“Best Best Western in london” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #517 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Taunton
“Best Best Western in london”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I arrived at the hotel on one of the wettest nights I have known, I was quickly checked into an absolutely superb room, way above London standards.

Very well equipped room with very modern equipment. Decor was new and very clean. Extremely comfortable room.

The hotel can only be described as an example to others who charge a lot more and offer a lot less.

Parked just around the corner which is free from 6 in the evening until 8 in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

It was a real joy to read such motivating feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay in our property.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you at your next visit in London.

Mihaela Carp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was okej, but se stayed in the "club room", so we liked the room, but that was the only thing we liked! The service from the staff was so bad!! They could't help us with anything, they just seemed bothered if you ask for help with something. And that ruined the whole trip! You think that in a 4 star hotel there should be some kind of service, but not in this hotel. If it is your first time in London I really recommend to NOT stay in this hotel! And the breakfast were a disapointment! It cost you 12 pound a day, but they only had like 2 kinds of bread, some youghurt, and some egg, thats it! So dont choose the breakfast, to expensive for nothing special! we were not the only one that was mad about the service, you could see that other guests at the hotel were also disapointed about the service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

I would request you to provide me your full details in order to investigate the matter in depth. Please contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com

Vinayak Girgune
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very pleasant stay. Close to tube station.A fairly small room but fully equipped with tea & cofee facilities plus TV. Toiletetries provided in bathroom. Full breakfast which was self service & plentiful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
We appreciate your kind review and thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your experience in our hotel.
I hope we will have the chance to accommodate you on your next trip to London.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed one night (thank goodness no more) here while enroute to New York and it was quite possibly one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had.

The location is great, cleanliness is great, staff are great but the rooms are simply a joke. We had a "superior double room" and the bed was so small that luckily there was a bedside table which doubled up as my pillow.

One side of the bed was butt up against the window/wall so there was no room to move, and although they provide you with an ironing board, the room we had was laid out in a fashion that it was impossible to stand it up even if you wanted to.

For a single person its fine, but for couples I really wouldn't bother.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.
I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes look small due to the buildings nature, however we do have larger double rooms and Suites that we believe you would find them more comfortable.
We look forward to welcome you on your next visit in London.

Kind Regards
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

At time you simply wonder that when it comes to pricing, if hotels in London, New York and Paris simply think of a figure and double it! This hotel has very mixed reviews and some concerned me prior to booking last week. I am delighted that I made the reservation. Bedrooms are TIGHT but are well appointed and comfortable. Decent WiFi connection is included and breakfast was good enough not to really notice! Its within easy walking distance of Paddington and Lancaster Gate Tube. At around £110/night, I recommend it at that price

Room Tip: Book a Club Room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

Our standard double rooms can sometimes seem small due to building nature and its design however we try to maintain them practical and the space optimised at its best.

Thank you again, and perhaps you would allow us a second chance to serve you.

Regards,
CorkyBirmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Approx 10 mins walk from Paddington Station, this is a great value little hotel. The rooms I stayed in are equipped with fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, there's porter service on check in and a nice little bar serving hot meals too but only bottled beers, no draught. Rooms were immaculately clean. Shops open late night just across the road. Nice buffet breakfast the next day. Can't fault it really for the money.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We strive to maintain high level of service and we are glad when we receive such positive feedback that motivates us in our work.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Kind Regards
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A friend and I stayed there two nights. We checked-in on December, Friday 14th and checked-out on December, Sunday 16th. We originally booked a Twin Room via Expedia.

One week before arrival I had a few questions and requests about our stay and so I first sent an email to the Best Western reservation Team, they were very efficient and replied the following day telling me I had to contact the hotel directly. So I did on December 7th. I sent an email to both “reservation” and “info” like it says on the “shaftesburyhotels” web site. I sent it to reservations@shaftesburyhotels.com & info@shaftesburyhotels.com. But today, I have checked-out almost a week ago, and I am still waiting for them to answer me. Not so good…

The man working when we arrived was not very welcoming and, did not see at first that the room was already prepaid (I told him) when he told me they do not accept the credit card I gave him.

He handed us the cover key. There was only one of course so we asked for a second one. Cover with nothing else but the room number on it. No name, no check-in and check-out date, not mentioning if the breakfast was included or not (even though we knew it we had booked room only). For those who will be staying there, note that “B” stands for Basement. Just so you know.

“B19” is actually a family room like you can see on picture. There a double and a single bed. That was not what we booked but it was fine though. The bathroom looked great; the bed sheets, not that much. We got fresh flower, I have to say that was a surprise; a good one. We needed a least one good surprise out of six.

I believe the room had not been checked in a long time. First test, the mirror on the wall: dust. The one over the desk: dust. Third surprise in the middle bed side table, an empty razor box (I gave it back at the front desk on our way out, no excuses). Then we tried to open the closet to use the safe but the other table was in the way, when we moved it, we found a tissue on the floor…not so good. Last, when I looked closely at the shelves in the bathroom, there too we could see dust on it. For a four star hotel, they’ve got work to do.

The good things were that, the wifi was working; the location was great (five minutes walking distance from Lancaster Gate Underground Station). By the way, if you are looking for a place for breakfast Do Not go to “Craven Café” but to “Island Grill” part of the “Lancaster Hotel” real quality food & service for £7,50++/pax.

One last thing, “thank you to Mr. Nikolai” for being the only answering my mail that quickly.

Room Tip: "B" stands for basement
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02077451200.

Vinayak Girgune
Hotel Manager
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!