“very comfortable and convenient, staff make the difference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #516 of 1,072 hotels in London
Madrid, Spain
“very comfortable and convenient, staff make the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel recently - the hotel is very convenient for tourism and business, close to the centre of London, and a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station. The staff are without exception friendly and attentive, especially the manager, Vinarak. I had an issue (along with other guests) with the swipe cards for access to the hotel room which were losing their data over the course of the day. Very frustrating since the room was a good way from reception. Vinarak took note of my concerns and my second stay was perfect.

I highly recommend the hotel as convenient, comfortable and great value for money, but I would add 2 things - the rooms can be small, and there are sections of the hotel which aren't served by elevators. So make a note when you reserve, and better still arrive early in the day to make sure you can sort this out during checkin.

Thank you Vinarak, and your team, for making my stay so pleasant

Room Tip: ask for a reasonably sized room, and one serviced by elevators. Also check the keys are functional...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future. If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 02077451200.

1,696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

“Disgusting and appauling service”
Mar 12, 2013 Suey123
Was booked to stay for one night and had to look at 5 rooms all very stuffy bad decoration. Wallpaper falling off walls dirty in general. Beds rock hard and pillows and rooms are very small rooms. Had to move hotel. Please dont stay here after reading this review the manager showed us to our last room where he went to turn air conditioning up and the whole unit came of the wall in his hand. Very disturbing:/

• Stayed March 2013
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington court for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

Vinayak Girgune
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, the Reception was efficient, welcoming and friendly and the porters were helpful and polite.
The room itself was very well equipped/stocked with everything you could need. I liked the contemporary yet elegant feel of the room/bathroom decor. I can honestly say this has been the first hotel I have stayed in (without bringing my own pillow) where I have had a fabulous night's sleep.
The shower in the bathroom was AMAZING! I could've stayed in there for at least an hour!!! The following morning's breakfast choice and quality was SUPERB it def. catered for all tastes!
Only negative aspect was the room being a little on the small side
I think this is a perfect solo business traveller hotel! I wish I could stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Mihaela carp
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The positives: Great location within easy walking distance of Paddington, clean, modern rooms, no extra charge for internet access, accomodating staff.

The negatives: Got the feeling that management's highest priority was to fill rooms. The hotel had apparently been overbooked because when I got to the hotel I was told that I was being shuttled to another of their hotels in the neighborhood. After a long day of travelling, I wasn't happy about this. Initially, the lights in the room didn't work, then the door key didn't work, the TV didn't work properly. The room was nice, but positively claustrophobic.

Overall, a good value for the price. But before staying here, you should definitely know the limitations. If you're just looking for a clean, affordable place to sleep, then this place is fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

If we can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02077451200.

Best Regards,
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed the reasonably priced Club Room. The room was well appointed and more than met our needs. The staff met our every request with effectiveness.

We would enjoy staying in a Shaftesbury Group Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us, we do value your feedback.

It was a real pleasure to read your review. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a superior double. Recieved a regular double upon arrival. After first night we asked for a bigger room and recieved one so that was great. Staff was great. Everything worked. Location was convenient. All in all. A very pleasant stay. Will repeat one day

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel this weekend. Definately not 4 star. The roompicture on the site is definately not standard, we literally could not even walk around our bed! The bathroom door could only be partially opened because it hits the toilet. Unbelievable, we stay in hotels very often all around the globe but we have never experienced this. It feels so claustrophobic!
It is also very noisy, our room neighboirs turned on their tv at 06.00 both sat and sun morning, although they didn't turn up the volume it still woke us up. Only good thing is (part of) the staff. The young gentleman guiding us to our room was extremely nice and forthcoming, so was the staff in the breakfast area. We left our luggage in the hotel care today after checking out, and when collecting the bags we got one of our own and one of someone else... That was the last negative thing. We will never come back for sure. I never wrote a review before but I definately feel the need to share our experience on this hotel.
BTW, be carefull booking any Shaftesbury hotel, this was my second stay with them and on both occasions we were involuntary placed in a different hotel than originally booked!

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!