“Terrific” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #440 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ontario
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not our normal style of hotel when visiting London but used the Hilton Points and can't say enough about this lovely hotel. We were upgraded to a premium queen room. Tons of space, beautifully clean and quiet (courtyard room). Best location ever! would highly recommend for business or pleasure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Our Queen Deluxe pluses are all newly refurbished and they all have plenty of spaces for business or pleasure traveller. I appreciate your positive feedback and I hope we have another chance to have you with us.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us again so I can personally look after you.
Regards,
Nader Neishabouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Greek first
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Simlpy one of the best location for your business or leisure weekend in London. Waldorf is 5 min from covent garden and all musicals are around the corner. Rooms could be not so large but so far i go all the time upgrade so really satisfied about it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Waldorf, from the concierge collecting our bags from the taxi to putting them back in on our departure we could not fault the hotel. it was extremely clean and the staff lovely. the breakfast was exceptional and plenty of variety. on leaving my husband left his glasses in the bedside table but upon calling the hotel they arrived by special delivery to our home the very next day - fantastic service.
if i had a down side i would say that the hotel drinks were extortionate - 4 glasses of wine £33.80!!
would definitely go back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at 7 Hiltons during our Europe trip. This one was the most expensive and by far our least favorite.
Upon Check-in, as Gold Honors, I asked about upgrade. The woman at front desk answered in a brusque manner that none were available. When I then inquired about Executive lounge, I was told, (in the same manner) we would not have access because we were not Diamond.
Now, I understand this is hotel policy...however, it could have been explained in a polite and pleasant way. It was not.
The location of the hotel is great, right around from Covent Garden and close to theaters.
The room was just okay, for 508.35 USD per night.
Even though we are now Honors Diamond, we would not stay here again

Room Tip: We liked the Hilton Heathrow better...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel lobby is impressive and it really resonates as one of London's iconic hotels. The staff were helpful. The tea dance was great to watch. The cocktail bar there served some great cocktails and the service was very good. The rooms were a bit basic. They were nice but fell short of the grand ness of the rest of the hotel. The only real negative was that the bathroom was a frosted glass wall opposite the bed with a door that does not seal around the edge so make sure you are quite relaxed with whoever you are travelling with!
Location was great and just 1 min walk from the legendary Delauney which is in the top 10 places for breakfast in London. Very close to the shows, covent garden etc. Concierge was very helpful.
We had a last minute deal. I think I might have been disappointed to pay £200 for a standard room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for a week for work and can only good things (with one small caution):

The Good:
-Well-appointed, quiet rooms
-Excellent amenities
-I had the basic room and it was larger than other rooms I had in London
-Very nice bathroom
-Comfy bed
-Location is near great restaurants, theaters, bars, shops

The Not As Good
-I took the overnight flight and booked my check in for the same day as my overnight flight (to ensure that I would have a room when I checked in very early in the morning). The front desk had assumed that I wasn't arriving (since I was technically checking in late) even though I had called to confirm that they would hold the room. There was a little bit of confusion and tense moment when I thought that I would need to wait to check in until later in the day. Not ideal since I was exhausted from the flight and just wanting to sleep for a couple hours before heading into work. However, the reservation was found and everything turned out fine. I would caution travelers to double check that they reservation is set if they are taking the overnight flight.

But overall, excellent hotel and would to which I would return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband in May. It was a soft place to land after a busy day of sightseeing. Beautiful room in just the right neighborhood. We were lucky to get the room for a good price on Priceline.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!