The location of this hotel is quite convenient and although on a busy road it was quite quiet and there are some nice places to explore nearby. The tube station is a short walk away and it's easy to get a taxi outside if needed.
The public areas of the hotel are pleasant, if a bit lacking in atmosphere. The presence of the burly man on the door made the prospect of a quiet drink in the bar by myself quite intimidating (even though he was perfectly polite). I retreated to the lounge area instead, which was virtually empty for most of the evening.
The bedroom was a decent size, the view was quite old fashioned Londoney and what you might expect. The air conditioning was a bit noisy.
My main issue though was the appallingly badly designed bathroom. It was crammed into a tiny space, I struggled to find anywhere to put my towel and the shower was very old fashioned. Worst of all though were the horrible see through bathroom sliding doors allowing NO privacy whatsoever. If you have to go at night and you put the light on, you're illuminated in all your glory - ta dah! I found this a very off putting feature and this would discourage me from returning, particularly if I would be sharing a room with friends rather than family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Regency-style Hotel situated 200 yards from Baker Street tube station & convenient to West End. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, LondonMarketing.com, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London England