“Great location, small beds and rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #433 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“Great location, small beds and rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Millennium Knightsbridge w my GF after doing 5 days in Paris. Overall the experience was average-good, until speaking to Raed, which made it great. He took the time to go above and beyond when he asked about my stay and I replied with "it has been ok". After talking to him about a few minor issues I had, he not only upgraded my room, but compt'd mine and my friends drinks at the bar.

Great service from Raed. He should be recognized.

• Stayed September 2013
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am delighted to hear that having arrived slightly disenchanted, that Raid provided exceptional personal service in restoring your enthusiasm whilst staying with us, your gratitude has been forwarded to Raid.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked a night in this hotel for my best mate and I as a little treat for us and we were going to see Wicked the show. I chose the hotel mainly because it was 4 star and in knightsbridge, and thought the £179 I paid for the night would reflect the quality and style of the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 11.30am on the Saturday and asked if we could stow our small cases in order that we could hit the shops and I decided to ask if there was a room ready. The nice lady at the front desk tapped away on the keyboard and informed us that she had a room for us ready. she gave us the key cards and added 'I've put you in a standard room'. When I got upstairs it dawned on me I thought i'd booked a superior but my booking confirmation from Booking.com didn't state anything.

Sorry about the next bit hotel manager but it needs to be said.........
The room was 305 and just opposite the lifts (which was not an issue at all) When we entered the room, I must say the size disappointed me. Then when I approached the window to look at our view, found it was just the glass roof of the Chinois restaurant below! We decided not to be asked to be moved as we felt we had probably determined the room we received by arriving early and asking to check in so we settled for the room. We realised just how nice the furnishings were etc and the twin beds were lovely - my friend commented it was the best nights sleep she'd had in a long time!. The downside.......the bathroom. It was in a state. The front panel to the sink, which the loo roll holder was attached too, was swinging and moving and looked in poor condition. The plaster to the front of the sink had been patched up and shaped by hand but was all flaking and coming away. I was afraid to touch it or get it wet! The panel to the toilet and the bath were poor quality and had screw caps missing exposing dirty old screws. The grouting was very discoloured and dirty looking. The bath look worn and older than me!(i'm 36!) The mixer tap in the evening decided to only give us boiling hot water, no matter which way you turned it so washing your hands after the loo wasn't really an option (nice!) I had to clean my teeth using a little bit of bottle water I had left. There was grouting and filler everywhere just splodged into gaps etc. The door on the bathroom was just a sliding door ....odd in a four star hotel.

Also the wardrobe doors in the room were makeshift and you could hardly close them together as they rubbed and were poorly painted. The wall to the side of one bed was dirty and scuffed and horrid looking. The large TV was right in front of a beautiful large wall mirror...odd. The light switches looked very tarnished and dirty (for £179 a night in a four star knightsbridge hotel I'd expect them to be polished and shiny). The plug sockets were under the desk.....awkward to reach. The windows....well, we didn't know if they were meant to slide open but they were wobbly in their runners and not well sealed. I do feel I well overpaid for the room we had i'm afraid.

The good things...
The furniture in the room was lovely and the beds clean and comfy. Lovely touch with the mirrors and mini bar etc. The heating and air con kept us very comfy with the temperature. We ordered room service when we arrived for a spot of chilled out lunch and was very impressed with the posh cheese and pickle sandwiches!! yum! in fact we had the same again on the sunday before heading home. The food down in the café bar was delicious and the staff in there were just lovely. The concierge who held our bags was so nice, when we arrived to collect them and go home, he came out the front of the hotel with us and waited until he could hail us a cab.

The breakfast waiter (I think he was the Maitre De) was lovely and so so helpful. He offered us to grab some juice and cereals even though we were having a'la carte.

The tube and Harrods all a stones throw away. All staff lovely. The lobby and eating areas are very nice.

All in all a pleasant stay. I would stay there again but would be very careful which room I ended up in! I would be very disappointed if I was expected to pay £179 for one night in room 305 again or one the same!

Room Tip: Be careful when asking to check in early you will end up with a small room that no-one else wants!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

I am delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you experienced my team at its very best.

Your feedback highlighting areas of concern with regard to the decor has been forwarded to the maintenance team who will action accordingly.

I am pleased to see that you would stay with us again and very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for a better location. Close to shopping, sightseeing and transportation. Staff was helpful and friendly. The only negative was for such a nice location how they could not keep their rooms in good shape. Badly patched carpet, taped over hole in a door and in need of fresh paint - all items that could have been taken care of in 1 day. Although unsightly, it didn't cause any harm to my stay. Enjoyed all other aspects of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and that you found the hotel ideally located.

I am disappointd that the decor did not meet your expectations, however; my team are definitely an asset to the hotel in providing professional and friendly service.

I do hope that you will return in the future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here in june and the best part of my stay was wilson at front desk, he worked nights but was the one staff member who had the time and expertise - not just checking in and out but also his knowledge about surrounding shops / restaurants/ underground/ airports info and central London in general were impressive. The room was small but clean. I would stay here as long as you are not planning on spending a lot of time in room. make sure you say hi to Wilson from the Canada girl and any questions you may have while you are there - hit him up because he is better than any tour guide I have encountered. thanks Wilson for the great recommendations - you made my trip to London much brighter and sunnier ;-)

Room Tip: ask wilson
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Wilson is certainly an asset to our Front Office team and I will certainly forward your gratitude to him. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to London and that should you return, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Monaco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stay in hotels in London very frequently. I booked this hotel for 2 nights last week because a conference I was attending was being held there.
I booked a double superior plus room.
I advised a late arrival which was acknowledged by the hotel by email.
I arrived around midnight. Check in process was fine. I then went to my room. Found the room was a standard size twin i.e tiny and situated right out side the lift. It was only set up for one person not two as stated in my booking.
I complained and was told that there was not another room available, except another the same. At that time I was also told that the room I had been given was a superior room (which was untrue as verifed by the clerk the following day)
I was told I could move the following day.
Woke up to no hot water in the shower.
Altogether not happy, especially when I was told by the manager that the room was in fact superior when his assistant had just confirmed that I had been given a standard room.
So, all in an unhappy customer. I paid for superior and got standard which did not meet my needs.
Was given another room at lunchtime. Was told it was an upgrade, which it wasn't as it was a superior room, which is what I had already paid for and not received.
Room was bigger certainly than the standard room from the night before. But no shower curtain, no toiletries, only one set of towels. Damp patches in the bathroom and cigarette burns on the net curtains (in a non-smoking room)
By that time I had lost the will to complain again as clearly they are not much interested in customer service. But I will not return.
Very poor considering the excellent service I have always experienced in other branches of the Millennium in London. I now understand why tourists complain about the quality of London hotel rooms.
Special mention though to the lady in the club room who attended the breakfasts - she was lovely and efficient.

Room Tip: Make sure you are allocated a room in the class you have paid for. If in doubt ask to see other room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

Naturally, this is not the service I expect my guests to experience and leave such a lasting impression, I would like to discuss this with you further and would ask you to contact my PA, Caroline Tooth on 0207 201 6301.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter chose this hotel for its convenience to stores for our wedding shopping. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms were small but more than sufficient for our needs, after all no one stays in their room in London! On our return home I realised id left my favourite dress in the wardrobe, this was located and returned by return of post free of charge. First class service! We shall be returning!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high level, views are brilliant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Firstly, I do hope you had a successful shopping trip and may I offer my congratulations on your forthcoming event.

Providing excellent customer service is my passion for the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and I am delighted that you experienced my team at its best.

Please visit us again, where we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cape town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Though at first things never worked the way i expected,it got prety good just in the process due to the great services i received from the young man Wilson S.His care,proffesionalism and customer service skills made my stay a memorable one.
However,the size of the size of the rooms were a bit disappointing.

Thank YOU!
Steve

Room Tip: This depends more on one's choice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am naturally disappointed that your first impression was not a favourable one, however; I am delighted that Wilson conveyed the service and professionalism that we endeavour to provide at all times and that your experience of staying with us was enjoyable.

Caroline

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!