“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

You added Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Sloane Street | Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #405 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The good:

Location is fantastic
Rooms are good value for money actually
Friendly staff
Good breakfast

The bad
Executive lounge felt like an after though, very limited in terms of refreshments etc. Perhaps this was only a temporary lounge, I did not bother to ask!?

We wanted to go for a drink after dinner and found out that the bar was closed. Very strange so we went to another hotel down the road again.

Would I stay again, yes but only if I got a good deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge for your recent stay and I am pleased that you found your overall experience enjoyable. The issues you raise regarding the Club Lounge, I am addressing the service cover to ensure that refreshments are consistenly available to our guests and I apologise if drinks were not available to you after dinner. Our last orders at Le Chinois bar is 10:30pm and Tangerine Bar 1:00am.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
milton keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have now stayed at the Millenium Hotel a few times, it is a very welcoming hotel, the staff are very helpful, and it feels a homely hotel.
The rooms are comfortable, (although this time the room smelt a little of damp), and certain rooms are noisier than others with traffic noise.
Breakfast is either continental or English, reasonable choice.
The location is fantastic, very close to Harrods and Harvey nichols, and other shops nearby include Versace, Prada, Armani and Dior. Very easy to explore London from this hotel, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great base in central London.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a high floor, less noise!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Our aim is to provide a home from home experience and from your review we appear to have succeeded.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are at the present looking into noise preventative measures within the hotel.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Another Business stay in London and thought I would go back to the Millennium hotel Knightsbridge. Arrived and was made very welcome at reception, the staff member that dealt with me was Riad, he was kind and very attentive to my requests, and very kindly up graded me to the superior room which was perfect with great views of Knightsbridge, room was very smart and very clean. Got my wake up call and overall my experience was a very good one and I will be sure to return again and again, thanks again Riad

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Whilst business brought you back to London, I am delighted that you returned to us here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and that your overall experience was an enjoyable one, which is always a pleasure to hear.

Your comments regarding Raid have been shared with him personally and we very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here recently for one evening. The room was small which I expected due to the reviews we read and as other people have mentioned the location is excellent.

The staff were helpful, breakfast was excellent but the room felt really tired with tatty wallpaper, flaky paint and broken bits of the bathroom. I appreciate the location but the price does not justify the upkeep for customers who are on a break and would expect a room at least as nice as their home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Nutmegella

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is most welcome and we will be certainly looking at the room concerned as rest assured this is not the standard we aspire to and provide to our guests.

We have recently reviewed our breakfast offering and I am delighted that you found this to your liking.

I do hope that you will return in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel manager went out of her way to accommodate us. Our stay at the Millenium was extremely pleasant and the staff and managers were excellent. We received great hospitality and would recommend this hotel to all of our friends, colleagues and family. In fact, we had such a great time that we have recommended the hotel to our corporate colleagues for their future use.

Dear AFs28970

I very much appreciate your review and your recommendations, We are extremely proud of the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge and the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you, your family and colleagues to experience our home in London.

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having spent 3 nights at the hotel to celebrate my 50th birthday I have to say I had a good time. The hotel is in a great location. the room was small but had all we needed for our short break, I slept very well (7th floor). The breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly. The Bar's both lacked atmosphere with the one downstairs being cold and more like a waiting room. We booked through Secret Escapes but never received the complimentary drink we were promised in the deal however we didn't ask for it either. My husband contacted the hotel before we arrived to inform them of my special celebration he asked if anything could be done with regards to upgarding rooms or changing the arrival drink to something I would like (I don't like Proseco) unfortunately he didn't get a response to his mail which was disappionting. I wouldn't stay again but they almost got it right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, from which I have taken on board your feedback. As you are aware our Tangerine bar is incorporated into a large open area, however; steps have been taken to eliminate cold air entering into this space and I am now looking at a seating area in the main lobby. I am disappointed that you did not receive your drink on arrival and that an alternative beverage was not offered, this has been addressed with both my Food & Beverage department and Front Office team.

Having investigated your husbands email, unfortunately we can find no trace of this, hence we were unable to respond.

Thank you for staying with the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Millenium in Knightbridge last saturday night{19th January}. We had a fantastic stay, couldnt fault it at all. The room was very nice with a bed that was the most comfortable i have ever slept in, i must say i liked the touch of our bed being turned down ready for us in the evening and the little chocolate on the bedside was a lovely touch. The meal we had in Le Chinois was excellent, enjoyed every mouthfull, and the breakfast was superb too. We will definitely be back, very soon i hope.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, as i dont like using lifts. It was easily accessed by the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Lizmeek,
The entire team join me to thank-you for writing such a nice review about your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to read reviews about happy guests.
We have recently reviewed our breakfast offer and will continue to always provide the best quality for the most important meal of the day. Also, our newly open restaurant "Le Chinois" which provide fine Chinese cuisine is getting news fans daily and we appreciate your comments.
Kind Regards
Jean-Baptiste Noel

Been to Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!