“Comfortable stay, excellent facilities and overall service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #552 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Edinburgh UK
“Comfortable stay, excellent facilities and overall service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My son and I had a comfortable stay in the Club room. I thought it would be bigger but it wasn't. Still, we enjoyed the facilities like microwave, plates and cutlery, toiletries,coffee and tea facilities (housekeeping was helpful in terms of replenishing supplies). We got slippers, a small basket of fruits, drinks including a couple of cans of soft drinks, bottled water and two small bottles of red wine. It was pretty 'luxurious' as this is the first time, we get stuff like that. There were bath robes too. Reception was very helpful for eg in terms of directions and other needs. The bar staff and concierge were helpful too. The location was very handy in catching buses and Paddington station was 10minutes walk away so it was easy to catch the Heathrow Express to the airport. The Hotel could make the rooms smell better by having better cleaning products (?). I appreciate that it is a hard job for cleaners and hope that they are given the time to do it properly like corners of rooms like the bathrooms and under the beds regularly at least. The late check out after 1pm is quite steep, £20 an hour. All in all, I would come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mei Wan,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. Thank you for your feedback and I will make sure all your suggestions will be forwarded to our Housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in London.

Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed two nights and the staff were very helpful. breakfast good, and excellent location. good for a business trip, and easy to get to, with close proximity to paddington station. Would definitely stay again, as good comfortable hotels like this are hard to find

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay in London for the final three nights of my holiday and was fortunate enough to find Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London via trivago.com. I thought it looked too good to be true on the website, considering the price! But when I arrived, my expectations were far exceeded! The staff were all so very lovely and helpful. I had booked a 'double superior room' and, while small, it was extremely clean and the decor was beautiful. The hotel is about a 5-minute walk to Paddington Station, which was ideal when I needed to catch the Heathrow Express from there at the end of my stay.
The fast, free wifi access throughout the hotel was also a bonus - I no longer had to seek out a Starbucks to access my emails!
The only suggestion I would make is perhaps buying some more gym equipment for the 'fitness centre' - it currently only contains two treadmills. The fact that this hotel had a gym was one of the reasons I booked it initially and I did expect a slightly more well-equipped room.
However, having said that, I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. I will definitely be staying here again in future and have told several friends about it who are travelling to London later this year. Thanks!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Hannah S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

It was a great pleasure to read your feedback and your generous comments about our staff.Thank you for your feedback and I will make sure your suggestion will be forwarded to our projects team.

Hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to London.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I tend to have a 1 night overnight stay in London every week is this is my hotel of choice. Its in a great location but mainly the room cost is good value. Some of the rooms might be small but still they are fully equipped and all that I have stayed in have had a work area and internet access.
When I have had breakfast it has always been very good, plentiful and freshly cooked. As people get more concerned about costs this hotel represents a good place to stay if you want to feel you are getting value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We are glad that you liked our services.

Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back in London.

Port Talbot
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We paid extra for a superior room which was supposed to be a larger room. The room measured approx 10 feet by 10 feet, honestly, no exaggerating, very claustrophobic.
We couldn't open the cupboard as there was no room between the door and the bed. If we moved the chair from the desk then the drawers would slide open and there was no way to keep them closed.
Of the 3 nights we stayed, the heating only worked one night. The remaining nights we were supplied with an oil radiator which was not up to the job.
For a four star hotel,I was left very disappointed and will pick a different hotel on my next visit to London

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

If we can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 02077451200.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked a single room for 1 night to attend a business dinner. Room was quite small and on ground floor with blanked out window, but very clean with tea making facilities etc. If your'e a little overweight you might struggle to get in the shower!
But bed comfortable, room quiet and great breakfast the the next morning. Staff all very polite and attentive.
Would be happy to book again (but would ask for a bigger room)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Paul A,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7745 1200 for future booking.

Kind Regards,
Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!