“Excellent location, personal service, lovely accommodations in the heart of London.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #441 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The location of the Waldorf Hilton puts you within walking distance to Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, the British Museum, with lots of great shopping along side streets. We were thrilled with how accessible everything was around the hotel. The staff was very friendly and took good care of us with great attitude and lots of smiles. The gym downstairs has pretty much everything you'd want, as well.

Room Tip: Our room facing the inner courtyard was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Susan,
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.
We are very pleased to hear that our team members impressed you by providing excellent customer service. I will definitely share your kind comments with the management so they could be rewarded for their excellent customer service.
We hope to see you back again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice Romantic hotel round the corner from the main covent garden square (well we went the other way because the HOTEL STAFF told us the wrong way so instead of it taking 5 minutes took us 25 as we went in opposite direction to get to the main central area they need to train staff in directions definately. But always staff around for assistance with anything. Valet staff on hand however when we went second weekend of november they were too busy to valet ours.

This is a lovely romantic hotel clean rooms however slightly small for my liking but nice bathroom creams and extras in room all teas hot chocolate etc available everyday.

THE PROBLEM
reason for average rating...
After a night out on the town we were hoping to sleep in however there was a loud banging and work was going on as early as 8am on sat!!! This ceased after a call to management but the damage had been done!

Romantic nice hotel especially if your impressing your other half unfortunately for me my other half took me there but wasnt romantic in the least :'(((

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.

We apologise for the shortfalls in service you experienced and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. I strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our Front of House management team is taking immediate actions following your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton hotel in the near future and in the mean time if I can be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Aldershot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is immaculate. Staff is helpful and friendly, rooms are beautiful and well kept and the location could not have been any better.
The only strange thing was having mainland european sockets in the room. Being a UK resident going to a hotel in London I did not expect to need adapters to plug our phone chargers!!! We ended up finding the sockets for the desk lamp and the kettle were UK standard so we had to remove both. Not a major problem but a bit annoying in today's gadget world.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share such lovely comments about our hotel.
We hope to see you back again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I could ensure newly refurbished room is allocated for you.
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here on New Year's Eve, for one night in an executive room, the room it's self is very spacious, clean and modern.
The location is perfect for the West End and Covent Garden. If you like walking it only took us 15 minutes to walk to the London Eye and Embankment area as well.
The hotel breakfast was buffet style with everything you could possibly want, from cereal to full English, salmon to fruit, there really is something for everyone.
As we stayed in an executive room, we got access to the lounge which was great, it's a small quiet room, which has a selection of newspapers and complimentary soft drinks during the day. At night there are complimentary alcoholic beverages from 6-830 which is perfect for a drink to start if the evening. Nibbles are also served which put us on until we reached our restaurant.

All the staff were extremely friendly, polite and welcoming aiding us with any queues or issues we had.

I would definitely recommend his hotel for a short stay when Visiting the west end, book early to get the best rates :)

Room Tip: book an executive room, to gain access to the lounge, a few evening drinks and nibbles easily covers...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizzy,
Thank you for taking time to share your detailed experience with other travellers following your recent stay with us.
We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. All of us here at the Waldorf strive to provide excellent service and to exceed our guests’ expectations. Your comments will help us to grow and improve.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed in the hotel last weekend and was thoroughly impressed.

Check in was very swift, friendly and professional. My suite was beautifully presented and immaculately clean.

I had dinner in Homage restaurant and drinks in Good Godfrey bar. The service in both was superb and the food very impressive.

I feel a little picky to point it out but there were no power sockets in my bedroom at all and only two (of UK standard) in the whole suite. I therefore could not charge my phone near my bed overnight and was not able to use my various gadgets. I'm sure this would not bother all guests but I must say it would influence me in deciding whether to return.

That aside, a great hotel, fabulous location, first class service and a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share such lovely comments about our hotel.
We are very pleased to hear that our team members impressed you by providing excellent customer service and that you enjoyed your time with us.
Regarding additional sockets in your room, I am pleased to advise we are installing more sockets in our new rooms following comments from our guests. I hope you will find it more comfortable during your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hilton is reknown for his comfortable hotels and nice-to-sta-in rooms.
I had the opportunity to stay in one of the 'classic rooms', free of charge, because of the HH program. I have to admit that I always have a certain feeling of suspicion when it comes to 'free of charge' but this time my suspicion was not correct.
The only remark I could make was the fact that, although in the streets you couldn't ignore the christmas spirit that on the inside you hardly noticed the difference between christmas and another period of the year

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.
All of us here at the Waldorf Hilton take great pride in making our guests feel special and welcomed. Please rest assured we shared your comments regarding Christmas atmosphere within the hotel with our management team in order to improve for the next festive season.
I hope that you will visit us in a near future and that I would be able to personally welcome you back.
In the meantime please contact me if I can be of any future assistance.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Really liked the Hilton Waldorf Astoria! Great location, friendly staff and comfy rooms!

Check in was speedy, the porters and door staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 5th floor and view was of internal courtyard, which wasn't much to look at, but then again, didn't really need to! Room was lovely, big and comfy and loads of room for luggage/clothes, as well as a safe, iron and ironing board and coffee/tea facilities in the room. No ventilation in the bathroom which wasn't a major issue, but if we stayed for longer could see it need mopping up constantly. Taps were a bit fiddly though to find the right temperature of hot water, but got there in the end. Towels and toiletries very nice.

Smart tv flat screen in the room and room for a desk and chair as well to work on if needed. Room also had an a/c unit which doubled up as a heater and worked fine.

Plenty of lighting around the room and in the bathroom there was a light up vanity mirror which was handy.

Breakfast was the usual Hilton affair, loads off choices and eat as much as you like! Coffee was ordered via the waiter and the only disappointment throughout the whole stay was that the coffee did not taste nice! Other than that, cannot fault the hotel at all and really enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend to anyone.

However, to note that it is very expensive and I'm sure if you shop around you can find better deals, but if you are after a lush hotel for what you are paying in the centre of town, then this is the one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
We can’t thank you enough for your wonderful words about our hotel. It was such a pleasure to see that you have taken your time to share even smallest details with other travellers.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!