“Excellent value for a weekend in the city.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #518 of 1,055 Hotels in London
futuremrsstorey
“Excellent value for a weekend in the city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the second time my fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel and both times we've been happy with our stay. The first time we stayed in one of the suites due to a mix up with the booking so a free upgrade was given. It was a lovely basement room with ample space and the most amazing waterfall shower. This most recent stay was in a standard room which is obviously going to be different. The room was small but very clean, smart and had a comfy bed with tea & coffee making facilities. The bathroom was tiny but again, clean smart and we managed to use it no problem during our 2 night stay. The shower cubicle was perhaps too small but I can't see a way that this can be improved on as it fits in with the size of the bathroom. I'm a petite 5'1" lady and struggled to manoeuvre in the shower so not sure how my fiancé managed it. Saying that the shower was powerful and heat controlled easily. It was fine for 2 nights but I'd possibly struggle with any more. There were plenty of toiletries available in the bathroom even though we didn't need them - always handy. The staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for us or any other guests that we saw at reception. All in all we had a great time and only used the room for sleeping and washing so didn't spend too much time analysing everything.

Room Tip: I'd definitely go for a suite in future.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We are glad that you liked our services.

Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you and we hope to have a welcoming back to you to our property in near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02077451200.

Best Regards,
Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Shaftesbury in May 2011 with my sister. We were in london for a long girly weekend. We had a brilliant time. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, just a short walk to Hyde Park and Lancaster Gate Underground station, it was also just a short walk away from a main bus route. Walk a little further and you meet Marble Arch and the start of Oxford Street perfect for shopping lovers. The price of our stay was very reasonable for London hotels especially with the star rating of the Shaftesbury. The room was very clean and had a nice big shower. We stayed in the rooms across the road from the main reception. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. We arrived early and were able to store our luggage in there luggage store for free until we returned later that day to check in. I experienced other London hotels that do now allow this, so we were very happy!
I would recommend a stay at the Shaftesbury to anyone. Great Location! Big room! Clean! Recommended!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a real pleasure to read your generous comments about the service you experienced.

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London and we look forward to welcoming you back in London

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hard to beat in terms of value, service and location. All staff are really friendly and helpfull and the hotel is in well equipped and spotlessly clean. Our group of six had three twin rooms for a weekend and all were more than satisfied with our stay. Location is excellent as is proximity to Lancaster Gate tube, Hyde Park (5 mins) and a couple of recommended 'real' pubs. We usually vary our hotels when in London but we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review about your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
Thank you for praising our staff and the service we provide, that keeps us motivated to keep our high standards.
Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back in London.

Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the hotel only during one night as a stop -over. I' m quite often in London, usually in Bayswater, because of the ideal located place with all the transport facilities, Hyde Park and nice restaurants around.It was my first stay in Shaftesbury Paddington Hotel. I never have been so happy about my stay. The reception staff and the concierge were extremely friendly and helpful, what's not erverywhere the case. The room was clean, free wifi, bed very comfortable!
Definitely my best stay ever in London. Great value! I'll surely come back. (Next stay is yet booked)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review about BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain our standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Please do not hesitate to email us on grm@paddingtoncourt.com for future booking.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at the hotel, i love staying here as the staff are friendly and helpful and the location in perfect for central London. The room rates are very reasonable. We arrived during a bout of snow and the room was lovely and warm. The rooms are also very clean. The hotel is in a good location for restaurants and bars and the underground is only a two minute walk away.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our venue and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us each time you visited London.

Thank you for the trust you have in our brand, kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is clean, receptionists and concierge were wonderful and always ready to help. The room cleaners were very good, forgot some sum of money in the room, money was kept intact for me under the pillow, really appreciate the caliber of staff they have at this hotel. Me and my wife did a lot of shopping on Oxford street and westfield at shepherd bush which have direct bus routes from Lancaster gate station. Need to mention the full English breakfast, very fulfilling and nice. In all we had a great time staying at the hotel and I'll still stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Mr Bayo,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain our standards.

Kind Regards,
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Paid for 1 night at this hotel and was looking forward to it after reading the reviews especially when I noticed we had a 'superior' room!

Well, the hotel is very nice and I wsa even more looking forward to seeing out 'superior' room when the receptionist checked us in and said our room was across the orad in the 'Suites' building - well, my excitement grew.

We entered the building and found we were in the basement! The room was very BEJOUX, bizarrly it had a kitchenette and the double bed was pushed up against the wall so no where for me to put my cup of tea. The entire floor was marble so very cold in the middle of January without slippers!!!!

Anyway, the decor was very nice and the blue lit shower was very ambient. All in all would recommend. Not far from the tube and mainline station at Paddington. You will not go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our venue. I can assure you that every review inspires and motivates us in maintaining high level of service.

Our standard double rooms can appear small due to building nature and its design however we do have larger doubles and club rooms that I’m certain you would find more comfortable.

Thank you again, and perhaps you would allow us a second chance to welcome you on your future visits to London.

Regards,
Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!