“Mice throughout hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

You added Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London)   |
Ranked #530 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Mice throughout hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Checked into Room 502, a mouse ran under the bed and I requested a new room. Moved to room 301, got up next morning to another mouse scurrying across the carpet from under the bed. This hotel is infested!!! Shocked they can stay open and serve food here. Do not stay here.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in a single room (number 622). It was new, clean and had good space for 1 person. There was a mini (empty) fridge and also a microwave on the room which was great. They offer lots os different plugs which are very helpfull. The wifi worked really well on my room and have a good connection. Very close to Paddington Station and the Lancaster gate underground. There was no lift on the building I was staying but the was connection between the building so for me it was no problem. They help you with your luggage too. The staff is very helpfull also. I had a really good stay and would deffinately come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This has been a particular experience. We landed in this hotel after having a confirmed reservation in another facility from the group. Thank god there was the sweetest and loyal employee from Spain Melania who walked us through all out multiple inconveniences around getting the type of bed I had specified in the reservation. She changed us three times and at the end we had a lovely stay. Actually she is the kind of employee that before such discomforting situations make you still want to stay.

Bedrooms are small but according to prices in London, they are fine. Location in the city is pretty convenient for tourism plans.

Two things to really take into account: linens (stiff and not soft) and pillows (they really can be way more comfortable).

In general I would return AND I suggest you do confirm in advance the kind of room you'll be getting.

Thank you Melania and Ruxi (front desk manager) for your help and for making our stay a lovely memorable experience.

Cheers from your Colombian friend.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had reserved rooms in the Park Grand Lancaster Gate, but were told when we arrived that we were being moved to the Shaftesbury Paddington Court. Our rooms had been upgraded and breakfast was now included in our room rate. The Shaftesbury was described as an annexe to our originally booked hotel, but I felt that the the former was much less inviting than the Lancaster Gate hotel. Very pleasant and helpful staff - they really make the hotel. Rooms broadly comparable, newly refurbished. Very narrow winding corridors, limited lift access, split landings, very dark narrow dismal breakfast room in the basement with no natural light.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall it was a good enough stay. Quite an old hotel reflected by the layout - various sets of stairs with no lifts in many parts of the hotel - which is over various locations. We were not aware of the renovation work going on at the hotel at time of booking which was very noisy; enough to waken us on a Saturday morning, despite being 4 floors above reception. Because of this we had to have breakfast in the sister hotel. Breakfast was good enough but the service left a lot to be desired - despite managers walking about dining area, not once were we asked our room number and shown to a seat. As a result one morning another couple sat we had been sitting and we had to lift our belongings and move. Plus guests were walking through this area with their luggage - not good. Reception staff generally good - women much more helpful than the men. Free chocolates in reception area; nice touch.

Room Tip: Do not go for compact room.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a rather dismal stay at a hotel I had booked prior to my trip, I decided to check out early and reserved Paddington Court Suites for my final two nights in London. From the very minute I set foot in the hotel lobby I was greeted by an amazing staff that seemed to genuinely care that I have a great stay at their hotel. Check in was hassle free and, being that reception was across the street from where I was staying, I was extremely grateful for the gentleman who took my bag, escorted me to my room and gave me a quick little tour of the highlights of my accommodation.

Once in the room there was another door separating the main outside door with the sleeping quarters to ensure a quiet stay. "Maid Service", "Do Not Disturb" and a "Help" button took the place of those cards you usually hang on the door that, if you're me, always end up on the floor or some prankster turns them around to reverse your request". The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning system worked really well, free wi-fi, a huge television screen, microwave and a small refrigerator were all included as were toiletries, a hair dryer, iron and board and plenty of towels.

The room service breakfast was delivered promptly and wasn't cold.

The hotel itself is within walking distance to the Bayswater Tube Station as well as Paddington Station. The neighborhood was safe and filled with cafes and stores.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. And, for what you get, the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is a standard old London place with steps and stairs and odd shaped rooms. AC could have been better and water pressure in the shower was dire! Made up for by the helpful and friendly staff who couldn't do enough to help us. Mitre pub around the corner is a good place for dinner.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business