“great base” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

Save Saved
You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £196
Ranked #364 of 1,075 hotels in London
uk
“great base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and i was very impressed.The room was perfect and the staff were very friendly and courteous.The positioning and price tariff for this hotel makes it a bargain.Did not eat here so cannot comment .Will return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with other travellers on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to learn to see your feedback and I will happily share your feedback with my entire team at the Waldorf who are dedicated to deliver exceptional service on daily basis.

1,541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Greek first
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was average in terms of room and service quality but there was a sense of friendliness. The location was in the heart of Covent Garden which was great for everything: theater, shopping, and dining. I don't think I would stay here with my family, but the next time I come to London, either for another College of Surgeons activity, or for a theater/opera performance, I know that Waldorf Hilton is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with however on the hand you have mentioned about our room service not meeting your expectations, I would like to apologise for that and I wish you would have voiced your concerns during your stay so we could have rectify the issue there and then.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us again so I can personally look after you.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel's location in Covent Garden is it's distinct advantage followed closely (for me) by the fact that it has access to an excellent gym. The room was comfortable, spacious and well maintained and the staff are friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was fine, not exceptional, and drinks in the bar which does get very crowded especially pre-theatre and it isn't very big to start with. All in all it was a pleasant surprise and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a busy location so ask for a room higher up for more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to learn about your stay and the fact that you have enjoyed the facilities especially the Gym.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the neat future.

Wirral, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here midweek in January for two lovely nights.

The hotel is in a brilliant location in the heart of theatre land. It is very grand from the outside and as you walk in, you get a real feeling of the building's history and can imagine it in its roaring twenties heyday!

We were in an executive room which was a good size, especially for London, with all the amenities you would expect. I didn't use the pool etc, but had a sneaky look and if I'd had more time, I definitely would have.

We used Hilton points for our stay and had the use of the Executive Lounge. This was amazing! Full breakfast in the morning, afternoon tea, and drinks and canapés in the evening - it is worth upgrading to executive just for this, it will save you a fortune in London.

The best thing about this hotel though was the staff. Everyone from the doorman to the executive room staff to the cleaner were so friendly, helpful and courteous. It makes such a change to visit a large chain hotel, especially in a big city, and experience such excellent service. I would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy to see your feedback, we are all striving on daily basis to exceed our guests expectations and make their journey memorable.
I hope to see you in the near future.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I took my friend here for afternoon tea as a birthday treat. We got a good deal - 2 for the price of one via TravelZoo.
The dining room was rather grand and large with huge ceiling. The tea began with a glass of fizz and then proceed onto tea with sandwiches, scones and cakes served on a cake stand to the table. I was starving but was in the end could not finish the cakes! We were able to stay sitting chatting and eating until we were kicked out at 6pm!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.
I will gladly share this with my food and beverage team who will appreciate it.

Yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very disappointing, very small room, cold made even worse by tiled floors
View not very nice!
Hotel being refurbished very strong paint smell everywhere
Metal cups in room - is this an institution?
Will never stay here again, definitely living on past reputation

• Stayed February 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am stunned to see your comments; we are in process of updating our rooms as we think we should maintain our reputation and try to be ahead of our competitors. We have 10 different room categories and I am sure if you stay in of the newly refurbished rooms you will change your perception about us.

Lytham UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here booked by my partner for 2 nights for a birthday treat. I was absolutely thrilled to be going to the Waldorf. And whilst we had had a fabulous time here I'd say that was due to the hotels location rather then the hotel itself. Little things let it down. I found a layer of dust in the wardrobe which I marked clearly for the cleaner to see but she ignored it and dust along the skirting boards and edges of the carpet. Bathroom is beautiful but the heated towel rail didn't work. On the plus side the bed was really comfortable and we slept perfectly. The hotel is great but not the grand experience I had expected from the Waldorf and so I wouldn't come back. Definitely more Hilton than Waldorf so that's where you need to set your expectations. However the location is pretty perfect.

• Stayed February 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry if we didn’t live up to your expectations, However I would like to clarify that we are indeed a Hilton and not a Waldorf Astoria hotel. This is very common because of the name but we are proud to be one of the iconic Hilton Hotels in London.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!