“Definitely my new headquarter in London !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #515 of 1,073 hotels in London
Barcelona, Spain
“Definitely my new headquarter in London !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good hotel located in a quiet area at only 5 minutes of Paddington tube/train station wich give a strategic position the the hotel.
Good ratio between Price/facilities/service. Nice efficient, discreet , courteous helpful staff in all the areas.
The room was small like in many hotels in the center of London as Victorian neigbourhoods buildings do not allow biggest spaces (it was certainly the room of Docajenk's review ).
Nevertheless it was very nice, with optimized space, the bed was big and very comfortable, the room was equipped with a very complete and practical bathroom/toilette (good water pressure and the temperature easy to regulate) and a flat TV screen on the wall.
The room was at the first floor with a little balcony on the street. I slept very well during the 3 nights of my stay , important detail when you travel for business.
Breakfast was included, complete, good food and drinks, smiling and available staff in every moment (important when you wake up early in the morning ) .
Also there is a a very comfortable lounge with a bar to take a drink quietly listening smooth music while you read a newspaper or check your e.mails.
One of the best place I have stayed in London. Will recommend this hotel to other businessmen and travellers friends.

Just a little complaint: internet WIFI speed must be improved in the rooms ;-) it is important to be well comunicated when traveling for business.

For those who are claiming about all in previous reviews: Hilton London Paddington is literally around the corner....

Thankx for all .

Mr. Patrice C. (France) Room 102 February 3-4-5th , 2013.

Room Tip: Quiet doble room on the street side (no traffic noise and nice views)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Patrice,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Kind Regards,

1,720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

There is nothing lavish about this hotel, small and modest rooms, but they definitely make up for it in customer service; every request was met immediately, the rooms were clean and a woman visited the room everyday to check that the room service were doing a good job (a good sign).

Location is very good.

Room Tip: Try to book a room not facing the street as some of them are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Nadine,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

It was a great pleasure to read your feedback bout your recent stay in London. Thank you for your appreciation for our staff, I will share it with the team on our next staff meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Mihaela Carp
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel seems to be a good option for this area; the price and the facilities are reasonable. I stayed in one of their Club Rooms - the only "club" aspect I could see were the complementary fruit on arrival and the slightly weird microwave in the room. The room itself was tiny and mostly occupied by the double bed. The room had a small wardrobe and a small desk and almost no space for walking between them (suitcase had to be packed away, otherwise it took up the walking path). The bathroom was really small as well but recently refurbished, which was nice. The breakfast was rather average and the restaurant is in the basement (no light, several connected narrow rooms). The restaurant only works for breakfasts, so had to order room service for dinner, which (as expected) was pretty terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above the basement level. Do not order room serivce food.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Irina,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at 02077451200.

Best regards,
Mihaela Carp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a great hotel. The location is fantastic(or was for what I wanted) It is close to Paddington therefore Heathrow. Close to Hyde Park so nice for walks and Marble Arch for shopping.

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. I had an early meeting and didnt know how long I would be there. The reception staff allowed me to store my bags but keep my room in case I wasnt back before check out time.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Club Room on the 2nd floor.
This was a small room with a very big bed(two singles together) my regular trick of sleeping on the side furthest to the phone when in any hotel proved to be correct as the matress nearest the phone was well used. There were 8 large pillows of differing firmness(too many for my liking)

The room and bathroom amenities were plentyful and of a high standard.

In my opinion this room is cramped and would be better with one of the chairs removed, less pillows and a slightly smaller bed.

The bathroom appeared to be brand new.

There are plenty of restaurants and convenience shops very close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our 'LITTLE GEM" and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Bolton, Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were warmly welcomed by the reception staff, we had booked a club room as it was a special occasion, my partners birthday. The staff took an interest in this and kindly brought a bottle of wine to our room.
The room was spacious and clean and included all the facilities you could need, including a fridge, hairdryer and microwave. We couldn't find fault with the room, it is clearly a well ran hotel and well cared for.
The staff were excellent, everyone we came across was pleasant and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. They clearly have a positive attitude in their jobs and this comes across when they speak to you.
Breakfast was included and again this couldn't be faulted, the food area was kept clean and there was plenty on offer.
We ordered room service one evening and this arrived promptly, was warm and tasted lovely.
The location of the hotel is perfect. I have stayed in places all over London and this was by far the most convenient, a short walk to kensington park and only a few minutes from paddington station. There are also some nice looking restaurants close to the hotel however we didn't eat in any of these and chose to go into central London for most of our evening meals.
I have never returned to the same hotel in London however I will most certainly return to this one, I plan on coming back later this year and simply can't wait.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our 'An Excellent Hotel Experience' and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The best aspect of this hotel is its location. It is less than a 5 minute walk from Paddington and easily reached upon alighting from the Heathrow Express. It is also within a short walk to Lancaster Gate tube station. The hotel is clean and has been recently refurbished, however, the rooms are very small and I would not recommend a long stay. The bathroom was clean but the shower stall was small for an average sized person. Trying to find your room upon check is like trying to find your way through a maze with poor signage and directions - it would be greatly appreciated were the staff to accompany you to your room upon check-in.

Room Tip: As the rooms are very small, I would recommend choosing a double room for single use rather than a s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02077451200.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is a very good choice a very good location near the parc in a quiet neighborhood... i m sur to come back here for my next travel in london... i think the room is maybe too small but the bed is confortable... and the bathroom is great...

• Stayed February 2013

Your's Sincerely,

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!