“Anniversary Weekend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #396 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Godalming
“Anniversary Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 6 years ago and expected it to be as good as it was then. It was not. The room was much smaller than we had previously. The thing that annoyed me the most was that the hairdryer was fixed to the drawer of the desk and the flex was not long enough to reach the area by the mirror. My daughter had sent a Wedding Anniversay Card to us c/o the hotel but they could not find it. She does this every year and this is the first time it has gone astray. The cooked breakfast was disappointing as it is not freshly cooked to order. I chose the continental breakfast the second morning which was better. When we returned home I noticed the bill had been made out in my husbands name but the address was for a different postcode although in the some town. We shall not go again to this Raddisson. We have stayed at others and had great service so this was disappointing.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet from but it was quite a long walk from the lift.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I am deeply sorry to hear of your disappointing stay. Our service at the Grafton is tailored to be guest orientated and I apologise that you felt this was not reflected in the service you were provided.

We always do our upmost to take special care of anything that is delivered for our guests to the hotel reception. If we should receive or find your daughters card at any point we won’t hesitate to contact you.

Sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the cooked breakfast. Our chefs are always more than happy to freshly prepare hot food for you should you request it from one of the restaurant employees. I am glad however to hear that our continental breakfast was more to your preference.

On your next stay I will personally organise a quiet spacious room for you that I am confident will exceed expectation.

We hope we will be able to greet you back to stay with us at Grafton in the near future. My contact details are below if I can assist with creating any reservations for you.

Kind Regards

Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Rhondda, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel and it was adequate. However this time the experience has definitely made up my mind that I will never again go there. On this occasion we took a group of people there whilst we were on business in London, which consisted of booking over 10 rooms. I asked for a deluxe room for my partner and I on the first night and then prior to getting to London thought I would upgrade for the second night to a suite. The photograph of the suite on their website looks very nice so I thought my partner and I could stay the extra night after our conference (in a different location in London) on the Friday.

We have several issues with this hotel which we will be addressing as a complaint to the head office of this hotel group, but to be disappointed with the 'suite' we were allocated is an understatement. The first 'suite' we were allocated was on the 5th floor and had a notice on the door saying it was a smoking room. I thought all such accommodations were non smoking now? plus the fact that we had not asked for a smoking room! We were then told we could move to another 'suite' on the first floor. Well this one was even worse. The windows were misted up with a frosted covering and it was not possible to see out. I tried to open the window but couldn't. The decor in the room was drab and quite honestly we found it extremely depressing! We could see that someone had tried to scratch on this frosting and when we looked through the gap the view was not one which you would associate with a 'suite' which in my experience in most hotels is one of the best accommodations the establishment has to offer?

We have stayed in suites all over the world in 4 and 5 star hotels and never have we been so disappointed as we have been this weekend with the accommodation in this hotel. I asked about a refund for the upgrade payment for this 'suite' as it really was not satisfactory, but the first person I spoke to said he could not do anything about it. But I then spoke to a second person who did refund the difference eventually. Also the 'deluxe' room was not what I would call 'deluxe' either, in my opinion very basic in fact!

I don't want to go on and on about this because this experience has really spoilt our stay. Ultimately we felt so unhappy with the room we left and did not stay the night, this will indicate how extremely unhappy we were. We handed in our keys to reception and they were told "We will not return". The reply was "can I get you a taxi". Nice!

In conclusion, our stay at this hotel was definitely not a good one. Just one more thing, there are two doors into the breakfast room we went through one of them on the Friday morning and were hurriedly told that breakfast was not ready. So I asked when does breakfast start then? they said 7am. I looked at my watch and it said 6.59am!! We were then asked not to enter the breakfast area through that door and we were directed to go back through the hotel and go through another door in order to get to the little desk which ticks off the names of guests before being seated in exactly the same place as we were when we walked through the other door!

I fully understand the need for rules and regulations and procedures, but would it not have been easier and more polite to just ask our room number and the member of staff to walk to the little desk and record the necessary detail? Not be made to feel like a naughty child.

As I said "Never Again".

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Sunshine,

This really is disappointing to read, please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had and that the suite you were allocated was not to your satisfaction.

With regards to the upgrade fee, I would like to clarify that as you were unhappy with the room, we did refund this money as a gesture of good will. I have spoken to the Food & Beverage Operations Manager regarding the breakfast incident who will follow this up with his team to ensure that does not happen again in the future, I am sure that the intention wasn’t to make you feel uncomfortable in anyway, and for this we are truly sorry.

If you do decide to return, which I do very much hope, please contact me directly so I can personally oversee your reservation details and organise something a little special for you.

Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We booked this hotel In aid of Special birthday for a girls evening out. The staff welcomed us exceptionally well, and quickly offered to assist us damsels in distress with our luggage. We didn’t queue to check-in, and were immediately directed us to our room. The room had been set up adequately to accommodate four beds. - This was a last minute request which was handled with urgency from the staff at the Grafton hotel.
The room was spacious, clean and very good value for money. The location was extremely suitable for nightlife in London and the staff kindly arrange for a taxi ,and recommended a lovely restaurant.

I work in customer service, and often have high expectations on what makes a great first impression. In the past, I have struggled to find a hotel with fantastic service, location in London, and all around value for money. With the Grafton you get exactly what you pay for. We use the capital regularly to celebrate events and now I have been introduced by a similar happy customer, I will thoroughly recommend both Radisson and in particular the Grafton.

Thank you for making special tweaks that made us feel important in such a busy environment. ( including a later check-out time, complementary water, and a very personal service)

Very best regards

Stella
Berkshire.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Stella,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us at the Grafton. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recommending the hotel to others. Here at the Grafton we always strive to make each guest feel valued and deliver to them a personalised service. I am glad to hear that you and your friends really felt the effect of that service.

We are eager to welcome you back to stay with us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me so I can personally see to it that your next stay is as good as the last.

Kind Regards
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was travelling on business and was pleased to have made it to the hotel in reasonable time. Unfortunately check in took a full 30 minutes! I was given the option of a smoking, or non-smoking room. It seemed the non-smoking rooms were most popular as there was some difficulty in finding one available. Having booked a standard room, I was told I had been upgraded to a business room because of the delay. I also received credit to spend behind the bar. The room had been brought back into service as Is suspect they were running low on non-smoking rooms, and had not been cleaned thoroughly or ‘set-up’ ready for the next guest. The ubiquitous cushions had been stored in the shelving unit instead of being placed on the bed (not necessarily a bad thing!) and there were no complimentary water or toiletries. Having worked until late in the evening I decided to use some of the credit for the bar and headed downstairs. I ordered my drink and found a nice quiet area to read. This was disturbed by a group of women opposite who were pointing towards the corner of the seating area near to me and informing the waitress of something which she wasn't pleased to hear by the look on her face. I carried on reading and minutes later discovered exactly why the waitress looked so displeased. To my complete surprise there was a mouse running out from the corner seating and across the floor! Needless to say I took the rest of my drink back to my room! Breakfast in the morning was OK, nothing special and not really worth the price paid. The next morning I opted for breakfast in my room, which was delivered promptly at the time requested. There was plenty of food, but none of it was really that nice. The poached eggs were not cooked properly, sure the yolk was runny, but so was half the white too – although they were oddly congealed and plastic looking on top where they has obviously been sitting under a heat lamp. The bed and pillows were comfy, and I was lucky enough to have a room on the back so was away from the noise of Tottenham Court Rd – colleagues were not so fortunate. The Air Con was quite noisy, and slow to make any difference – although it did eventually cool the room down. All in all, rodent problem aside, I would not hurry back to this hotel. I have stayed in better for the money they charge!

Room Tip: Get a room on the back of the hotel if possible, Rooms at he front are noisy and on a warm day those...
Dear Anita,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies that you had such a poor experience with us. This is far from the usual level of service that we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests.

Let me assure your complaint has been highlighted with the Hotel Management, who will go back to the necessary departments to ensure that these events do not reoccur in the future.
With particular regard to the mouse sighting may I assure you that we have a robust pest control programme in place - in fact we have an internal team that look after all of our hotels – but a rare sighting does occur occasionally. When this happens the team are notified and visit the hotel the next day and take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.

I truly hope that you will allow us an opportunity to make this right for you, as I more than confident that we can exceed your expectation. I kindly ask that prior to making any reservations you contact me first so that I personally can over see every aspect of your reservation and arrange something special upon your return.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Edwardian Grafton a number of times whilst on business within the city. The hotel is great for a short stay and has a good atmosphere with friendly staff always willing to assist where they can. Overall the quality of the rooms are great and provide a good nights sleep. The hotel is ideally situated in the middle of Camden town with close links to both the Underground and bus services. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Welshrocker,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing to stay at the Grafton hotel.

It is so wonderful to read that you will be recommending our hotel! I must say, it is truly great that you noticed the positive atmosphere that surrounds the Grafton hotel, it is something that truly does set us apart from other properties.

Once again, thank you for staying with us – If I can personally can be of assistance with any reservation please do not hesitate to let me know.

Yehud, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located near the tube station, suitable for people who have need to be in the northern part of London but wish to stay not far from the center. Accommodation and facilities are average, prices slightly on the expensive side

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, it is very much appreciated.

I must say, that I do believe that we as a hotel can do better than a middle of the road experience, next time you are staying with us I kindly ask that you contact me prior to you arrival via the hotel reception where I myself will personally over see you reservation.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

First of all, the Grafton is not located in the busy centre but it's very conveniently located right next to Warren street Tube station. Easy access to airports and Kings Cross. With a few stops you are already at most tourist or business locations. Next to the hotel there is a Tesco Express, open 24x7 so if you need anything you can just go down and get anything you need.

Check in experience was great, I arrived at 09.45 AM and I wanted to leave my luggage but instead I could already check in. Thank you Rhianna! Check out was like check in, fast and efficient. No endless line of guests waiting.

The single room was... small, very small. In fact the smallest hotel room I ever seen. Like a nicely equipped prison cell but with a door to be opened from the inside ;-) Maybe it is small but in my opinion it's not really disturbing if you stay at the hotel for one or two nights. If you stay more nights you might want to consider an upgrade. Like at any other Radisson property everything is in working order, clean and equipped with complimentary Wifi (open and secure networks). The bathroom is also small but complete and should be enough for one person. The breakfast buffet serves the more populair assortment of food. Anything else you can request this from the waiters.

Is everything perfect? Of course not! The hotel consists of two parts, the old part (entry) and there is a bridge to a more modern part. My room was at the old part, easily to recognise by the squeaking wooden floorboard. More annoying is that the floor throughout the corridors are carpet, except the floor leading to the bridge, that has a wooden floor. This echoes everything, every footstep, every word, every everything.
Also I missed a proper reading light. There is a halogen spot in the ceiling meant as a reading light, but not very comfortable. Why not attach a modern LED reading light, whole lot cheaper and more comfortable.

For me, this is a great hotel to remember when I travel to London (which is frequently) Why? Location, quality and service for a reasonable price! They will see me again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the corridor leading to the bridge due to lot of movement and noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

We genuinely love to hear what our guests have to say about the Grafton hotel as it will help us to continue to improve out services and product.

My apologies that the room allocated to you in this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction, I kindly ask that next time you are staying you kindly contact me prior to your arrival so that I personally can allocate your room. I am easily reached via the reception.

Kindest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!