“front desk guy, wilson, made my stay ;-)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #406 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“front desk guy, wilson, made my stay ;-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here in june and the best part of my stay was wilson at front desk, he worked nights but was the one staff member who had the time and expertise - not just checking in and out but also his knowledge about surrounding shops / restaurants/ underground/ airports info and central London in general were impressive. The room was small but clean. I would stay here as long as you are not planning on spending a lot of time in room. make sure you say hi to Wilson from the Canada girl and any questions you may have while you are there - hit him up because he is better than any tour guide I have encountered. thanks Wilson for the great recommendations - you made my trip to London much brighter and sunnier ;-)

Room Tip: ask wilson
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Wilson is certainly an asset to our Front Office team and I will certainly forward your gratitude to him. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to London and that should you return, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Monaco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stay in hotels in London very frequently. I booked this hotel for 2 nights last week because a conference I was attending was being held there.
I booked a double superior plus room.
I advised a late arrival which was acknowledged by the hotel by email.
I arrived around midnight. Check in process was fine. I then went to my room. Found the room was a standard size twin i.e tiny and situated right out side the lift. It was only set up for one person not two as stated in my booking.
I complained and was told that there was not another room available, except another the same. At that time I was also told that the room I had been given was a superior room (which was untrue as verifed by the clerk the following day)
I was told I could move the following day.
Woke up to no hot water in the shower.
Altogether not happy, especially when I was told by the manager that the room was in fact superior when his assistant had just confirmed that I had been given a standard room.
So, all in an unhappy customer. I paid for superior and got standard which did not meet my needs.
Was given another room at lunchtime. Was told it was an upgrade, which it wasn't as it was a superior room, which is what I had already paid for and not received.
Room was bigger certainly than the standard room from the night before. But no shower curtain, no toiletries, only one set of towels. Damp patches in the bathroom and cigarette burns on the net curtains (in a non-smoking room)
By that time I had lost the will to complain again as clearly they are not much interested in customer service. But I will not return.
Very poor considering the excellent service I have always experienced in other branches of the Millennium in London. I now understand why tourists complain about the quality of London hotel rooms.
Special mention though to the lady in the club room who attended the breakfasts - she was lovely and efficient.

Room Tip: Make sure you are allocated a room in the class you have paid for. If in doubt ask to see other room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

Naturally, this is not the service I expect my guests to experience and leave such a lasting impression, I would like to discuss this with you further and would ask you to contact my PA, Caroline Tooth on 0207 201 6301.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter chose this hotel for its convenience to stores for our wedding shopping. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms were small but more than sufficient for our needs, after all no one stays in their room in London! On our return home I realised id left my favourite dress in the wardrobe, this was located and returned by return of post free of charge. First class service! We shall be returning!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high level, views are brilliant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Firstly, I do hope you had a successful shopping trip and may I offer my congratulations on your forthcoming event.

Providing excellent customer service is my passion for the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and I am delighted that you experienced my team at its best.

Please visit us again, where we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cape town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Though at first things never worked the way i expected,it got prety good just in the process due to the great services i received from the young man Wilson S.His care,proffesionalism and customer service skills made my stay a memorable one.
However,the size of the size of the rooms were a bit disappointing.

Thank YOU!
Steve

Room Tip: This depends more on one's choice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am naturally disappointed that your first impression was not a favourable one, however; I am delighted that Wilson conveyed the service and professionalism that we endeavour to provide at all times and that your experience of staying with us was enjoyable.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Caroline
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I chose this hotel to spend a week's holiday with my son in August. It is conveniently located in the Knightsbridge area and the price was reasonable for a 5-star hotel.

After we came back to Hong Kong from our London trip, I found that I left my son's baby blanket at the hotel. My son is so attached to that blanket, without it, he cries himself to sleep every night. In desperation, I decided to try my luck and sent an email to the hotel enquiring about the baby blanket, obviously not having much faith on this enquiry. Lo and behold, I got an email back from the hotel's concierge and said they found the blanket and asked me whether I wanted to pick it up. I wrote back and asked them to send the blanket back to me by air and asked the hotel the cost for the service so that I can prepaid the hotel immediately. Surprisingly, without further ado, the concierge said they have posted the blanket back to me and the service was complimentary! Wow, thank you so much Millennium Hotel, you are the best!

THIS is what I define as First Class Service. I will be staying at this hotel on all my London trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge whilst staying in London.

We pride ourselves on delivering first class service to our guests and as many of my team are parents, they know how attached children become to certaiin items and nothing else will do.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a lovely short stay in the hotel .Everything about it was perfect and faultless.
The reception staff , concierge , dining staff ,all were very friendly , professional , polite and helpful.
I will definitely be going back , 10 /10.

Mark

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Your review is greatly appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to you returning in the future where a warm welcome awaits you.

Cambridge, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had lunch with 6 members of my family on bank holiday Monday. The service was excellent - thank you to Jan, the F&B manager for looking after us so well and being so accommodating to 4 year old twin boys who loved the chicken dumplings to start followed by crispy spring chicken, roast duck and egg fried rice. We tried several dishes from the a la carte menu and the dim sum menu and everything was excellent and very fresh. And we have eaten in many Cantonese restaurants in Asia.
If you are in Knightsbridge and want tasty, affordable Chinese food in a nice setting, don't hesitate to try Le Chinois. They also have a lunch menu - 2 courses for £14 or 3 for £16 but not on a bank holiday. I would choose this restaurant over the restaurants in Chinatown not only for quality but also value for money. The twins gave it 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Your kind feedback regarding our Le Chinois restaurant is most welcome, especially from your twin boys.

We are very proud of our restaurant, the quality and the variety of food we offer to our diners. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!