“Great with executive lounge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Waldorf Hilton

You added The Waldorf Hilton to your Saves list
The Waldorf Hilton
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #423 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great with executive lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stay at Hiltons. My husband is a diamond member so we often travel on points. If I had to pay for this hotel, I wouldnt stay here. While the outside is beautiful, the inside is pretty rundown. Its not worth the price. Staying at a cute boutique hotel would be better for the price unless you plan to hit the theatre every night you are there. It's right next door to a show after all. It's also not far from the Covent Garden tube station and a very quick walk to all sorts of shopping, restaurants and pubs. It's also only a 15- minute walk to Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery.

For Hilton travelers:
There is a chance we got the worst room in the hotel. They tend to do that when you are using points, which makes no sense at all because we are the most likely customers to stay again given we always stay at Hiltons, and we are obviously frequent travelers. The executive lounge is amazing. You will get delicious free breakfast, snacks, canapés, alcoholic beverages, wine and champagne. Drinks all day long. It's a beautiful room. I wish the executive lounge reflected the look of the rest of the hotel, especially the rooms. The service is fast and friendly, aside from one really snooty woman, perhaps named Olga that works in the executive lounge. She was rude and made us feel uncomfortable. Other than that, a wonderful experience. Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Greek first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

A great location close to theatres, the river and transportation. I stayed for one night in a queen size bed room, although a tiny room and bathroom, the bed was delightfully comfortable and the room fairly quiet. Staff are friendly and helpful, with a smooth check and check out procedure. Ate in the restuarant for opne dinner, average food. Overall, a cosy pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on 7th floor have minimal road noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel and please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to the different hotel departments.
It would be wonderful if we could welcome you back in the near future and I would be very pleased if you contacted me directly next time you would like to stay with us so that I can look personally after you.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The location is wonderful -you can walk almost anwhere you want to visit in central London.

The public areas are grand and the service is efficient and friendly.

So why am I disappointed?

I suspect it all depends upon the luck of the draw when rooms are allocated and that (understandably) the better rooms are reserved for those who pay the full rack rate .

I had a seventh floor room -the bathroom looked tired and the room felt cramped for the price paid.

I may return because the location was ideal but will look to get a deal on a superior room

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the service delivered. However, I do regret to hear that you were disappointed with the room size and decor.
We have recently refurbished some of our bedrooms and it would be my pleasure to ensure that next time you are staying with us you will be allocated in one of the newly renovated rooms. May I therefore kindly suggest contacting me directly next time you would like to make a reservation so that I can personally look after you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed a few nights there in April. The building is beautiful, the staff is helpful, check in quick, professional, only they did not mention about the gym facilities(or, frankly, anything about the gym). We stayed in one of the Executive Room which was fantastic. Iconic hotel, deserves its good reputation.

Room Tip: The Executive Rooms are very spacious and modern and it comes with the free antry to the Executive L...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please rest assured that I have shared your constructive comments with our Front Office team.
Once again thank you kindly for staying with us and we hope that we may soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

As this was the last part of my holiday, I was really looking forward to staying in this property and wasn't disappointed. On arrival the doorman greeted me and ushered me through the electric doors towards reception.

I was greeted professionally and welcomed warmly. I had booked a Deluxe Room and the young lady checked my preference for a non-smoking room (thank goodness), checked if I would like a newspaper or wake-up call and confirmed that breakfast was included. She then organized for my bags to be taken to my room as I was on the 8th floor which meant that I had to go upstairs as the lift only went to the 7th floor.

My room was gorgeous, very spacious, large bathroom, everything was clean, neat and tidy, I had the best sleep of my 5 weeks away in this hotel, so thank you. Breakfast was fabulous and every member of staff went out of their way to make my stay memorable so many thanks. An absolutely beautiful hotel.

I had a couple of shows booked, proximity to the West End theatres is great. I would definitely stay there again.

I too had moved items in the fridge, on check out when I advised that I hadn't used the second item, they explained the sensor and removed the cost without issue.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Thank you again

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Joy,

In the name of The Waldorf Hilton Team we would like to thank you very much for these wonderful comments.
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us and I have enthusiastically shared your lovely feedback with my colleagues.
I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when making your next reservation so that I can personally look after you.

Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night and used it as a base for a day/night out in London. Lovely building, very happy with the service. Room was an executive room which we had been upgraded to for some unknown reason. It was very nicely furnished and was very spacious.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this lovely feedback.

Moreover, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and are happy to hear that you were pleased with the service and room quality.

Once again we would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kalmar, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed two nights here. Location is absolutely perfect. Close to everything.
The check-in went quite ok. There was a wedding going on when we arrived so not much help with the luggage that day!
The standard rooms are not better than a 3 star hotel. I appreciate that room sizes in London are generally smart. But the standard in the rooms here were also low. Tiled floowing and the hooks for the towels fall off if you hang anything on it! Also the shower walls are not well sealed or teh distance to cabinets not enough to let teh air flow causing significant fungues growth whcih si well visible through teh glas whcih is not a pleasant sight!
It must be mentioned taht this hotel is expensive too. The rooms compared to what you get are overthe top. Breakfast for 22 sterling?? I would pay that if the selection was better! Internet for 15 per day? And no free magazines to the room.
So if you want to stay here, make sure to get a proper suite and enjoy teh splendour of this beautiful building / hotel. But dont go for the standard rooms, too small, dirty an dnoisy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with these valuable comments regarding your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton.

Naturally, it is always a concern for us when a guest is given cause for complaint and we are very sad to hear about your disappointment. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Management Team in order to avoid any further reoccurrence to our valuable guests.

We do regret not meeting your satisfaction on this occasion. Therefore, I would be grateful if you contacted me directly next time you would like to stay with us so that I can personally ensure that you will have an impeccable experience.

Juliane

Been to The Waldorf Hilton? Share your experiences!