“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #184 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here over Christmas while we were working for Crisis at Christmas. The hotel is just perfect in every way. Lovely rooms, excellent reception and nice restaurant (although we only had breakfast). We were most impressed with the friendliness of the staff on reception who always wanted to know about our day and what we had been doing. The staff in the restaurant when we came down to breakfast at 6.30 each morning were always cheerful and attentive.
Lovely hotel and lovely staff. If you stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Let me simply start with this statement from Usher....OMG---"OH MY GOSH"! This hotel Rocks!
Its location is very close to the Angel tube station, or you may choose to take a cab to the eurostar station--either is cost efficient and close. The hotel entrance is slightly recessed, but once you enter you are in for a treat!. The front counter staff was very friendly and eager to assist. The rooms are BEAUTIFUL. I am a big man and I slept like a baby. My wife and kids could not stop taking pictures of the bathroom :-) The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 rating is because there is not an elevator and if you choose to carry any bags of weight. It is an inconvenience. EXCELLENT JOB HOTEL STAFF! We look forward to our return :-)

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Islington, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your returned visit with us. What a fantastic review, I am very happy to see you had a great stay with us and we cannot wait for you all to return. Please let us know and we hope to see you soon.

Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Staff was nice and professional however, the hotel rooms were dirty, heating was not functioning, and overall it was a bad experience. The cleaning staff reused the same drinking glasses with out cleaning them. The bath towels smelled dirty and when replaced they smelled burned.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Islington, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am glad to see you found the hotel staff helpful and welcoming however please accept my apologises for less pleasant experience you had at the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure that these challenges do not resurface. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

london, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Personally best of Hilton's I have stayed at (Out of Docklands, Hyde Park and Kensington), although a little smaller than the other it did not make a difference. Service was as good as ever. Lobby was bright, clean and inviting. Room was lovely and warm on arrival and perfect in every way. Only problem was a room attendant knocked twice in the morning way before check out, not sure why but I did not let that ruin my nights stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so glad to see we are highly recommended as the top Hilton in London. We would love the opportunity of welcoming you for another perfect night.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for a few days whilst attending an exhibition at the Islington Design Centre but you pay the price of convenience. £270 a night including breakfast, so believe me I had breakfast every morning.
All the staff I encountered were friendly especially during check-in.
The room was excellent, clean and fresh. Lots of surface area to lay out papers, documents, laptop and other items.
Complimentary water and a wee bottle of red wine.
Lots of wardrobe hanging space and hangers.
Very large flat screen TV in a good viewing position on the wall in front of the bed.
The bed was really comfortable and a great sleep every night.
Breakfast was great - large selection of hot traditional choices and a reasonable selection of cold meats and cheese cuts, yoghurts, fruit and breads.
Machine coffee was the only downside to breakfast, despite it coming from an expensive dispenser, its not the same as a cafetiere or cona pot.
Lunch snack choices were fine and sandwiches were delivered quickly and tasted
All the usual refinements in the room you would expect at Hilton.

The bar at night wasn't too busy when we were there but the barman was attentive and served our brandies in nicely warmed balloon glasses - just perfect.

I had a lot of coffees served from the bar area machine and they were really high quality.

Great selection of restaurants and eateries all around the hotel.
2 minutes walk from the tube station is a real bonus.
Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience you had at the Hilton London Islington. What a fantastic review. I am so happy to see you had a great stay with us, from the welcoming and attentive team to the high quality coffee.

Please come see us again if you are in town again.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having stayed often at the Islington Hilton, I continue to find it satisfactory in every way. The Reception Staff are courteous, very helpful and professional. Mr. Harewood, Guest Relations Manager, does an excellent job and everything about the hotel is pleasing. The newly refurbished guest rooms and bathrooms are First Class - the beds are very comfortable - and the Breakfast Buffets are copious and delicious with a wide variety of selections. We commend everyone involved in providing such a successful experience for their guests.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel regularly to London and normally stay a little more central. However I chose the Hilton due to good online feedback, the location (which to be fair isn't that far out of the centre of London and the City anyway) and my affinity to the Hilton brand where I am a Diamond member. I certainly wasn't disappointed.

The building itself it clean and fresh throughout, and is located just off the main street in Islington. The area is bustling with many restaurant choices. Access to central London is easy. The Angel tube is no more than 5 minutes walk away and from there the City is a few stops away.

Initial greeting was friendly and efficient and I was quickly shown to my room. The room itself was smart and fresh. Spacious with a good sized bathroom and a great shower. Ample storage and wardrobe space.

I used the Axis bar/restaurant for breakfast and a sandwich in the evening. The breakfast was first class. A great choice of hot and cold food, all of which was tasty and well prepared. The two ladies attending delivered service with a smile. The evening was an equally positive experience. A good choice of beers and whilst I only had a snack, it was tasty and promptly delivered with genuinely friendly service.

The executive lounge was a little on the small size and quickly became full. I guess I am a little spoiled in that I regularly use the Conrad hotels across Asia, particularly Hong Kong, and have become used to something a little larger. This said, on the one occasion I did venture in, it did the job.

Overall, this was a good stay. Compared to many of my other recent London experiences, this was great value but more importantly, the standard of service throughout was excellent and all of the staff I came across were a credit to the Hilton brand. This will be my London hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Islington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experienece of the Hilton London Islington. I am glad to see you had a fantastic stay with us and you enjoyed this corner of London. We are planning to extend the Executive lounge which will extend the service and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back whenever you are in town again

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton London Islington? Share your experiences!