“Convenient, and excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #416 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riyadhs, Saudi Arabia
“Convenient, and excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had to stay in the hotel since the conference I was attending was in the Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful as much as possible. Was not asked if I would like to be part of their loyalty programme. Room a little bit small although I did not book the standard size.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Ben D, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Ghadah M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Waldorf Hilton on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your kind words regarding our reception team. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location allowed you to have a great time in London. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Ben Deane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Greek first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very good location if you're there for the touristy things, theatre etc. I had room 340 facing Aldwych (executive plus) which was clean and spacious. Room was a bit warm at times even with the aircon on, you can't open the windows more than about 2cm so getting fresh air is not much of an option. Exec lounge is pretty good, I only had breakfast twice and the selection was fine. Wasn't at the hotel in the early evening when I believe they serve appetizers and wine etc.. Used the gym downstairs which is the LA Fitness brand so not managed by the hotel but guests have free access. For a 'hotel gym' it was better than most I've used but make sure you take a bottle of water with you with water in it, there's no water fountain in the gym (at least I couldn't find one) unless you want to keep going back to the changing rooms. The gym does get busy in the mornings before 9am and a bit stuffy/warm. Check in/out was efficient and front desk staff polite. I'm a Diamond member and requested a late checkout for 4pm. Hotel allowed until 3:30pm with an extra charge which is generally fine if you're on business, perhaps not if you're on vacation. Overall good stay, I'd return and can recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ben D, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Danielmax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Ben Deane
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ok, there WAS a large function on at the hotel, which meant that we weren't given the upgrade we normally get or access to the executive lounge, but notwithstanding that, our room was very small, even by European standards. Several items had to be requested from housekeeping (tea bags, shower gel, batteries for the TV remote). The bed was VERY small and did actually cause issues with sleeping. The room we had would have been ideal for someone on their own, not a couple.
We always try to use Hilton as the standard is generally high (we currently have 3 pending reservations) and we get treated very well usually, but this visit was just ordinary, nothing special.
It won't stop us from visiting again, we were just disappointed on this occasion

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused whilst staying with us, our aim is to always upgrade our Diamond and Gold members when the hotel occupancy allows us.
I hope to have chance to welcome you back in the future and hopefully to restore your faith in our hotel.

Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Concur with review from room 236, room was very poor for a so called 5* hotel , sink tap leaked (did report that) , flush the loo and it sounded like plumbing was about to wreck the room , grouting/mastic around sink was peeling/gone, very poor. View was dismal , looked like a view from a prison camp. Couldn't even get breakfast in the morning (Monday 23rd September , 09:20) unless you were willing to queue 40-45 minutes. I have never in all my years of staying in hotels have ever had to queue for breakfast, ended up going to a local restaurant that served breakfast. For a one night stay which was a surprise present from my wife I must say I was extremely disappointed and would not recommend this hotel. I did feel that as we had booked via Eastons Travel that we were given the 'poor' end of the stick and were not given the quality room that you would have expected.

I will be ensuring Eastons Travel are made aware of my experience and that in no way does it reflect on Eastons. This was entirely a poor experience from the hotel.and not Eastons.

I would like to add that all staff were very polite and courteous however overall I very poor experience , one which I will doubt forget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am saddened to read you review about your recent stay with us at the Waldorf Hilton.
Please accept my sincere apologies or the shortfall in the service and lack of attention to details in your room. I wish you would have voiced your concern while staying with us as we could have offered you an alternative room in order to rectify the issue there and then.
I would like to discuss this matter with you personally and I would like to ask you kindly to contact me on 0207 836 2400 so we can discuss your experience in details.

Kingston upon Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay, near lots of touristy places, on the doorstep of Theatre Land and Covent Garden which on weekends is vibrant both day and night with shops, restaurants, cafes and live music. The room we had was very nice and we thought very good value for money.. staff pleasant and when they knew it was a special birthday I was sent chocolates and wine. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay and I hope you have had a enjoyable birthday.
Here at the Waldorf Hilton we believe in personalized service and we all strive to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our valuable guests.
I am pleased that you will come back to the Waldorf and we are looking forward to have you with us in the near future.

somerset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Amazing hotel, however the changing facilities to the pool were dreadful, they smelt so bad of urine it made you feel sick and the ceiling tiles were stained yellowy brown. However I don't think the pool facilities belonged to the hotel even though they were under the same roof.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay, referring to your comments about the cleanliness of the LA fitness facility.
As you have rightfully mentioned they are part of the Waldorf Hilton as they are managed separately however I will pass your concern to the management in order to improve the cleanliness of the swimming pool area.
I hope this issue does not prevent you from staying with us in the near future and please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the Waldorf Hilton team for this issue.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary here. It was lovely - especially the raspberry bellinis. Our room was in the attic, and a bit dark, but the bed was spectacularly comfy. The doorman seemed to be on duty for our entire 36 hour stay, and was endlessly helpful.

Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay.
I hope you enjoyed your wedding anniversary and left us with nothing but good memmories.
We are looking forward to have you with us in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!