“Central Location and Excellent Value for money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #513 of 1,075 hotels in London
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Central Location and Excellent Value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed in the same room for three nights on two occassions - mid October 2012 and mid November 2012. Although the room is a bit small it is nicely appointed and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower was one of the best I've had. Easy to control the flow and the temperature and a nice big shower head. The bed was really comfortable. I would have liked to have had Sky News on the TV because this is what I watch at home. I found all the staff that I encountered were very polite and helpful. The full English breakfast was excellent and set me up for the day. The best part is that it is less than 10 minutes away from Paddington Station and the Underground. I would recommend this hotel based on my experience there. I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I've only experienced this one room so I am not in a position to do so.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Peter J,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team. Your recommendation is very important to us and based on that we will take the necessary measures to upgrade out TV channel listings.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court.

1,731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our stay was disaster. Girl on reception desk was not polite, was very unwelcome atmosphere around- no smile, no simple polite worlds very very unpleasant experience. When house porter guide us to the room( which was in different building?!) all the way he was telling how sad and tired he is and how happy he will be cos in 10 hours time he'll finish his shift...should I feel sorry that he has to help me???? ROOM- super super small, very very dirty, no cold water, view from the window was terrible....for this price which I paid I could get very good different hotel. Then in morning housekeeping start knocking ( 8.30) then on the door was PLEASE DO NOT DISTURBS. Then I check out they even never said goodbye or ask how I enjoyed my trip, all they said -EVERYTHING IT'S OK. Maybe was OK for them cos they took my money but it was the most disaster hotel experience in my life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington court for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely & profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

Vinayak Girgune
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

at the begining i was a bit concerned about the reviews regarding the size of the room and its cleanliness, but i decided to give it a try and booked a club room. it was very satisfactory for me withh all facilities that i can think of available in the room. the room was not that big but for me it was satisfactory. the room was very clean, All staff members were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a very good location, with a walking distance from Paddington and Lancaster gate stations as well as bus stations, i even had a walk a couple of times till Marble Arch which was abt 15 to 20 Minutes walk. I my self am planning to stay at the hotel again but in a club room as i dont know about the size of smaller rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We strive to maintain high level of service and we are glad when we receive such positive feedback that motivates us in our work.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.

Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was asked to book a client in the West London area and came across this hotel and thought it was great value for money. When I first made the booking I had a feeling things weren't going to go smoothly and I was right. I phoned up many times to double check the booking and either could get through to their central reservations as the phone rang and rang with no response. I ended up phoning the reception to confirm the booking and pay in full but my call was passed around from the hotel to central reservations, back to the hotel. I finally made the booking and a few days after requested an invoice/receipt of payment; I emailed the agent from the central reservations and got no reply. I phoned the hotel and got put through to reception, where the man gave me the email address of reception, I emailed him and was sent this: " You have send mail to wrong hotel" - it wasn't the wrong hotel, I had spoken to someone that gave me that email address and it wasn't helpful at all.

The next day I phoned up central reservations to once again ask for an invoice, the woman told me the booknig was a no show, that wasn't true, she then turned very rude on the phone and still has not sent the invoice through.

Do not book with this shoddy hotel. If the hotel itself is anything like its service I'd prefer to send my clients to a hostel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your booking and invoice.

We would request you to provide your details to our email address which is grm@paddingtoncourt.com and we will certainly investigate the matter in depth.

Once again we profusely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Awaiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Mihaela Carp
Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed in your hotel for a weekend in November 2012 and really enjoyed our stay. The Staff were very helpful when I needed to put my bag in storage at 11:30am (well before check-in).
We did have an issue with the TV but one of the porters was very helpful and managed to get it fixed in no time. We are based in the section across from the main entrance.
Would recommend it for anyone wanting a good place to stay and the surrounding area is fairly quiet. The Tube station (Paddington) is only a 5 minute walk. There are a good few restaurants around the area. We tried the Libanesse and would recommend it.

Room Tip: The room are a bit small but try to get a room not facing the street as it can become noisy from par...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last month and had a 50/50 view because of the mixed reviews.

Hotel does live up to Best Western quality, nice clean exterior building with a very modern bright entrance and lobby. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Rooms are very modern and clean with luxurious bathrooms. Nice little bar area in the room and very large flat screen TV.

Staff honoured all room requests which i was very happy with. However rooms are a little small, well i would class them as "Cosy" if you have a "Truckers Belly" i dont think you would cross the gap between the wall and end of the bed to go to the window, i got a narrow narrow room. But it was modern and well furnished so it was good for us.

Bed quality is perfect for a good nights sleep.

After a change of job i stay a lot in hotels in London and i would stay here again for a night but not a week.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02077451200.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

A lovely hotel with lots of character. Our room very small but intimate. Really Nice. Definitely stay there again next time in London. Breakfast excellent too, lots of choice. Good Service from all staff.

• Stayed November 2012
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Vinayak Girgune

Been to BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!