“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #525 of 1,062 Hotels in London
Barnsley
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We got a great rate for this hotel, there was complimentary wine, water, fizzy drinks and a fruit bowl. The room was in the basement it was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff were helpful when asked for anything. The only downside was the sound of the fridge in the room but by the second night it wasn't that noticable. The hotel is in a good place for transport into the centre, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and for sharing your feedback about your stay.I am gratified that you liked our services and i'll make sure all your comments will be shared with the team.

Please accept our apologies for the noisy fridge in your room, it would be highly appreciated if you could email us the details of your booking on grm@paddingtoncourt.com to rectify the issue.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to London in the future.

Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently booked at the Best Western Shaftesbury, Paddington Court. Unfortunately I received a mail from reservations saying that they were over booked and they had moved me to Best Western Heathrow. For those of you that know London, this is some distance away. However because of short notice, I had no option but to accept the option. That is the bad news. From here on in, I have nothing but admiration for the way in which the staff looked after me. They asked me to check in as usual at Best Western Shaftesbury, they then provided a cab to take me to Best Western Heathrow, I was provided dinner on arrival and they also provided a cab to get me back to London in the morning on time. The hassle of the over booking issue was completely removed by the excellent response of the Best Western team. They turned a potentially poor experience into a rewarding one, and this review is my thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

I understand that this might have not been the ideal location for you, but i can assure you that all the arrangements were made with the best of intentions in order to compensate for the inconveniences.

Thank you for appreciating our efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back in London.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is in a good location being just a few minutes from Lancaster gate tube. We stayed in a club room which was a good size and had an immaculate bathroom. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast on both mornings which was very good. We look forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact on grm@paddingtoncourt.com.

futuremrsstorey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the second time my fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel and both times we've been happy with our stay. The first time we stayed in one of the suites due to a mix up with the booking so a free upgrade was given. It was a lovely basement room with ample space and the most amazing waterfall shower. This most recent stay was in a standard room which is obviously going to be different. The room was small but very clean, smart and had a comfy bed with tea & coffee making facilities. The bathroom was tiny but again, clean smart and we managed to use it no problem during our 2 night stay. The shower cubicle was perhaps too small but I can't see a way that this can be improved on as it fits in with the size of the bathroom. I'm a petite 5'1" lady and struggled to manoeuvre in the shower so not sure how my fiancé managed it. Saying that the shower was powerful and heat controlled easily. It was fine for 2 nights but I'd possibly struggle with any more. There were plenty of toiletries available in the bathroom even though we didn't need them - always handy. The staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for us or any other guests that we saw at reception. All in all we had a great time and only used the room for sleeping and washing so didn't spend too much time analysing everything.

Room Tip: I'd definitely go for a suite in future.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We are glad that you liked our services.

Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you and we hope to have a welcoming back to you to our property in near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02077451200.

Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Shaftesbury in May 2011 with my sister. We were in london for a long girly weekend. We had a brilliant time. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, just a short walk to Hyde Park and Lancaster Gate Underground station, it was also just a short walk away from a main bus route. Walk a little further and you meet Marble Arch and the start of Oxford Street perfect for shopping lovers. The price of our stay was very reasonable for London hotels especially with the star rating of the Shaftesbury. The room was very clean and had a nice big shower. We stayed in the rooms across the road from the main reception. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. We arrived early and were able to store our luggage in there luggage store for free until we returned later that day to check in. I experienced other London hotels that do now allow this, so we were very happy!
I would recommend a stay at the Shaftesbury to anyone. Great Location! Big room! Clean! Recommended!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a real pleasure to read your generous comments about the service you experienced.

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London and we look forward to welcoming you back in London

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hard to beat in terms of value, service and location. All staff are really friendly and helpfull and the hotel is in well equipped and spotlessly clean. Our group of six had three twin rooms for a weekend and all were more than satisfied with our stay. Location is excellent as is proximity to Lancaster Gate tube, Hyde Park (5 mins) and a couple of recommended 'real' pubs. We usually vary our hotels when in London but we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review about your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
Thank you for praising our staff and the service we provide, that keeps us motivated to keep our high standards.
Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back in London.

Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the hotel only during one night as a stop -over. I' m quite often in London, usually in Bayswater, because of the ideal located place with all the transport facilities, Hyde Park and nice restaurants around.It was my first stay in Shaftesbury Paddington Hotel. I never have been so happy about my stay. The reception staff and the concierge were extremely friendly and helpful, what's not erverywhere the case. The room was clean, free wifi, bed very comfortable!
Definitely my best stay ever in London. Great value! I'll surely come back. (Next stay is yet booked)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review about BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain our standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Please do not hesitate to email us on grm@paddingtoncourt.com for future booking.

Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!