We stayed for two nights and it proved a very good location and felt it was recently refurbished. The room was very modern with great facilities and despite being adjacent to Piccadilly and Leicester Square, proved very quiet. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming.
Although we didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food, we did go for a drink in the basement bar. It's location in the hotel meant it was a bit oppressive despite a huge screen flashing up London images which was odd given some of these images were only yards away in reality. The other down side was the bar prices which saw a small bottle of beer and wine spritzer come to over £12.
However, on balance it proved a very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its authentic Victorian exterior, Thistle Piccadilly fits right in among its genteel neighbours, who include Fortnum & Mason and the Royal Academy. Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, the West End, Covent Garden and Oxford and Regent Streets are all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Piccadilly Hotel London
- Thistle Piccadilly London, England