“Excellent central hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #440 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Isle of Man
“Excellent central hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed three nights for Covent garden shows etc. Nice room with twin beds, huge bathroom and plenty of space. Very quiet. Good service, nice bar and excellent restaurant. Everything one would expect of such a class of hotel. A little disappointed that there was no turn down service and that wifi was an additional cost of £15 per day. Many hotels, even the premier inn, and most cafes now have free wifi
I only wanted 30 mins so popped next door for a coffee and free wifi

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay.
Please note that the WiFi is complementary on all common areas such as lobby and restaurant, or if you are a Diamond or Gold member of Hilton Honors you also get complementary Internet access.
I hope to have another chance to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton.

Nader Neishabouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Greek first
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

On our arrival there was a huge wedding taking place which had over flowed into the lobby and all the public space!! We were late arriving(around 6:30) and tried to call the hotel to let them know but no one answered the phone?? We were told the room was not quite ready??!! The front desk person advised us to have a drink in the bar and gave us a coupon to do so but there were no tables. After travelling all day, we simply stood waiting in the lobby for 10-15 minutes beside our bags!! We had a dinner date in the restaurant with friends and were worried about having time to shower and change. We finally got the room, which was spacious with a great bathroom as you would expect for 290 pounds a night-about $400. In the restaurant the service was appalling. It took 30 minutes to get 4 martinis-they came back 3 times to ask questions on these??!! Then the waiter poured water into my wine glass and took it away awkwardly-never replacing the wine but getting more water. No manager in sight to deal with the crowds in the lobby or problems in the restaurant!!

Room Tip: breakfast was included on the executive floor we were on and it was very nice
Dear valued guest,

I am saddened to read your review, please accept my apologies for shortfall in the service especially in the restaurant. Rest assured that I will pass your concerns to our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate remedial actions.
I would like to discuss this matter with you in further details, can you please contact me directly on 0207 836 2400 to discuss your experience in details.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked in here as part of an early supper pre-theatre deal. We started with drinks in the bar - well you just have to really don't you.... even at £13 per Pimms! Very popular bar, good atmosphere. Although the food was good, service at supper was slow, resulting in a lack of coffee to complete the meal, and a dash for the theatre. Still a welcome treat, just be prepared to run for it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

I am saddened to read your review, please accept my apologies for the slow service. Although I am happy to see you have enjoyed your time with us despite the delay in the service.
We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Simpsonville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Location is all this hotel has going for it. I used Hilton points and originally received an "upgrade" due to my diamond status. The room was so small I would hate to see what wasn't an upgrade. I then paid for a bigger room and had to haggle with the desk because they were not going to honor the price that Hilton had emailed me for a suite, basically calling me a liar until I found the email on my phone. Then we had a room where the furnishings and decor could not have been more recent than 1975. Shabby and dreary but at least bigger. We then had a TV that didn't work and had to call multiple time times to get it fixed. If we were paying the standard rate for this room i would have left the next day. The location was great, the housekeeping was inconsistent and some of the staff in the lounge were very good. This property had no quality that rated 4 or 5 star. No service that stood out. No employee that went out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. I would put it on par with a Hilton Garden or Hampton Inn, not a high end property at all.

Dear valued guest,

I am saddened to read your review, please note that we have upgraded you initially to one of our newly refurbished rooms but as the room wasn’t up to your expectations you decided to upgrade it further to one of our classic style King Executive rooms.
Also the upgrade charge that was offered prior to your arrival are not available during check in however we have honour that rate as a gesture of apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the room moves.
I do hope that this unfortunate incident does not prevent you from staying with us in the near future, please contact me directly when you are planning to visit us.

Riyadhs, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had to stay in the hotel since the conference I was attending was in the Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful as much as possible. Was not asked if I would like to be part of their loyalty programme. Room a little bit small although I did not book the standard size.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ben D, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Ghadah M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Waldorf Hilton on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your kind words regarding our reception team. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location allowed you to have a great time in London. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Ben Deane
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very good location if you're there for the touristy things, theatre etc. I had room 340 facing Aldwych (executive plus) which was clean and spacious. Room was a bit warm at times even with the aircon on, you can't open the windows more than about 2cm so getting fresh air is not much of an option. Exec lounge is pretty good, I only had breakfast twice and the selection was fine. Wasn't at the hotel in the early evening when I believe they serve appetizers and wine etc.. Used the gym downstairs which is the LA Fitness brand so not managed by the hotel but guests have free access. For a 'hotel gym' it was better than most I've used but make sure you take a bottle of water with you with water in it, there's no water fountain in the gym (at least I couldn't find one) unless you want to keep going back to the changing rooms. The gym does get busy in the mornings before 9am and a bit stuffy/warm. Check in/out was efficient and front desk staff polite. I'm a Diamond member and requested a late checkout for 4pm. Hotel allowed until 3:30pm with an extra charge which is generally fine if you're on business, perhaps not if you're on vacation. Overall good stay, I'd return and can recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ben D, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Danielmax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Ben Deane
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ok, there WAS a large function on at the hotel, which meant that we weren't given the upgrade we normally get or access to the executive lounge, but notwithstanding that, our room was very small, even by European standards. Several items had to be requested from housekeeping (tea bags, shower gel, batteries for the TV remote). The bed was VERY small and did actually cause issues with sleeping. The room we had would have been ideal for someone on their own, not a couple.
We always try to use Hilton as the standard is generally high (we currently have 3 pending reservations) and we get treated very well usually, but this visit was just ordinary, nothing special.
It won't stop us from visiting again, we were just disappointed on this occasion

Dear valued guest,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused whilst staying with us, our aim is to always upgrade our Diamond and Gold members when the hotel occupancy allows us.
I hope to have chance to welcome you back in the future and hopefully to restore your faith in our hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!