Had a lovely overnight stay in a double executive room. The room was very clean, nice comfy big bed and subtle lighting. The only little winge we had was that the TV wasn't properly tuned in so all a bit fuzzy (not great for hubby catching up with match of the day...I didn't mind!). The bedroom had secondary double glazing which was needed as our bedroom was at the front of the hotel looking over the main streets, which on a Saturday night don't stop until Sunday morning! The main let down was the bathroom, which although was beautiful and had a wonderful large walk in shower cubicle, did not have secondary glazing, the windows were old and had gaps in them where a very cold breeze came in, as well as noise. There wasn't any form of heating in the bathroom either so it was very cold.
Breakfast was downstairs in the restuarant and was fine, not the hottest cooked breakfast as was a buffet style, but was topped up and kept fresh.
Location was just fantastic, right in the heart of London, easy walk to theatre land, and just down the road from a tube stop.
Would I go back again.....Yeap indeed I would! (as long as the bathroom has been fitted with a radiator bbrrrrr!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its authentic Victorian exterior, Thistle Piccadilly fits right in among its genteel neighbours, who include Fortnum & Mason and the Royal Academy. Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, the West End, Covent Garden and Oxford and Regent Streets are all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Piccadilly Hotel London
- Thistle Piccadilly London, England