“Best way to end our London Trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #545 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Best way to end our London Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My hubby and I stayed at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court Hotel on the last weekend we were in London before heading home. It was a last-minute accommodation choice as we were extremely dissatisfied with our original choice. The staff were amazing and very accommodating! The bellman helped us carry our luggage to our room and was super friendly. We loved checking in and seeing our names on the TV as a welcome, too! I wish this was something hotels do here. While the room was on the small side, we absolutely had an amazing stay. It was closeby to shops for us to walk to. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Box Elder, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff seems very professional and friendly, but I wouldn't recommend staying here until renovations are complete. They seem to be unable to keep their core facilities working smoothly while working on renovations. I suspect that everything will be fine once the work is completed; I really think it was just a bad set of circumstances and would recommend looking at other reviewers as well. Here are the problems that I encountered which meant I spent a few hours fiddling with the hotel instead of touring London:

- In the first room, my room key would not open the exterior door or my room door and the staff was unable to resolve quickly. The bolt lock was also broken.
- My second room had no regular heat source; instead I was expected to use a space heater. I was not informed of this when I switched rooms and I consider this unacceptable for a normal hotel. Unfortunately the space heater didn't work either and had to be replaced by the staff. The safe did not have clear instructions and it was very easy to lock my possessions in the safe without having a code to open the safe; again I had to get help from the staff. The hot water control was extremely erratic; mostly it was always in a scalding hot state regardless of where the temperature was set. At this point, I couldn't invest any more time in helping the hotel diagnose problems, so I just tried to not get scalded and went about my business in London.

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When I arrived, I found that due to over-running renovation work, I'd been moved to the Park Grand hotel around the corner (splitting this review, and putting that part of the stay there).

I understand that this was because the BWSPC is being renovated to the PG standard - if the prices are not elevated, this is going to be great! Although from some of the reviews, I am guessing the room size is similarly going to be small - if this matters to you.

I was very supprised to hear that some people have complained about having been moved, as the alternative is just around the corner, you are escorted there by staff (who carry your bags). The PG is a much better hotel than I was expecting for the price paid to the BWSPC, and the staff there are just as good. Oh, and I had a free breakfast to make up for the 'inconvenience'.

Wassenaar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington, this hotel lies in a nice corner of streets north of Hyde Park, decidedly different to lots of less nice streets in the neighbourhood.

Rooms are tiny but adequate, modernised, and well priced. This time however they failed to mention their lift was not working due to renovations at the hotel. These are quite extensive and the hotel should warn customers of this on their website and before checking in. I only found out after checking in and having completed payment for one night. Six stairs to get to the third floor is a bit much, they offered help with the luggage but I only had a small bag. So watch out for this before booking, it should be finished in a few months they said

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for couple of days. Room was soooooooooo small, I just couldn't move around. No place to keep suitcase. Study desk filled with coffee and other condiments - no room to keep the laptop. Bathroom sooooo small I had to struggle to take shower. Not at all worth the price I paid.

Room Tip: Take a room only if you get on the front side. Rear side rooms are small.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great check in and extremely clean and modern single (small) bedroom. Good and Warm with tea, coffee and microwave. Good sized TV with Freeview. I was there 2 nights and surprised to find a complimentary fruit bowl for the second night. Breakfast surprisingly good - cold buffet and very good help yourself cooked buffet with excellent sausages. I have stayed in many Paddington Hotels - very variable - this one is excellent value, convenient with particularly helpful staff. Good quick free WiFi too

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Vinayak G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest
I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Kind Regards,
Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!