We stayed at Le Meridien Piccadilly for 4 days and had a wonderful time. We took a redeye flight from New York that arrived at 7:30am and when we arrived at the hotel we had a room available at 9am to store our luggage, which was much appreciated since check-in is usually at 3pm. We got our second room about an hour or so later and were very happy that they were able to accommodate us early.
We took the Tube from Heathrow and the Piccadilly Circus station was only a few footsteps from the hotel, which was great. We loved the centralized location of the hotel and while the hotel is so close to Piccadilly Circus we never had a problem with noise. I'm a fan of big cities and people-watching and it was great being so close to both Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square without feeling overwhelmed by any of the crowds.
Our two rooms were on the 6th floor, with one overlooking Regent Street and the other looking into a quiet courtyard. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and the amenities were also very nice. We have stayed at a few historic hotels in Europe and my wife was nervous that the hotel would feel old but it wasn't the case at all - she was very happy with the classic architecture and design and how they meshed very well with the modernizations and renovations over time.
We had a delicious breakfast at The Terrace restaurant on the 2nd floor and we loved the glass ceiling and the atmosphere in the room. The service was impeccable as I wish I could remember our waiter's name as he did a fine job. The food was as good as the service as well.
We really enjoyed coming back to our hotel rooms every night with turn down service and chocolates waiting for us on our pillows. I had sent an email to Le Meridien about how my wife and I were taking her parents to London and the hotel made it incredibly special for them as they brought champagne and berries to their room on our first night there. How very thoughtful!
We did a lot of sightseeing on this trip and found the location of the hotel to be very centralized. We could walk so many places - Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and of course Piccadilly Circus. We took a hop-on hop-off bus through the Original Tour to see the sights a bit further away (Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Tate Modern Museum, etc.) and it was easily accessible from our location at Piccadilly.
I cannot say enough about the hospitality and class of this hotel and we will definitely be staying here the next time we visit London. We loved this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Piccadilly is set in the heart of the West End one of London’s most fashionable destination, and only moments away from London’s cultural attractions, including Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. The hotel features many amenities including meeting facilities and banqueting suites, the Piccadilly Health Club and one of London’s largest indoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London
- Le Meridien Hotel London
- Le Meridien London
- London Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Piccadilly London, England