“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #519 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel last week whilst in London on a business trip. From booking in to leaving the Hotel I was impressed. The staff are very helpful, polite and informative. My room was spotless and the food excellent. After this experience I will have no hesitation in staying at this particular hotel again it was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a Best Western Diamond Rewards member. Whenever I travel I look for the closest Best Western hotel, and while loyalty is one thing, honesty is another. I always give an honest review and feedback for each hotel, because that feedback can only help the hotel and future guests.

I had a couple of options for this trip but one was a Best Western Premier hotel at well over £200 per night. That was beyond my budget so I chose the Shaftesbury Paddington Court, which was just a mile from where I needed to be. It is located in a quiet Terrace off the Bayswater Road and close to Hyde Park. It's also close to Lancaster Gate subway - another bonus.

The hotel has a modern look inside rather than traditional, but it is extremely clean and bright. The room was on the small side compared to some other hotels, but that's not unusualy for a city hotel. Although on the small side it wasn't cramped and was spotless. The bathroom was bright and tiled from floor to ceiling. Every part of the bathroom was thoroughly clean. I looked around, up, down, and in any receses. Not a sign of any marks or dirt. There was also the Best Western range of complimentary toiletries, shampoo, shower gel etc.

A really nice touch was the big flat-screen TV on the wall, switched on already, with "Welcome Mr. Brown" on the screen, and a fruit basket as well as complimentary coffee and tea materials. The double bed was very comfy, although at my extended height (I'm 6ft7) it was about 6" short for me. That's not a complaint though, because there's not so many people my height! The room also had a fridge and microwave, as well as iron, ironing board, and hairdryer.

Breakfast is down in the basement, but like all other parts of this hotel it is every bright and clean. Breakfast choice was a good range of cooked and continental items, and I really love the fact that the hotel uses low-salt in all its cooking. I need to watch my salt intake so that was a very welcome thing to see for me.

When I checked in I left my bag at reception while I went out for a late breakfast. On my return I was offered to have my bag brought up to my room, and on departure one of the senior staff members held a corridor door open for me and asked if he could carry my bag downstairs for me. This is the first hotel I have stayed in where staff have offered to carry bags up or down from my room. That is classy, and just reinforces the feeling I got during my stay that customer service at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court is a very high priority for the hotel.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for a central London stay. If you plan to be near Hyde Park then this hotel should be on your short list. It is very competitively priced, and what you get for the money is outstanding value and outstanding customer service. What I got I would have expected from the more expensive hotel option I had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about the service you experienced. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you in your future visits to London.

Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for the second time and will be happy to do so again. The location is perfect for a short shopping weekend in London. You can walk from Paddington station to the hotel and as easily walk to Hyde Park or to Oxford Street shopping area. There are bikes to rent in front of the hotel as well. The staff is very friendly. However, don't expect any luxury but just clean, small rooms and you will not be disappointed. The surrounding area is peacefull but still has a couple of restaurants around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We are glad that you liked our services.
Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back in your future visits to London.

Best regards,
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western this weekend and from start to finish we were so impressed!
Service from staff helpful and very polite, room spotless and welcoming, breakfast brilliant and again the staff were so helpful and polite.
Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We are glad that you liked our services. Kind reviews such as yours inspires and motivates us to maintain high standards.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel right near the station and also very close to many wonderful restaurants and places to shop. It was me and my husbands anniversary and Ibwas taken him up town for a surprise and then to this hotel. I wrote to them beforehand explaining this and when we got there we were upgraded to a wonderful room and had free bottle of wine. Very clean and comfortably. Would really recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our hotel and the service you experienced. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 02077451200.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in December to see a show. The location was excellent. The room was exceptionally modern and clean, offering complimentary toiletries, which enabled us to travel light.
The inclusive breakfast was a great bonus and more than adequate, with very helpful, friendly staff.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay.
It's fantastic to hear such positive feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to London.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night only. Staff friendly & efficient upon checkin and out. The room was clean & had nice biscuits and tea/coffe making facilities. The state of the room (407) however was disgraceful (I have no experience of any other rooms). Curtains didn't cover the window (width or length), covering a cracked glass sash window. TV didn't work from remote or TV directly (even after a visit by hotel staff). Light swich to en-suite worked only periodically & so required much switching on/off to get any light on. In the ensuite: cracked toilet bowl, loose toilet roll holder meant it kept falling off. Loose shower riser rail combined with missing shower screen meant having to damn the doorway with a towel to stop water running back into the room. Tap on sink at rakish angle just hanging in there with filler in the tiles where the towel rail once was. Only some of the downlighters working, which had paint slopped over them from previous careless decoration. Let's just say the comment card was full!

• Stayed January 2013
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02077451200.

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!