“Spare a few bucks more” 1 of 5 stars
Review of So Paddington

You added So Paddington to your Saves list
So Paddington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 - 8 Norfolk Square, London W2 1RS, England (Formerly Warwick Hotel)   |
Ranked #966 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Istanbul, Turkey
“Spare a few bucks more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels i have ever seen. Single room with a bathroom means a rat hole with a shower in and toilet out of the room. Bed is totally uncomfortable and may easily cause the hospitalisation of a customer with severe back pains. There are no standards either. I and my friend booked single rooms. Mine was with a double bed and larger compared to my friend's rat hole with a single and horrible bed. Even the hostels in other parts of Europe offer much more comfort compared to this poorly managed disaster. I wonder how on earth British officials licence such craps as 'hotel'. I advise you spare a few bucks more if you care for a proper sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Size of room was accepted for single person
As usual the bathroom is small but very clean with shampoo and soap.
Bath tup is micro sized as you can't turn inside, but with good hot water.
Receptionist (Mr. Mohammed is a very respecteble and helpfull dude). Never refuses a question.
You have all what you need on breakfast: coffee,coco,milk,fresh orange juice,sereals,jam,butter,friut yougert and different kinds of bread.
Main disadvantage is no phones in the room for waking up calls
Very good speed wireless internet

Room Tip: Stairs are difficult to climb, so choose first or 2nd floor only no higher.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
devon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Wasn't expecting great things, just a bed for the night whilst at a trade show in London.
Checked in fairly late and noticed a couple of cockroaches in the shower, didn't take too much notice as was distracted by the water dripping on me from the light fitting. Bed was lumpy but I certainly wasn't going looking for trouble by peeling back the covers and inspecting it and I did sleep fairly well in my cosy little box... with one wall nicely decorated but the others just with polystyrene lining material but I was in the basement room so you have to expect some damp don't you? Which is probably why the mushroom was happily growing out of the skirting board.
In the morning I trapped one big roach under the tooth mug, let the shower run for a couple of mins to flush those roaches away and then batted a couple more down the plug hole whilst showering. Few more dead ones on the carpet. I am a fairy hardy country girl and decided to take it as an opportunity to experience city wildlife and dined out quite well at my trade show on my tales. Second night the cockroaches had multiplied and I started feeling threatened by the numbers. In the morning there were 2 climbing up the side of the bed and several on the bedroom carpet too. Couldn't wait to check out and the staff really weren't interested in the insects in my room.
But after coming home and reading other reviews I don't feel I had the total SO Paddington experience, no mice or traps and I didn't try the breakfast as the restaurant was next to my room. Hey I might share a shower with cockroaches but I ain't sharing my food with anyone!
Just take a few more minutes online and find somewhere else.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fife
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I had booked this hotel for a 2 night business stay, a friend also booked another room. On arrival i was told there were electrical issues and i was being moved. I don't have an issue with this as long as it's a comparible hotel. It wasn't and this is a reflection on SO Paddington and their values. My friend was also moved. We ended up at Assaha Hyde Park Apartments, both work in IT so WiFi is a requirement for our jobs, here are list of some issues - 1. No WiFi, well it didn't work on 4th floor. I was moved to 3rd floor and assured it would work, it didn't. 2 Shower had two temperatures - Scalding or freezing, 3 Was very noisy street outside, 4 No tea/coffee/refreshments, 5 No toilet paper, 6 Issues with door entry, 7 No lift, 8 Dirty hallway, 9 Electrical cables hanging from ceiling/holes in wall, 10 No breakfast, this had been included. I have since contacted SO and they have offered to recompensate for this. These issues were at Assaha appartment flats but booked SO Paddington and would always expect if no rooms to be transferred to a proper like for like hotel. I did request compensation and was offered a discounted rate for a room in June but i'm not going to be back in London and after this disaster and SO Paddingtons inability to look after their customers why would i want to return to this hotel? Please avoid. I've stayed at 100's of hotels and this is the first time i've ever complained.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Campbelltown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great location, situated near Paddington Station in Norfolk Square. Close to Hyde Park and a bus stop for the Hop On, Hop Off route. Breakfast basic - toast and cereal or a yoghurt. Bedroom small, bed a little lumpy, but clean room and bedding. This is all about location!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I had booked a room to stay in at So Paddington for one night. We'd booked the hotel on Laterooms and when we arrived were told that all the rooms were already fully booked (due to a system error?) so we were moved to their other in Kilburn which I was slightly skeptical about given the reputation of the area.
When we got to the hotel the receptionist was welcoming and polite and we were given a lovely room complete with a bedroom, a bathroom and living room.
However our joy was short lived within minutes. When my boyfriend tried turning on the light in the hallway the bulb "broke" and shards of glass broke into shards over him. Thankfully housekeeping was very prompt in coming to replace the bulb and clean the remaining pieces of broken glass on the floor. The bed was comfortable but there was a hard stain on our sheets - the consistency of wax - and in the morning in the shower we found that the water was hot for about 10 seconds before going lukewarm and eventually cold after around 5 minutes and the view wasn't anything to celebrate (a pub garden next to train tracks).
During the stay I tried to look at the bright side, despite the aforementioned, our night was bearable and we had a wonderful stay in London which discounted any problems with the hotel.
Saying that, I definitely wouldn't recommend So Paddington to a friend unless they were absolutely desperate for a room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed in So paddington hotel for five nights. We got a nice, clean room. (actually got to choose between two different rooms) The staff was great - especially Francis I think his name was. He helped us a lot. The breakfast could have been a little bit better - other than that we were really pleased. We are definitely coming back to this hotel and I am going to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to So Paddington? Share your experiences!