“Great location and nice room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #517 of 1,073 hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location and nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Room:
I stayed in a Club Queen room which was one of the basement club rooms. The bed was huge, but was actually two singles pushed together, which meant ending up sleeping on just one side anyway, but it was comfy enough. The room size was on the small side, but by no means pokey. Quality fittings and furnishings and there was a microwave and a fridge, large flat screen TV, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities. I especially liked the bathroom with the large shower tray (no bath) with rainfall shower head (quality Grohe fittings) and the underfloor heating was a nice addition. Other nice touches included fresh flowers and fruit on the desk, and the dark chocolates on the bed were delicious!

Free internet is available (wired and WiFi) but don't expect blistering speeds from the WiFi - found it a bit patchy and slow.

Breakfast was a hot/cold buffet style, with plenty of choice of fresh breads/pastries. Overall, fairly decent.

Location:
Good location a couple of mins walk away from Hyde Park. Towards a residential area, around 10 mins walk from Paddington in one direction, and Lancaster Gate tube Circle Line (short cut via Elm Mews), which was very handy for the office. I didn't recall seeing a restaurant at the hotel, but there are a few restaurants nearby to choose from - I recall an Italian, Chinese, Malaysian and Lebanese at least. I ate at a Chinese place just opposite on Craven Road called the Mandarin, which looked a little plain, but the food was pretty good. If you use them, there is a 'Boris bike' docking station right outside the hotel. There is a Nisa small supermarket and an off license just opposite as well.

Overall, a decent little hotel with friendly staff, and I'll certainly consider this hotel again for my next visit to the office.

Room Tip: Some of the reviewers stated that some standard rooms were small. I chose a club room, which was onl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to email me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com for future booking.

Kind Regards

1,688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rowley Regis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in one of the suites opposite the hotel and was pleasantly surprised with what laid beyond the door. The room was compact but comfortable. It had a self contained kitchen area with a fridge, sink and microwave which was very handy for those that don't want to venture outside to eat. The bed was extremely comfortable with dimmer controlled lighting. The shower, albeit on the small size was a monsoon rain like shower which was steaming hot and relaxing. All in all a lovely night's stay and I would definiately look to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was small but adequate beds really comfy stayed in a club twin overall value for money was very good. I would stay here again Staff were friendly rooms very clean didn't have breakfast in hotel so have no idea what that was like could here next door at 2 am in morning talking in corridor very annoying not hotels fault just ignorant foreign guests

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for Choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our property and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms differ in sizes due to the nature of the building, however we try to keep our rooms practical and to optimize the space at its best.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you on your future visits to London.

Best Regards,
yeovil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

After searching the internet for a nice hotel to stay in in London I chose the Park Grand Hotel in London Paddington. There was severe flooding in the south west where we lived but we decided to travel as the trains were running still, I called the hotel reservations line the morning of our departure to check that the payment had gone through, and the room was reserved- this was confirmed. Once we arrived at the hotel around lunchtime we were told that there were no rooms available- as the hotel had overbooked (which has happened to many previous customers as per the reviews on tripadvisor) and that the hotel had tried to contact me to advise me of this- which was not true as i had received no phonecalls/emails to this effect.
Had we of received this information before we left due to the adverse weather conditions we would of stayed at home. We were offered a refund/ or a room at the Best Western just down the road, I complained to the manager on reception that i had not booked a room at the Best Western I had booked at the Park Grand but there was nothing I could do.
We arrived at the Best Western and were not offered any apology or complimentary drinks for the mixup i burst into tears at the desk feeling full of cold and frustrated i felt so helpless and that the weekend I had planned had been ruined, I wish i had read the reviews before I booked.
The rooms are small,staff are polite and the breakfast is nice.
I don't understand why this keeps happening to customers who have a booked a room in good faith in the current economic climate, your customers are your business, but no-one seems to care or has offered myself or any of the other guests any compensation or apology for their mistake.
Cheaper hotels are crying out for business and charging a cheaper price and a better level of customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington court for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely & profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

Stratton, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very good hotel, friendly staff, lovely room, excellent location, great warm service, would definately stay at this hotel again soon we hope!! Would recommend this hotel to friends and family, thanks for making our stay in London a very memorable occasion!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain high standards.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on tel:02077451200 if we can be of any assistance.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used to lodge in this hotel for business and I have always had great and warm experiences. Staff is very professional and kind. The hotel is conveniently located in the Paddington area next to the tube and to several amenities

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our 'Fantastic Experience' and the service you received - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

hotel is very confortable and closed to Paddigton station/tube.
Staff is friendly and very professional.
For a business travel is definetly one of the best solution I've tried.
international breakfast is for everybody

Kind Regards
Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!