“Small but adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #521 of 1,071 hotels in London
“Small but adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was small but adequate beds really comfy stayed in a club twin overall value for money was very good. I would stay here again Staff were friendly rooms very clean didn't have breakfast in hotel so have no idea what that was like could here next door at 2 am in morning talking in corridor very annoying not hotels fault just ignorant foreign guests

• Stayed December 2012
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for Choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our property and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms differ in sizes due to the nature of the building, however we try to keep our rooms practical and to optimize the space at its best.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you on your future visits to London.

Mihaela Carp

1,634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
yeovil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

After searching the internet for a nice hotel to stay in in London I chose the Park Grand Hotel in London Paddington. There was severe flooding in the south west where we lived but we decided to travel as the trains were running still, I called the hotel reservations line the morning of our departure to check that the payment had gone through, and the room was reserved- this was confirmed. Once we arrived at the hotel around lunchtime we were told that there were no rooms available- as the hotel had overbooked (which has happened to many previous customers as per the reviews on tripadvisor) and that the hotel had tried to contact me to advise me of this- which was not true as i had received no phonecalls/emails to this effect.
Had we of received this information before we left due to the adverse weather conditions we would of stayed at home. We were offered a refund/ or a room at the Best Western just down the road, I complained to the manager on reception that i had not booked a room at the Best Western I had booked at the Park Grand but there was nothing I could do.
We arrived at the Best Western and were not offered any apology or complimentary drinks for the mixup i burst into tears at the desk feeling full of cold and frustrated i felt so helpless and that the weekend I had planned had been ruined, I wish i had read the reviews before I booked.
The rooms are small,staff are polite and the breakfast is nice.
I don't understand why this keeps happening to customers who have a booked a room in good faith in the current economic climate, your customers are your business, but no-one seems to care or has offered myself or any of the other guests any compensation or apology for their mistake.
Cheaper hotels are crying out for business and charging a cheaper price and a better level of customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington court for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely & profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

Stratton, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very good hotel, friendly staff, lovely room, excellent location, great warm service, would definately stay at this hotel again soon we hope!! Would recommend this hotel to friends and family, thanks for making our stay in London a very memorable occasion!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain high standards.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on tel:02077451200 if we can be of any assistance.

Mihaela Carp
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used to lodge in this hotel for business and I have always had great and warm experiences. Staff is very professional and kind. The hotel is conveniently located in the Paddington area next to the tube and to several amenities

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our 'Fantastic Experience' and the service you received - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

hotel is very confortable and closed to Paddigton station/tube.
Staff is friendly and very professional.
For a business travel is definetly one of the best solution I've tried.
international breakfast is for everybody

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to email me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com for future booking.

Kind Regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

... quite the opposite. I took my mum for a mini break and stayed at the BW Shaftesbury Paddington Court hotel. From the moment we walked through the door, everything was perfect. All staff could not have been more helpful, especially concierge. We were met with a smile and there was a definite "warm" feeling. The manager went over and above what was expected to make our stay pleasant. Our room was immaculate with a good selection of bathroom accessories and breakfast choices catered for all tastes with good quality products, again with good and friendly service. I appreciate it must be frustrating if one’s hotel room is on the small side and in the past have found it very much “hit and miss” with London hotels, despite their star status, but I definitely found a “hit” and will definitely book again whenever visiting. I would reiterate Felindreman’s comments regarding value for money and locality. There is a great choice of restaurants and amenities within walking distance. Thank you Mr G and your team – you helped make my break with mum very special.

Room Tip: As a few comments have been made about size and location of rooms, check when booking and ask for de...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Claire,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for a night in single room which was small but well-furnished and clean. Not sure if the hotel has been refurbished recently but the room had that modern feel. I would also add the hotel represents excellent value for money. Also convenient for the main railway station with plenty to do in the Paddington area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the court yard. it's quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our 'Enjoyable Stay' and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!