“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #519 of 1,073 hotels in London
Luxembourg
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the hotel only during one night as a stop -over. I' m quite often in London, usually in Bayswater, because of the ideal located place with all the transport facilities, Hyde Park and nice restaurants around.It was my first stay in Shaftesbury Paddington Hotel. I never have been so happy about my stay. The reception staff and the concierge were extremely friendly and helpful, what's not erverywhere the case. The room was clean, free wifi, bed very comfortable!
Definitely my best stay ever in London. Great value! I'll surely come back. (Next stay is yet booked)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review about BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain our standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Please do not hesitate to email us on grm@paddingtoncourt.com for future booking.

Warm Regards,

1,711 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at the hotel, i love staying here as the staff are friendly and helpful and the location in perfect for central London. The room rates are very reasonable. We arrived during a bout of snow and the room was lovely and warm. The rooms are also very clean. The hotel is in a good location for restaurants and bars and the underground is only a two minute walk away.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our venue and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us each time you visited London.

Thank you for the trust you have in our brand, kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Warm Regards,
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is clean, receptionists and concierge were wonderful and always ready to help. The room cleaners were very good, forgot some sum of money in the room, money was kept intact for me under the pillow, really appreciate the caliber of staff they have at this hotel. Me and my wife did a lot of shopping on Oxford street and westfield at shepherd bush which have direct bus routes from Lancaster gate station. Need to mention the full English breakfast, very fulfilling and nice. In all we had a great time staying at the hotel and I'll still stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Mr Bayo,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain our standards.

Kind Regards,
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Paid for 1 night at this hotel and was looking forward to it after reading the reviews especially when I noticed we had a 'superior' room!

Well, the hotel is very nice and I wsa even more looking forward to seeing out 'superior' room when the receptionist checked us in and said our room was across the orad in the 'Suites' building - well, my excitement grew.

We entered the building and found we were in the basement! The room was very BEJOUX, bizarrly it had a kitchenette and the double bed was pushed up against the wall so no where for me to put my cup of tea. The entire floor was marble so very cold in the middle of January without slippers!!!!

Anyway, the decor was very nice and the blue lit shower was very ambient. All in all would recommend. Not far from the tube and mainline station at Paddington. You will not go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our venue. I can assure you that every review inspires and motivates us in maintaining high level of service.

Our standard double rooms can appear small due to building nature and its design however we do have larger doubles and club rooms that I’m certain you would find more comfortable.

Thank you again, and perhaps you would allow us a second chance to welcome you on your future visits to London.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is Clean, quiet, very cheap for the area, breakfast is good, WiFi is Free

The only caveat is, don't let the concierge order you a mini cab, insist on a London Black Cab,
I ordered a Mini Cab through the concierge which cost me 20 pounds to go to Harrods, the return journey by Black Cab cost me 6 pounds.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are very quiet compared to most other London Hotels.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

We appologise about the inconvenience caused to you and we will investigate the taxi charges with the private car company.

Thank you for your feedback, that will help us offer a better experience for our guest in the future

Please do not hesitate to contact us on grm@paddingtoncourt.com and we look forward to welcoming you back to London.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I found my stay at the hotel very pleasant.

As a frequent traveller to London both on business and pleasure this was my first visit. Having arrived from Heathrow the location was very convenient with the Heathrow Express arriving at Paddington station and having all of it's underground connections nearby. I also enjoyed a very pleasant walk around Hyde Park on Sunday morning.

The room was perfectly adequate and all staff were helpful and polite.

Richard Stanborough

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked for 2 nights at the Park Grand London Paddington hotel through Booking.com, but they had a water leaking problem so we were relocated to this Best Western Paddington Court Suites on the same street. The hotel stuff was very friendly and helpful and told us they did upgrade our room. However our room was in the different building across the street and super teeny tiny with an industrial looking small kitchen which we didn't want it, a small double bed and smallest bath room (even I couldn't bend over to wash my feet), I guess it was only 14-15 square metres. It's a surprise that I could find a smaller room than Cheap Tokyo Business Hotels. Obviously, it wasn't for 2 adults. I checked the Hotel building map on the door and found our room was the smallest room in the building... Also the air conditioner was super loud and the air was super stinky so we had to turn it off. I couldn't sleep at all so we had to book an another hotel for next day. Although the Rain shower and Free wireless internet and the hotel breakfast were very nice. I won't recommend this hotel for a couple. Definitely it's for a single person who needs a microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Avoid the room in the Paddington Court Suits, main building room seems better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay stay with us, we do value your feedback.
We are glad that you liked our services.Unfortunately our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger club rooms available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 02077451200.

Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!