarium the maid left my turtle plushie resting adorably against my pillow. How sweet! Little things leave big impressions.

Additionally, I must also commend the hotel for their ability to squeeze so much furniture into such a small room. The other reviews aren't lying, the rooms are small (even for London), and into our tiny room were two single beds, a bedside table, a desks and chair, a sliding wardrobe, an armchair and a leave flat screen tv on top of a huge stand with drawers and shelves. Whilst this didn't bother us (as we shared a room for twenty years), some may find this too cramped. Likewise, in order to actually fit all this in the room the twin beds were pushed together in the centre of the room like a double bed. Again, okay for us sisters however for those who are only friends this could be a little awkward as I often awoke in the night after being kicked back onto my bed by my big sis. Also, on one occasion we awoke in the morning to suffocating heat (it was very very hot in London during our stay) and we were startled to find the windows don't open. Perhaps understandable considering it is London and we have a roof level room, however all the same I've never been in a hotel where I wasn't trusted enough to have actual working windows. We didn't spot the air con at the time, to busy choking to death on the heat, however even our maid must have been dying in our room (or at least took pity on us) as to our rescue she came and when we arrived back to the hotel that afternoon the room was lovely and cool with the air con blowing away. Ten points to the maid!

With all this in mind, our stay at the Millennium Knightsbridge was very good. Lovely comfy beds, brights and spotless rooms and bathrooms, great big TV and top location (although we were too intimidated to actually go in any of the designer shops). The problems mentioned above were minor problems with the hotel, however I do have one major grievance with the room. And that is power sockets. We had one. One three pronged socket. Two once we unplugged a lamp. And that was all we could unplug as all other appliances had this weird hobbit sized three pronged plugs. Both were also underneath the desk. We are young women and therefore able to crawl under the desk, however I'm worried that other, older or less physically able guests would struggle to merely charge their devices. Is this a ploy to save on the electricity bill by trying to restrict how much each guest can use? I sure hope not! In 2014 having barely accessible sockets (and non standard sockets) is simply unacceptable. Luckily I had packed my portable charging pack so I was able to charge my other devices without connecting to a wall socket, however others won't be so lucky. This needs sorting.

Conclusion:
Did we enjoy our stay? Absolutely. Were we happy with our room? To an extent. Would we stay again and/or recommend to others? No. We didn't pay full price but even then I don't think three nights here was worth £360 never mind over £500. Despite it being a lovely hotel it is more than clear that you pay for the location here rather than the hotel. Get a cheaper hotel, more central and with more value for money.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Following what appears to be a shaky start to your reservation, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and frustration.

Your gratitude towards the room attendant is very much appreciated and has been forwarded to the Housekeeping department. Apart from ensuring a clean room; as you say, the smallest gesture, goes a long way.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit and you would stay with us again, wherein a warm welcome awaits you.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had a really enjoyable stay at the hotel.

I was visiting for my wife's birthday and the team, Valentina and Raid, helped to make it very special.

As well as kindly upgrading our room, they surprised us both with two glasses of champagne sent to the room, and then later a chocolate dessert was waiting for us after we had come back from a night out.

The breakfast was great too - good quality food and lots of choice.

It's a real treat to stay in a hotel in London - especially when you live in the city already - but the team made it even more special.

The hotel is well located too - just a few minutes' walk from the tube.

This is a great hotel with great staff! Recommended!

• Stayed July 2014
Wishing you belated birthday wishes, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words regarding Valentina and Raid, who have been personally informed of your feedback.

London has so much to offer and although living in the City, it is also pleasing to be the visitor. I do hope that you will visit us again.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel is in a fantastic location adjacent to Hyde Park, seconds walk from the nearest tube stop and easy walking distance from Victoria Station. A pleasant stay was made exceptional by outstanding staff, especially William on reception who dealt with my myriad issues (initial credit card refusal, inability to work the door key) with humour and charm, and was friendly and helpful in a way far beyond that which one would ordinarily expect from reception staff. As a first point of contact for a hotel they could not hope to create a better impression. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay and in particular your high praise for William, which will certainly be forwarded to him personally. We are very proud of our location and also the service we strive to provide to our guests and I am delighted that you were able to experience it for yourself. I very much hope you will return to us in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Thanks to all at Knightsbridge for a lovely stay last Saturday 05th July 2014.

Its is a a fantastic hotel and front office team to be extremely proud of. I would personally like to commend and thank Beth on the front desk that was so welcoming and professional, with excellent local knowledge which for a northern guy like me was very useful.

A great weekend rounded up with a great nights sleep!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I am delighted to hear your experience whilst staying with us, was an enjoyable one. It always gives me great pleasure to see that outstanding service has been maintained and in particular to see individual members of the team recognised for their attributes. Should you visit London in the future, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very kind and smart people. In particular we have really appreciated the impeccable reception of William and Juliet! They instantly solved a problem we had with booking payment. Excellent service! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Providing excellent service is paramount to myself and the team, ensuring an enjoyable stay and I am pleased to see that was the case. Your gratitude to William and Julieta is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to them personally.

A warm welcome awaits you, should you visit London and Knightsbridge in the future.

dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are staying at this hotel now - last night the bathroom light kept, weirdly, making noises! We reported it to reception this morning and within an hour had been upgraded to a Club room! Excellent service!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am always pleased to hear when there is an issue, we deal and resolve it promptly. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back gain.

Jean-Baptiste Noel

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!