“Fantastic Stay in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Piccadilly

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Piccadilly to your Saves list
Le Meridien Piccadilly
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Piccadilly, London W1J 0BH, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Price
Save 20%, rates from £215
Ranked #458 of 1,075 hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at Le Meridien Piccadilly for 4 days and had a wonderful time. We took a redeye flight from New York that arrived at 7:30am and when we arrived at the hotel we had a room available at 9am to store our luggage, which was much appreciated since check-in is usually at 3pm. We got our second room about an hour or so later and were very happy that they were able to accommodate us early.

We took the Tube from Heathrow and the Piccadilly Circus station was only a few footsteps from the hotel, which was great. We loved the centralized location of the hotel and while the hotel is so close to Piccadilly Circus we never had a problem with noise. I'm a fan of big cities and people-watching and it was great being so close to both Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square without feeling overwhelmed by any of the crowds.

Our two rooms were on the 6th floor, with one overlooking Regent Street and the other looking into a quiet courtyard. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and the amenities were also very nice. We have stayed at a few historic hotels in Europe and my wife was nervous that the hotel would feel old but it wasn't the case at all - she was very happy with the classic architecture and design and how they meshed very well with the modernizations and renovations over time.

We had a delicious breakfast at The Terrace restaurant on the 2nd floor and we loved the glass ceiling and the atmosphere in the room. The service was impeccable as I wish I could remember our waiter's name as he did a fine job. The food was as good as the service as well.

We really enjoyed coming back to our hotel rooms every night with turn down service and chocolates waiting for us on our pillows. I had sent an email to Le Meridien about how my wife and I were taking her parents to London and the hotel made it incredibly special for them as they brought champagne and berries to their room on our first night there. How very thoughtful!

We did a lot of sightseeing on this trip and found the location of the hotel to be very centralized. We could walk so many places - Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and of course Piccadilly Circus. We took a hop-on hop-off bus through the Original Tour to see the sights a bit further away (Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Tate Modern Museum, etc.) and it was easily accessible from our location at Piccadilly.

I cannot say enough about the hospitality and class of this hotel and we will definitely be staying here the next time we visit London. We loved this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear MichaelRinck

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your kind comments on the TripAdvisor website.

We were delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the Hotel’s enviable location within the heart of London which allows easy movement around the Capital City.

Indeed our design blends the classical elements of the building with a contemporary feel, during the recent refurbishment our aim was to combine a contemporary design with the beautiful features of a building from the Georgian period. We believe that we managed to achieve a look and feel that would appeal to all generations. The Terrace Grill and Bar, with its glass domed roof, is indeed a wonderful space for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as an excellent choice at tea time.

It is very rewarding to learn that you appreciated the Hotel’s amenities as well as the service provided by our associates who are a great asset to the Hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

1,391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Greek first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent just 1 night in a standard inward facing room - no you don't get a view but it was quiet. The staff are all very attentive. Best buffet breakfast I think we have ever encountered, especially the scrambled eggs on smoked salmon. The Terrace Bar is a great, very modern bar overlooking Piccadilly and you can sit outside if you wish though you get a bit forgotten by the staff if you're outside. The wine list is very well priced for a central London hotel. The hotel is in a wonderful position - many attractions are easily reached on foot and we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MCambridge

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your favourable comments on TripAdvisor.

It was marvellous to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the Hotel’s perfect location for walking to a variety of London’s major attractions, the fashionable Bond Street and Mayfair and theatres.

It was also very pleasing to hear that you liked the modern contemporary feel which was achieved during the recent renovation of the Terrace Grill and Bar. We are sorry that you felt a little neglected by the waiting staff and I have shared you comment with our Food and Beverage Service Manager.

It was hugely encouraging that you appreciated the courteous and helpful service delivered by all of our associates.

Once more, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my third stay at this property and will be my choice for the next time. Our family room was perfect and large enough for 4 exploding suitcases. I would chose the concierge level again just to have access to breakfast - we couldn't make it back for any of the other services. Love the location to Regent Street, Bond Street, the Piccadilly tube station, Buckingham and many other attractions. Cecelia at check in was precious and very helpful with many of my requests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had the good fortune to get a reservation at Le Meridien Piccadilly during the second week of the London 2012 Olympics. I was thrilled to be able to get a room here as I had stayed here twice before and had wonderful rooms, service, and overall good experiences during those stays. But upon arrival for this trip, it didn't go as well. After our very long flight from the U.S. West Coast, we arrived at the appointed time in the late afternoon, but our room wasn't ready. The nice person at reception took my mobile number and assured us he would call me when the room was ready. He did not.

After several ours of roaming about the West End in our overly exhausted state, we finally just decided to go back and see if the room might be ready. I went back to the same person. The room was ready. He didn't seem to remember me or that he offered to phone me.

I was at first pleased to see that the room was on the ninth (top) floor of the hotel. I imagined views and high ceilings. Incorrect. What we got instead was a very small room with views of mechanical equipment on the roof and a ceiling so low that standing on my tip-toes was enough to press my head flat against the ceiling. The bed was small and not at all comfortable for someone six feet tall. This was certainly not the "Platinum Upgrade" I would have expected.

On the whole, this is a lovely hotel with a polite staff and I know from past experience that it does have nice rooms elsewhere in the building. But if I choose to stay here again and am offered a room on the 9th floor, I shall decline. And so should you.

Special thanks and kudos to George the concierge who knows everything that there is to know about London.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear SoftwareCEO

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your resent stay with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am truly sorry that Front Office Agent failed to contact you to advise you of that the room was ready for your check in as had been arranged. Room views, sizes and layout vary throughout the hotel with some rooms offering a view, some others with limited views but which are quieter as they do not face a street.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in London and that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. I can assure you that we all at Le Méridien Piccadilly and at Starwood share a great passion for our wonderful industry, I hope that the friendly and courteous service extended to you by our staff went some way to show this.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next visit to London.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Looking at Le Meridien Piccadilly from the outside, you might get the idea that it is a somewhat older, bombastic hotel. But, once you get through the revolving door, you step into a completely different hotel! The reception is very modern and minimalistic (note the "clocks" behind the check-in desk). The elevators are high tech with TV-screen and music (don't forget to insert you card key before pressing the requested floor...).
The deluxe rooms are very spacious and come with 2 bright red comfy chairs, besides a working desk, satellite-TV and in our case twin beds (as requested). It was great to discover that there where 2 sets of amenities in the bathroom! The breakfast is served in the Terrace restaurant, where you can also sit outside (weather permitting) and it is finger licking delicious!
The staff makes you feel right at home and nothing is too much. Everything is done with a genuine smile, you never have the feeling that you're just "another customer" (which is much appreciated!).

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in room 329, which was perfect for 2 ladies on a shopping spree. It was spaci...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Manouelle44

It was marvellous to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the Hotel’s perfect location within the heart of London and with its easy access for shopping.

It was hugely encouraging to read that you liked the modern contemporary feel which was achieved during the recently refurbishment, that you appreciated the comfort of your room and the helpful service provided by all of our associates, I have shared your comments with them.
Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was in London for the occasion of attending my son's MBA graduation - we were seven in all and have managed through my SPG membership card to obtain rooms on the executive or club floor which was a very good deal - for starters you have access to the hotel's club-lounge where breakfast is served and late afternoon tea-time service available at no extra cost, including of course some succulent hors-d'oeuvres (try the spring rolls) along with a variety of spirits and wines - evetually its was very convenient to have a cocktail prior to our dinners. the hotels location is second to none really - very central - the rooms are nicely furnished and the hotel's reception staff as well as the concierge are extremely helpful. this is my fourth stay in this hotel which is reasonably priced. I would go back again next sping...

Room Tip: try to upgrade to the Club rooms - it is worthwhile..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear TalaH

Thank you for posting your review on the TripAdvisor Website following your stay with us in August 2012.

I was delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the well appointed Club rooms as well as the great value offers in our Club Lounge. It is always wonderful to hear of that the Associates delivered a professional and helpful service.

The location of the hotel is indeed perfect for exploring London. Most major sights, theatres and shopping areas are within a short walking distance of Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is overall a nice hotel with a location which is very convenient to everything in Central London. All of the Whitehall Government offices, many of the famous museums and the busy and diverse neighborhoods of Soho, The West End, Mayfair and the shopping districts of Picadilly and Regent Street are at your door.
Service is however a bit spotty. It required a daily call to the concierge--sometimes more than once--to ensure that my room was serviced before late afternoon or early evening. Also, the concierge dropped the ball on a supper reservation that I had asked them to make and that the concierge confirmed would be taken care of. The reservation was never made, making for rather a lot of inconvenient scrambling on the night in question.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear David B,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and its unbeatable location. Please accept my apologies however for the shortcoming in service you experienced. Rooms should of course be serviced much earlier than that, I am very sorry that we did not manage to do this on this occasion.

Please also accept my apologies for the issue experienced with your restaurant reservation - I would very much appreciate if you could contact me with more details so that I can follow up with our Concierge team.

I sincerely hope that these incidents will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly for your next visit to London. Please make your booking directly through my office so that I may assure you of my personal assistance.

Best regards,

Oscar del Campo

Been to Le Meridien Piccadilly? Share your experiences!