“Decent stay for pretty cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Blandford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Chiltern Street, London W1U 5AF, England   |
Ranked #365 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent stay for pretty cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here as a last minute scramble when I needed a two night accommodation. I stayed here with my brother who is studying abroad in London. We were on a budget and the price and location of this hotel can't be beat. I would definitely recommend staying here if those are your two biggest concerns. Make sure you don't get a room on the first floor, it is very loud. We tried to switch rooms the first night but there was nothing available, but they were able to move us the second night and it was fine on the third floor. The rooms are a bit smaller but normal by euro standards. The fixtures could use updating in the bathroom and maybe new carpets but these issues are not a huge deal if you are just looking for a decent room to sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room above the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Blandford Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. We naturally always do our best to meet with the guest expectations. We have a range of rooms here at the Blandford from standard to executive and they do vary in size and layout to cater to all types of stays.

I hope to welcome you back at the Blandford Hotel again.

Kind Regards,
Sam Yousf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stay in blandford hotel for a week
Friendly people . Specially sam and mohamed Clean rooms . Not a big room but well organised close to oxford street and very close to mareylbone station. Every thing is great .

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of The Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose The Blandford for your trip to London and happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay, our convenient location and highly rated customer service.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Manager
Durham, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here with my mom while she was visiting me when I was studying abroad at Regent's College which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel was great and our room was great! Very clean and great service! The location is also great since it is a 2 minute walk from Baker Street Station! Overall, great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Emily,

Thank you for your review and we are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the Blandford Hotel.

Or aim is to provide clean, affordable accommodation combined with our great location and customer service. I am happy to read that we seem to have delivered on all these areas.

We do hope that we can welcome you in our hotel in the future again.

Best regards,
Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After having lived in London for nearly 4 years, when I returned for a mini-holiday recently, I knew the exact area where I wanted to stay. The Blandford is such a gem of a hotel! Although the room was tiny, it was clean. Sam, the manager, and the staff were very friendly each time we passed the front desk. Breakfast was an extra bonus. Excellent location as Baker Street tube is very close. If I am lucky enough to return to my favorite city each year, I will plan to book The Blandford Hotel. Fantastic value for money in such an expensive city! Thanks Blandford for making another trip to London so wonderful! S. Lane, Chicago

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for such a delightful review of The Blandford Hotel.

I am more than happy that you chose The Blandford for your trip to London. I will pass your kind words on my team - it's important to let them know, that they did a great job. Also thank you for commenting on the cleaningness of the room, our housekeeping team is often recognised for delivering a great service.

We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having had the usual experiences of hotels in London, I didn't expect much from this hotel. However, when I arrived, I was most pleasantly surprised! It's conveniently located close to Baker St tube station, rooms are nice and clean, and the staff is friendly and service minded. The small hiccup with the (3rd party) hotel reservation site I had prior to arrival, was dealt with very efficient as well. I will most certainly return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of The Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose The Blandford for your trip to London and am happy to read that my team took such good care of you during your stay. Also thank you for commenting on the cleaningness of the room, our housekeeping team is often recognised for delivering a great service.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I just stayed here last week while visiting my daughter who is studying abroad in London. The staff was wonderful.They knew who we were every time we came in and were very friendly each time we came and went from the hotel. The room was tiny, but clean and the location was perfect for us. The breakfast could have used some more variety but it was enough to hold us over for the morning. The Baker Street tube station is right around the corner. There is plenty of shopping near by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I’d like to thank you for such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Blandford hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially, that as you have mentioned, you are a returning guest. I am happy, that you have highlighted that our rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable and that we are able to maintain these good standards and keep meeting with your requirements.

Thank you very much for choosing us again and we are looking forward to welcome you soon!

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed 2 nights and I was really happy with the accommodation.
Staff was friendly and helpful, location was fabulous, room was single, small but sufficient. Breakfast finishes at 9.30,too early for me.All clean, bathroom has a shower cabin with the shower head attached to the wall so if you want to avoid wetting your hair bring the shower cap! Wi-fi isn't free unfortunately although you do get a complimentary hour.Telephone in my room wasn't working properly,couldn't hear the receptionist, so that should be fixed(room 17).Don't let this put you off though, I am definitely going to be back and would recommend it as its really reasonable for London prices, clean and convenient!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, even more so reading that you would visit us again. I am happy, that you have highlighted that our rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable. Thank you for letting us know that the phone wasn't working properly - so that we could have fixed the problem.

Now we look forward to welcome you back at the Blandford Hotel.

Kind regards,
Sam Yousf

Been to Blandford Hotel? Share your experiences!