“Not enough room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #537 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Not enough room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for four nights in a room where there was not enough room to swing a cat! Really difficult to move around the room. And there is nothing fun about having to walk across the road in the rain to get your breakfast. And as for the door keys that hardly ever worked first (or even tenth) time! Would never stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you and we hope to have a welcoming back to you to our property in near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02077451200.
Best Regards,
Vinayak Girgune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bracknell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Close to Paddington Station, this hotel is good value for money. My double room was typically small but had all the facilities needed. As a converted Victorian / Georgian mansion, the stairs and corridors are not symmetrical, which makes interesting navigation around the place, especially to find the breakfast room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our venue, and I can assure you that every review inspires and motivates us in maintaining high level of service.

Our standard double rooms seem to be small due to building nature and its design however we do have larger doubles and club rooms that I’m certain you would find more comfortable.

Thank you again, and I hope you will allow us a second chance to serve you.

Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel has been getting some bad reviews for room size etc. Well yes the rooms may be small but they are cosy, clean and beautifully decorated. Very close to Paddington station yet very quiet and nice area. Also equally as close to Lancaster Gate tube station on the central line for people who like a less busy station.

The staff weren't the friendliest but I don't like being smothered by service people much anyway. Check-in and out was easy peasy and bed was really comfy.

Overall great for a short term visit in London for one or two people.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room, level 4 was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am gratified to read about your experience in our hotel and your appreciation for our services. The negative behaviour is unacceptable among our staff and I will share your review with my colleagues at our next staff meeting. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback to implement improvements and to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back in London.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A wonderful mix of quality and cost. Everything was perfect. Room clean and well equipped. Cost was really low, but quality was really excellent. Also breakfast was really good. The view from window was not brilliant, but apart from that it's ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

We hope you will visit us again soon. For any inquiries do not hesitate to contact us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Plenty of different hotels in Paddington area,but,enjoyed my stay,as hotel perfect for meeting/having friends join one for a coffee/drink downstairs in the comfortable salon &/or a walk thru Hyde Park.
Room would be too small for two.

Room Tip: As a single traveler one is usually given a narrow single bed,but,Best Western do not do that. One...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for Choosing to stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our property and the service you experienced. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms differ in sizes due to the nature of the building, however we try to keep our rooms practical and to optimize the space at its best.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,
Bridlington.UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived mid afternnon to a gleaming lobby and friendly staff. The room itself (twin) was immaculately clean, warm, ample tea and coffee..good tv. However it was very small , little space to move around bearing in mind my friend and I dont measure above 5ft . The bathroom again very clean lots of little treats but the shower was a giggle, in respect that for 2 ladies of petite stature you couldnt actually move around in the shower so anyone taller than us would really struggle ( room 316). The breakfast at 12.95 each was overpriced.
The nearest tube was Lancaster Gate not exactly close but not miles away.
Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Club rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Wendy Whett,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court in London.

On behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Because of the building nature and its design some of our rooms are smaller in size however we do have bigger rooms like Club Rooms and Suites, and you would find those rooms much more comfortable in each and every aspect.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Penzance, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed in the same room for three nights on two occassions - mid October 2012 and mid November 2012. Although the room is a bit small it is nicely appointed and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower was one of the best I've had. Easy to control the flow and the temperature and a nice big shower head. The bed was really comfortable. I would have liked to have had Sky News on the TV because this is what I watch at home. I found all the staff that I encountered were very polite and helpful. The full English breakfast was excellent and set me up for the day. The best part is that it is less than 10 minutes away from Paddington Station and the Underground. I would recommend this hotel based on my experience there. I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I've only experienced this one room so I am not in a position to do so.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Peter J,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team. Your recommendation is very important to us and based on that we will take the necessary measures to upgrade out TV channel listings.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

Mihaela Carp

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!