“Reasonably Priced, Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Lancaster Gate | Westminster, London W2 3LG, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #362 of 1,073 hotels in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Reasonably Priced, Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed with my girlfriend for 6 nights during February 2013. The hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood near Hyde Park close to the Lancaster Gate metro station. The staff was always very nice and helpful and the room was small but cozy. The only issue we had with this hotel was that though the wifi was free, the signal was really poor on the 4th floor, this however was a small inconvenience since they have a computer available near the breakfast area and the wifi signal in the lobby was ok. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Byron W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Martin S
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. All the feedback we receive allows us to make the right decisions to improve the experience for all future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be of great value. I have noted your comments about the wifi signal on the 4th floor. We have had the system checked by an engineer to ensure that he signal is strong in all areas of the hotel.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London.

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Perhaps I was lucky looking for a reasonably priced hotel in central London...perhaps it being a Sunday helped ??
I got to the stage of avoiding staying in London if at all possible due to too many bad hotel experiences.....but fret no more.. I'll be looking for this one again in the hope that I can once again get a decent hotel for under £120 per night.

Room Tip: Not too close to the lifts !!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rob S
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback allows us to make the right decisions to improve the experience for all future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be of great value. We are constantly reviewing our price so that we can ensure that we remain great value. If you check our website you will find the best prices we have on sale and we always ensure that off peak periods are very competitive.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just got back was a lovely hotel, very clean excellent customer service. All the staff were very helpful and polite. Room adequate ours was small and compact, down side plug sockets in the wardrobe and although there was tea n coffee making facilities in the room it was in the cupboard as that's where the socket was. Compact ensuite with shower. Towels fluffy and really soft. Heating controls in the room added benefit. Close to Hyde Park and a short walk from Lancaster Gate tube station. Nice comfy bed, plump pillows. Lift to all floors.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Mumboss90
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. Your feedback allows us to make the right decisions to improve the experience for all future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about the plugs. We are currently surveying the rooms to see what rooms need this issue addressed as plug sockets are now very important to travellers.
Esbjerg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you stay in a room for 2 nights, you expect a room that is more then 7 m2.
A room that is 220 x 320 cm is hardly a 2 person room. You can get to the bed from one side??
Could NOT stand upright ón the shover. Just to small. M
Nice reception and fine breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Idniko
I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. As a listed heritage building all of our rooms are different shapes and sizes, on Average our Double rooms are 13.5 square meters. If your room is not to your satisfaction we encourage you to let us know and we will do what we can to get a room to meet your expectations.
Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make this right for you
Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will consider us when you are next in London.
Piastow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located, close to a tube station and to the Hyde Park, in a quiet back street. Staff is friendly and helpful. One fault worth mentioning is that on arrival we had to wait for the room to be cleaned, although it was already after 2 p.m., which is declared as the hotel check-in time. The room itself was clean and comfortable, not very spacious, but it's normal in London. We had a small problem with the wash-basin, but it was promptly solved. Breakfast is allright, but if you don't go to have it early in the morning, you may miss some fresh vegetables and there are no beverages apart of tea, coffee and milk - some fruit juices would be welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear azosiolek
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about breakfast. On investigation I found that we had run out of the fresh vegetables due to an unusually busy weekend. I would like to assure you that this was a one off and not what you can expect from us.
In regards to the beverages we kept a separate buffet for cold beverages that includes Orange Juice, Apple juice and Oranges and a juicer for those that want freshly squeezed orange juice. Our breakfast team are focusing on ensure that they explain to all our guests about the Beverage buffet.
I am sorry that you did not get you room as soon as you had arrived. From time to time due to late departures of previous guests we don’t have the room ready for the new occupant. Please accept my apologies for this
Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope to welcome you back when you are next in London.
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in a single bedroom for 2 nights. It is a reasonable hotel for its price and also it has a good location - near Lancaster Gate tube station.
If the main reason that you are picking this hotel is the gym, I would recommend to try another one. The fitness room is tiny with 3 cardio equipments. Don't expect weights. Also since almost nobody uses it they sometimes forget to leave towels etc.
There is no minibar in the single bedroom.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Byron W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear babutine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve our performance and meet the expectations of future guests.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be of good value for money. As a regular gym goer myself I understand your comments about our fitness room. We would encourage people looking for a full gym to stay elsewhere as we only offer basic gym facilities hence we describe it as a fitness room rather than a gym. I have however reviewed the times we check the gym as we expect to always have towels available in there.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel looks as though it was remodeled in the recent past. Taking into account the room rate, it beats the other similar hotels (about 6) in the Padding area where I have stayed. The staff is great and although I passed on breakfast, my traveling companions said it was good. You can walk to Padding station in about 8 minutes and there are plenty of places to eat and drink. This is a thumbs up hotel across the board for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear jimg1812,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very grateful for the positive comments about the staff and hotel
Email: byron.wilson@mornington.co.uk

Been to BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel? Share your experiences!