“Best Value in London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge London Covent Garden

You added Travelodge London Covent Garden to your Saves list
Travelodge London Covent Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Drury Lane, London WC2B 5RE, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #443 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Birmingham U.K
“Best Value in London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spent a theatre weekend here back end of September for £50 a night for 2 B + B.Spent 3 days in central London without need of a bus or tube as everyting is within waslking distance.
Attended Commitments at the Palace and Once at the Pheonix both within 10 minutes.
National Gallery + British Museum also within ver short walks.
Reasonable rooms, crowded breakfasts but all in all a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed weekend from 4th October. After reading some reviews was very wary, but was very pleasantly surprised. Could find no fault at all. Even a nightcap in the bar was cheaper than the pub over the road . Very comfortable which made for a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2013
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Central location and split into two buildings.I booked 2 rooms over the weekend.One a standard double the a family room.Both were allocated in the large tower block building and both rooms were above the bar and reception.Rooms were basic but comfortable.A large coach party Of men, I believe on a stag party were also in the hotel and this is where our problems really started.The hotel staff allowed them to party in the bar all night. They were chanting ,shouting ,singing and banging glases in rhythm on the tables. I called the hotel reception at 3 30am to complain unfortunately the calls have to go through travel lodges main site as they do not have phones in the hotel rooms. My complaint was noted and he said he would have words with the reception staff but the noise continued.The following morning the same group of men were still drinking inside and outside the hotel, harassing passes bye, dropping their pants ,urinating in the street , things the police should have been called over. After their coach had picked most of them up we went down to check out.I again complained to the reception staff that we hardly had any sleep at all last night and the way they were acting outside the hotel was disgusting and someone should of said something.I was told my complaint would be passed to the manager and he would deal with it.few days later I received a 45 pound evoucher for the rooms that cost me £352. this also means I now have to go to another travelodge hotel to use the voucher. I complained on their website I was quite surprised with the reply I received
"Dear Mr,

I am sorry to hear of your continued dissatisfaction with the way in which your complaint has been resolved, and that you feel the financial compensation has not be adequate enough.

I can assure you that your stay with us was not representative of the usual high standards that we offer to our customers, and it is with deep regret that you do not feel as though you were offered this service during your stay.

We do hope that all of our customers get a good night sleep when staying with us. While we can not be held directly responsible for the actions of others, I do appreciate the frustrations caused. We try to keep large groups together and require our hotel night staff to regularly patrol the hotel to ensure the safety and security of our customers. They also request that customers respect reasonable noise levels.

In the event that you identify any problems or issues during your stay, we would encourage you to bring them to the attention of the hotel staff. We would expect them to rectify the situation and make your stay as comfortable as possible, so I apologise that the noise of another party was not ended immediately.

In this event, I can only offer what my colleague has given you. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and once again, apologise for the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion"

So basically they were saying tough that's all you're getting. Noise happens you have to put up with it. I quite agree that noise in the city centre hotel is something you have to put up with but this was beyond a little background noise this was like a football stadium and the staff were doing absolutely nothing about it.This without a doubt would not have been allowed in any other hotel I have stayed in. I have stayed in Magaluf and hotels would not allow noise like this. It totally ruined our stay and travelling home the following day on only a couple of hours sleep was not pleasant.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge London Covent Garden, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear ANDYuk07, we’re really sorry to hear about the disruption you experienced during your stay. As stated we do ask customers to be courteous to other guests during their stay and try to avoid larger groups from being allocated rooms together away from other guests to avoid disruption. Our hotel staff have been made aware of your feedback so that they can address these issues and we apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. We understand our hotel had requested for you to be fully compensated for the night you were disturbed by other guests.
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is in two parts, we've stayed in both! The section on Drury Lane is much quieter as there is only passing traffic rather than the major junction at the other part. Our room was on the 4th floor. We had an easy check-in and straight up to our room. It was pretty much what we expected. The room was clean, but small (you don't stay in London to sit in your room) we had everything we needed. There are tea/coffee making facilities and a very good t.v. The bathroom had a few minor niggles, like the shower curtain being too short which meant the floor got very wet after a shower! You may have to ask for extra towels (we did) they only seem to provide 1 bath sheet and 1 hand towel! All in all a very pleasant stay and we would use again. The location is superb if you want easy access to Covent Garden, which we did!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying in London and just want a basic cheap and cheerful hotel, then this is it. It is not 5 star, it is budget, but the room is clean and bathroom clean and is in a great location. Perfect if you are in London and are out and about all day and just want a base to crash at night

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wide awake and it's 3.30am. Business meeting first thing but after a night here I should cancel because I'll be fit for nothing. Room like a prison cell - pillows worst I have ever used. TV doesn't work and neither did 'in room wifi' Had to ring 0871 helpline twice to complain. ( At big expense) Wifi not free either. Costs £5 an hour. They fixed it - but too late for any use. This room is second 'best/worst' available. My office booked a double for single occupancy. When I arrived late after very tiring day and long train journey the room I had been allocated was 'UG213' .... 'UG for Underground'. Perfect as a bombproof bunker. It was a double room with a small window of block tiles - also an ideal prison cell. I complained and was transferred into this one. 5th floor. Description by receptionist said it all, "It's a single room with a double bed". TV on wall bracket opposite. But remote doesn't work so no need to trouble myself there. Pillows obviously designed by same company. Hard and dysfunctional. What a miserable experience this is. Perhaps it might not matter if I was too drunk to care - it's like a big YMCA without the frills. Get me outta here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Thirtyyearjourno, please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. We are very sorry that you were given a room where the remote control did not work, if it does not work then they should not be in the room or given to a customer. All customer feedback is invaluable to us and we will ensure that the hotel is made aware of the comments that you have made. We are also sorry to learn that you found our pillows to be uncomfortable, we have recently freshened up the whole hotel with a makeover and put a brand new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ pocket sprung king size bed and new pillows in every room.
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel was a 5 minute walk away from everywhere I was visiting so a great central location.

The staff in the reception were uninterested and cleared us away as quickly as possible. The bar staff were rude and up attentive to the point of taking my drink order and money then walking off without serving the drinks!

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and even with the window close there was a lot of noise. Outside and inside.

We were on the 11th floor in a room without a phone we had to walk down to the reception to request extra pillows to be told they would bring them to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Joanne T, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do expect our staff to offer a warm and friendly welcome to all of our guests so we are truly sorry that this did not happen during your stay. We will ensure that the hotel are made aware of the feedback that you have left so that staff can be reminded of the importance of proving a quality service to all guests. We have recently freshened up the hotel with a makeover and put a brand new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ pocket sprung king-sized bed in every room; we have received lots of great feedback from our guests however we understand our customers may have different preferences. We are also really sorry to learn that you found the hotel to be noisy. Unfortunately due to the central location of the hotel, we cannot always prevent external noise.

Been to Travelodge London Covent Garden? Share your experiences!