It has been my second time at the hotel Hilton Islington in London. In fact, I have been to several Hilton hotels in London but, for me, this is by far the best one among the ones I've stayed at.
You can easily reach it by bus or underground if you're coming from Victoria St. or whatever other part in London. I went there from Victoria by underground, but if you have half an hour to spare, it's far more relaxing by bus,which takes you directly there without any need to commute trains. The bus to take is the 73 and the bus stop is a two minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel is one minute walk from a lively zone full of pubs, cafés and shops. There's also one of the popular concert halls O2. Next to the hotel there's a great restaurant called AskItalian, which is also a chain where I had a yummy lunch and wonderful espresso, difficult to find in England.
I made the most of an offer for a weekend at this Hilton hotel and I paid 150 pounds for a double bedroom where there were two of us, without a breakfast. Anyway, I have to say I was offered an upgrade for an extra charge of 25 pounds which included a bigger room and bed and the breakfast, which I refused since I considered the room was good enough for a night, but I would have kept it anyway for more nights because it was excellent. The receptionist who offered me the change even gave me a ring to the room a few minutes later to check if I was happy with my choice.
The bedroom consisted of a good size bathroom with a really big shower and enough toiletries and super big and thick towels. Lots of wardrobe space as well as an iron, safe, kettle, tea and coffee which we used when we went to the hotel late at night. The central heating worked really well and you could choose the best temperature for you in an easy understandable way. There was an enormous flat TV, as well as quite a big desk, an armchair, two bedside tables, a queen- size bed, an alarm-clock and a big window with a decent view.
A decent price for a very decent bedroom, nice manners from staff and great surroundings that can help make your stay in London unforgettably good.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Islington Hotel
- Hilton London Islington Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Islington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished in the middle of 2013, Hilton London Islington is situated in the heart of fashionable Islington yet remains in proximity to central London, striking a perfect balance for Guests staying for leisure or business. The hotel is just 5 minutes’ walk from Angel tube station and one stop from Kings Cross St. Pancras, making it an ideal base from which to connect to Europe. Located next door to the Business Design Centre and just a 5 minutes’ drive to Emirates Stadium, the hotel offers a convenient accommodation for those attending a conference or event. An adjacent car park is available.Within walking distance of the hotel Guests can see a play at Almeida or Sadler's Wells Theatres and discover the street markets. Stay only one tube stop away from Old Street Station or to some of London’s most popular attractions: Tower Bridge, Tower of London, London Eye and the famous Oxford Street.Unwind in a stylish, elegantly furnished guest room or suite with modern amenities and new decor. Catch up with work at the desk, taking advantage of the in-room WiFi or chill out watching on-demand movies on the 42-inch flat-screen TV.Relax in the trendy Axis Bar & Kitchen, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel restaurant serves locally and internationally inspired cuisine in a laid back atmosphere. Dine in with 24-hour room service. The newly opened Executive Lounge allows Guests to enjoy complimentary WiFi, breakfast, coffee and snacks throughout the day and canapés in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Hilton London Islington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.