“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Paddington Court London

You added Shaftesbury Paddington Court London to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Paddington Court London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Devonshire Terrace | Paddington, London W2 3DP, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Shaftesbury Paddington Court London)   |
Ranked #513 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Genoa, Italy
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Shaftesbury hotel 2 nights and I have to say that I have been in a lot of hotels during my life, and this for me is the worst hotel I have ever slept into!
My room was situated underground but that was not the problem. The problems were many:
- The room was so small that you can't move yourself into: think that you couldn't get out the chair from the desk because there wasn't space!
- My room was abandoned alone at the end of a corridor in the middle of two other rooms: one used by bricklayers for preparing things and the other (the room closest to mine one) on renovations. So I couldn't sleep in the morning because there were works!
- The air conditioner was exactly perpendicular to my bed and I couldn't switch it off. So to avoid the neck blocked the next day I decided to put a pillow in front of it helped by the wardrobe that was exactly under the conditioner.
- this is veeery beautiful: there were ants in my little bathroom, yes maybe they were coming from the room under work for finding peace :)
- Last day I had to wake up early in the morning to get the flight. the tube was still closed and so I decided to ask to the receptionist to call me a taxi for the morning….. Be careful!! Maybe I didn't know that because it was the first time but they didn't call me a normal taxi, they called me a private one or something similar. He came in a biig mercedes old and squared like the old "mafiosi" cars.
and for 5 mints of trip I had to pay 35 euros!!! Ok I was in a business trip and I accepted to go with him but if not? If I was In a normal vacation?

anyway for every bullets above DON'T GO TO THE Shaftesbury HOTEL!!!! Big price, lousy hotel...

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London.

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02077451200.

Vinayak Girgune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

the rooms/building are in desperate need of restauration. i have chosen this hotel as it was in a convinient location for the purpose of my stay. the first room i was shown looked like a prison cell and was so small that i could not even put my suitcase on the floor. they changed the room but it was only a small improvement. the window did not properly close so it was rather cold in the room. also i have got to say that i was not really happy with the cleanliness of the room either. i would not return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The staff were great very attentive, polite and went out of their way to help. I am suprised about comments on the size of the rooms but surely you dont go to spend the whole of your time in your hotel room. I would recommend the hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court London in the future.
Please do not hesitate to email me on vinayak@shaftesburyhotels.com for future booking.

Kind Regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm not sure what part of the hotel the other reviewers stayed in but it certainly wasn't the same place we did!
Myself and my colleague booked to stay at the Shaftesbury on the 17th October for 1 night after returning from a businness trip abroad. We arrived late around 11pm, after having a long journey back to the UK all we wanted to do was get our heads down and after seeing the reviews and pictures this is what we had hoped for, however when we arrived to what looked like a lovely hotel this did not happen. Firstly we had problems checking in as the receptionist did not have our managers pre-auth payment form, even though I had rang 2 weeks previous to ensure they had done. After a lengthly wait we were able to check and were located a room on the '6th floor' we were instructed to go across the road from the hotel to another building, which they called building 6, and go downstairs to our room. Now I'm not sure what their interpretation of the "6th floor" is but mine certainly isn't to go downstairs! Anyway we went into our room, which can only be described as a basement/cellar, the room stank of urine and was freezing cold, we paid £177 for this room plus breakfast and for this price expected a lot more not a basement, smelly room!
I did contact reception and insist that we were moved, of which at first they were hesitant stating that no other rooms available, in the end they moved us to another building, which again wasn't in the main hotel, it was around the corner in another building. By all accounts this room was a lot better but I won't be staying again which is a real shame as I think the location is excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lauren,

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked a standard single room for £95 and was given a room measuring 14'6" x 13' which includes bathroom/toilet and cupboards (see pictures). There was no space to even walk around the bed and nowhere to put my suitcases other than on the bed. The toilet required a sideways manoeuvre to sit down to avoid the loo roll and I could not get into the shower cubicle because the opening was too narrow. The room was very noisy all night with shouting outside, re-stocking the bar with bottles and inside from the door banging with staff taking the side access immediately opposite my door.

Overall, this was a TERRIBLE hotel and be warned, DON'T GO THERE!

• Stayed October 2012
PaddingtonCourt, Manager at Shaftesbury Paddington Court London, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Unfortunately our standard rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and it’s design, however we do have larger doubles and studio suites available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you and we hope to have a welcoming back to you to our property in near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02077451200.

Best Regards,
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for three nights. I can say the staff are lovely. It is in a very good location, close to the underground and not too far if you like a stroll in the park. And if you're looking for a longer stroll, across the park and a bit further down, you can make your way to Harrods.
I definitely would recommend this hotel and I would also stay here on my return to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms, small but not suprisingly since it is London we talk about. Nice service, room was not made up when I got in but a comment to reception it was swiftly fixed and a free breakfast was included. Brilliant location close to Paddington station.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Kind Regards
Vinayak Girgune

Been to Shaftesbury Paddington Court London? Share your experiences!