I have stayed at this hotel many times, but felt a little disappointed with the new room I was given. Nowhere to put your cases, nowhere to sit apart from at the desk and I could not even pull the desk seat out fully as the bed was in the way! On top of this, the soap dish holder was hanging off the shower wall and the toilet flush would not stop running water until you had reset the flush by pressing it a few times - very frustrating in the middle of the night!
On my last morning I was in the shower when all the lights went out in the room. After waiting for a few minutes I went into the corridor outside the room to be greeted by a man holding a pair of pliers and a screwdriver saying 'it wasn't me gov!'. Well, of course it was him! He had been working in the floor’s electrical cupboard. Again, frustrating and things happen - but at least come clean!
Otherwise the room decoration was smart and clean looking.
Since my last visit, breakfast had been 'improved' by now having self-service coffee and reducing the breakfast selection. Well, one coffee machine for the breakfast area in the morning is ridiculous, especially when the area is busy - I got fed up of waiting by the machine and therefore did not have coffee - go back to the table served coffee - PLEASE!
Finally, and I am sorry to say this, the beer served in the bar was totally flat and I had to return it!
I am disappointed to have written this review in this way as I love the hotels location and have previously enjoyed my stays there - but now I may have to reconsider future visits.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Islington Hotel
- Hilton London Islington Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Islington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished in the middle of 2013, Hilton London Islington is situated in the heart of fashionable Islington yet remains in proximity to central London, striking a perfect balance for Guests staying for leisure or business. The hotel is just 5 minutes’ walk from Angel tube station and one stop from Kings Cross St. Pancras, making it an ideal base from which to connect to Europe. Located next door to the Business Design Centre and just a 5 minutes’ drive to Emirates Stadium, the hotel offers a convenient accommodation for those attending a conference or event. An adjacent car park is available.Within walking distance of the hotel Guests can see a play at Almeida or Sadler's Wells Theatres and discover the street markets. Stay only one tube stop away from Old Street Station or to some of London’s most popular attractions: Tower Bridge, Tower of London, London Eye and the famous Oxford Street.Unwind in a stylish, elegantly furnished guest room or suite with modern amenities and new decor. Catch up with work at the desk, taking advantage of the in-room WiFi or chill out watching on-demand movies on the 42-inch flat-screen TV.Relax in the trendy Axis Bar & Kitchen, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel restaurant serves locally and internationally inspired cuisine in a laid back atmosphere. Dine in with 24-hour room service. The newly opened Executive Lounge allows Guests to enjoy complimentary WiFi, breakfast, coffee and snacks throughout the day and canapés in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LondonMarketing.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Islington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.