You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #528 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Wales
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights with my OH on the 22nd of December to the 24th just to spend a christmassy weekend away because we love London at Christmas.

The hotel is easy to find, if you're arriving via train it's a very short walk from paddington train station or a short walk from tube stations/bus stops. The location is perfect, you can walk to Oxford street and Hyde park, there's a few shops, restaurants and pubs just outside the hotel too but overall you have very simple access to anywhere in London especially all the main tourist attractions from the hotel.

When we arrived check in was smooth, all the receptionists are lovely and extremely helpful, they printed out our winter wonderland tickets for us no bother. The lobby is nothing special or grand though.

The rooms are perfect. They're long but narrow so don't have much space width wise but I don't see the issue with that. There is plenty of wardrobe and drawer apace, a safe and all the essentials like a hair drier and coffee facilities. The beds are comfy, no complaints there.
The bathrooms are very small but bareable with a powerful shower.

My only complaint about the rooms is the thin walls, you can hear people in the next room having a normal toned conversation and people upstairs moving about.

If you're not a serial moaner and look for things to complain about you will definitely be happy with this hotel, we expected less than what we experienced with the price.

• Stayed December 2012
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review about your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and all your suggestions will be taken o board in order to offer a better experience to all our guests. Some of our standard rooms can appear small due to building nature and it's design but we have club rooms that i believe you will find more spacious. Please don't hesitate to contact us on grm@paddingtoncourt.com .

We look forward to welcoming you back at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

Warm Regards,
Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We arrived on NYE and as soon as we walked in i was excited it looked lovely. Soon came the dissapointment, the staff were rude, made us feel uncomfortable and by the look of things made others feel this way too!
We got told whilst trying to check in (with grunts on their behalf) that their was maintenance issues so we were being transfered to a 5* hotel, 30 minutes away, anyone would think this wasnt too bad, we were being moved from hyde park to islington! We had planned our stay around the location of the hotel, and whilst trying to explain this to the staff, whose english wasnt exactly..amazing, i was just talked over! We ended up staying in the other hotel and to be honest i was glad.. untill i arrived!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

I would request you to provide me your full details in order to investigate the matter in depth. Please contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com

Vinayak Girgune
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been a regular at this hotel for a number of years due to its proximate location to Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens, the tubes at Paddington, and clean and quiet room. The hotel has been renovated and upgraded both in its lobby ambience and the quality of the rooms. This past visit was particularly enjoyable due to the helpfulness of the staff and an excellent breakfast arrangement.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Kind Regards,
Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was here for the World Travel Market (WTM) in Nov 2012 so I stayed just few hours in the hotel. Just for sleep and someday for dinner.
The frontdesk was very very helpful, that was what I expected for this kind of hotel.
I booked a Superior room but if you check my photos you will see what is a superior room.
The room was not incredible but I could rest and stayed there without any kind of noise. The temperature was excellent.
Free w-lan and wifi in the hotel, that is a very good thing! and it works very well. In the room you have an internet plug for your personal computer.

My bad points: I wanted to dinner at 21:15. I spoke with the girl at the bar, she told me that she must speak with the cook, she called him and about 2 minutes later she told me that the kitchen was closed because the cook must go. I told her that it was 21:20 and the kitchen closes at 21:30, she didn't know what to tell me. That was very rude because i was very tired because of the WTM.
And in the breakfast room I was waiting for years to be seated, and people was jumping the queue, nobody ask me if i want coffee or something and If stand up somebody cleared my table and sit there another person! that's not good!
That was because the hotel was fully booked, all of us were there for the WTM, so this coul be only if the hotel is fully booked.

In spite of everythign, the House Manager, Vinayak Girgune, solved all my troubles and attended me in everything I need after I filled the complaint form.

I recommend this hotel if you want to stay very very near of Paddington, and if you are not going to stay long times inside of your roos.

If I go back to London, maybe I will stay here again.

Room Tip: 409 and 133 are small rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It’s a great pleasure to read about your experience in Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Thank you for your appreciation for our front office staff, I will share it with the team on our next staff meeting. Regarding the inconvenience caused to you during breakfast and dinner, I do apologise and we will take in consideration all the points raised by you in order to ensure a better experience in the future for all our guests.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Well, having been to London for the first time, I didn't know what to expect.

I have read reviews about this hotel, and to be honest, I was a little worried. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay.

The check-in process was smooth and I was allowed to do so early - nice! The staff was pleasant; although most of them weren't fluent in English (not really a problem).
My room was (as expected) small, so I made the best of it. I have to say that the shower stall was very, very tight! Getting into and out of the stall was a chore. Other than that, I have to say that the room was rather clean and tidy.
The noise level was more than I would have liked as you can hear doors slamming shut and peoples' footfalls as they pass your door.

The thing I liked most about the hotel was that it was very close to Paddington Station. Further, there were plenty of decent restaurants and stores which were open late.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our venue, and I can assure you that every review inspires and motivates us in maintaining high level of service.

Our standard double rooms seem to be small due to building nature and its design however we do have larger doubles and club rooms that I’m certain you would find more comfortable.

Thank you again, and perhaps you would allow us a second chance to serve you.

Regards,
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Excellent stay in this hotel. We stayed in a club room which was immaculately clean, spacious and well presented for a London hotel. We had an excellent night sleep and the staff were very friendly and efficient.

Location was very good as it is a nice stroll from the tube station with a lot to do in the area. All in all a great stay!

The only tip is do not buy a drink from the bar, it is very expensive. There is a Nisa shop around the corner with great offers.

We are planning another trip to London in the new year and will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Club room on the lower ground floor were very quite, you could here a pin drop!
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We strive to maintain high level of service and we are glad when we receive such positive feedback that motivates us in our work.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Would never book with Best Western again. My son and his girlfriend were to be treated to a New Year celebration in London, booking was made weeks in advance. Hotel texted him whilst he was driving to the hotel on the 31st December to say they couldn't accommodate them as there was maintenance affecting his room, yet when my other friends who were there asked to see the maintenance, there was none. My guess is they overbook and move those who don't shout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!