“Nice and cozy - if you like that sort of thing...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #517 of 1,073 hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Nice and cozy - if you like that sort of thing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Well, having been to London for the first time, I didn't know what to expect.

I have read reviews about this hotel, and to be honest, I was a little worried. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay.

The check-in process was smooth and I was allowed to do so early - nice! The staff was pleasant; although most of them weren't fluent in English (not really a problem).
My room was (as expected) small, so I made the best of it. I have to say that the shower stall was very, very tight! Getting into and out of the stall was a chore. Other than that, I have to say that the room was rather clean and tidy.
The noise level was more than I would have liked as you can hear doors slamming shut and peoples' footfalls as they pass your door.

The thing I liked most about the hotel was that it was very close to Paddington Station. Further, there were plenty of decent restaurants and stores which were open late.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our venue, and I can assure you that every review inspires and motivates us in maintaining high level of service.

Our standard double rooms seem to be small due to building nature and its design however we do have larger doubles and club rooms that I’m certain you would find more comfortable.

Thank you again, and perhaps you would allow us a second chance to serve you.

Regards,

1,688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Excellent stay in this hotel. We stayed in a club room which was immaculately clean, spacious and well presented for a London hotel. We had an excellent night sleep and the staff were very friendly and efficient.

Location was very good as it is a nice stroll from the tube station with a lot to do in the area. All in all a great stay!

The only tip is do not buy a drink from the bar, it is very expensive. There is a Nisa shop around the corner with great offers.

We are planning another trip to London in the new year and will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Club room on the lower ground floor were very quite, you could here a pin drop!
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We strive to maintain high level of service and we are glad when we receive such positive feedback that motivates us in our work.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Would never book with Best Western again. My son and his girlfriend were to be treated to a New Year celebration in London, booking was made weeks in advance. Hotel texted him whilst he was driving to the hotel on the 31st December to say they couldn't accommodate them as there was maintenance affecting his room, yet when my other friends who were there asked to see the maintenance, there was none. My guess is they overbook and move those who don't shout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

I would request you to provide me your full details in order to investigate the matter in depth. Please contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com

Vinayak Girgune
Taunton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I arrived at the hotel on one of the wettest nights I have known, I was quickly checked into an absolutely superb room, way above London standards.

Very well equipped room with very modern equipment. Decor was new and very clean. Extremely comfortable room.

The hotel can only be described as an example to others who charge a lot more and offer a lot less.

Parked just around the corner which is free from 6 in the evening until 8 in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

It was a real joy to read such motivating feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay in our property.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you at your next visit in London.

Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was okej, but se stayed in the "club room", so we liked the room, but that was the only thing we liked! The service from the staff was so bad!! They could't help us with anything, they just seemed bothered if you ask for help with something. And that ruined the whole trip! You think that in a 4 star hotel there should be some kind of service, but not in this hotel. If it is your first time in London I really recommend to NOT stay in this hotel! And the breakfast were a disapointment! It cost you 12 pound a day, but they only had like 2 kinds of bread, some youghurt, and some egg, thats it! So dont choose the breakfast, to expensive for nothing special! we were not the only one that was mad about the service, you could see that other guests at the hotel were also disapointed about the service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

Vinayak Girgune
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very pleasant stay. Close to tube station.A fairly small room but fully equipped with tea & cofee facilities plus TV. Toiletetries provided in bathroom. Full breakfast which was self service & plentiful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
We appreciate your kind review and thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your experience in our hotel.
I hope we will have the chance to accommodate you on your next trip to London.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed one night (thank goodness no more) here while enroute to New York and it was quite possibly one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had.

The location is great, cleanliness is great, staff are great but the rooms are simply a joke. We had a "superior double room" and the bed was so small that luckily there was a bedside table which doubled up as my pillow.

One side of the bed was butt up against the window/wall so there was no room to move, and although they provide you with an ironing board, the room we had was laid out in a fashion that it was impossible to stand it up even if you wanted to.

For a single person its fine, but for couples I really wouldn't bother.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes look small due to the buildings nature, however we do have larger double rooms and Suites that we believe you would find them more comfortable.
We look forward to welcome you on your next visit in London.

Kind Regards
Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!