“DELUXE room ? I don't expect to hit my head didnt get what we paid for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #394 of 1,065 Hotels in London
cheshire1
“DELUXE room ? I don't expect to hit my head didnt get what we paid for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

It wasn't a good start. The front of the hotel was roped off as a schoolboy had been stabbed outside the front of the hotel.
When we did get in, we were "upgraded" We think to a deluxe King room on the top floor (but we didn't get the bathrobes on our booking confirmation)

The main problem was the shape of the room. It was impossible to get from one side to the other without having to "duck" Getting up in the middle of the night both of us hit our heads (more than once) Not what I would call luxury!

We did have a problem with our room keys. They wouldn't work in the lift. we tried to explain that if they didn't work in the lift they probably wouldn't work to get in the room either. The jolly man put us in the lift (with his key card) and sent us on our way. Of course when we got to the room both of our keys didn't work. Back to reception.

We explained that we were staying for 2 nights and our keys didn't work. "how many nights are you staying sir? " By this time we were cross and tired. We asked the receptionist if she spoke English - not in an aggressive way but it was enough for the manager to come rushing over saying "how dare you speak to my staff like that!!" Did we swear? did we shout? were we aggressive? No.

To be fair, we were given a bottle of wine as an apology but the room was not what we would expect (see pics)

Would we stay again ? Probably not. Good location but due to the nature of the old building it would be difficult to know what to expect of the room

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Cheshire159,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel. I was sorry that the complimentary upgrade we offered to a Deluxe room was not to your liking and may I assure you that you did receive a much larger room than originally booked, even if it was not symmetrical in shape. It is this detail that we feel gives a hotel like the Grafton it’s character and history – a history that goes back to 1870!

After investigating your comments I do feel you have been a little harsh on our Reception team. All our team members have a good command of the English language but there may be an accent as we enjoy a rich cosmopolitan mix of all nationalities, something which is quite normal for London and hotels in particular. We are very proud of our team and the service they consistently deliver and we will never allow them to be abused or shouted at in anyway. Whilst I can perhaps empathise with the frustration when things are not perfect I do feel the situation could have been approached in a more calming manner that would have caused less upset to all concerned.

Finally, I would like to mention that the Grafton team were commended in their dealing with the stabbing incident that took place on Tottenham Court Road. They worked closely with the local police force in providing evidence that has been instrumental in the conviction of the perpetrator and the victim in question is making a slow recovery.

I would however, very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Grafton Hotel and I would be grateful if you would contact me prior to your next visit so I may arrange something a little special for you.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
Worthing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights as on a training course, hotel looks like a posh once you get inside although the room I had was pretty small and the air con unit clearly didn't work as even at 12 degrees warm air was pumping out even after telling the staff they said the hotel was full so I couldn't change rooms !! They didn't even have a fan !! So I had to leave the window open and with all of the noise outside I didn't sleep too good :-(. The breakfast was okay hot food wasn't great although good selection of cereal and fruits. Then to top it off when I checked out they told me I was on a prepaid room so didn't need to pay on checking out then 3 weeks later I get a call from the hotel telling me to pay for the bill !! Not a great experience

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Room was quite far away from reception showing just how vast this hotel is. There had been an error with my booking meaning I would have been staying in two separate rooms, the hotel sorted this out efficiently and made sure I wouldn't have to move around.
The room service was great and portion size was very good. Breakfast is tasty but I would like to see more continental options like cold meats on offer. The bar in the evening has a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. Room was spacious and housekeeping was very thorough.
Great location- close to Euston and Warren Street station.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to staircases to avoid a very long walk.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went yesterday as I was given a gift certificate for my birthday. I've been to different places over the years for afternoon tea and I can say this is the worst experience I ever had. 1st the waitress was rude and didn't understand why, as a vegetarian, I wanted my sandwichs on a separate place from my friend who isn't vegetarian. Then she didn't want to ask the chef if the cakes contained gélatine. I had to ask someone else. We waited 45 min for the food to arrive. And what a disappointment. The sandwichs must have been prepared early that morning and left out. The bread was all dry on top. Absolutely tasteless. The scones where about the same size than the miniature jam pot and very flat. Crumbled like a biscuit when trying to cut it in half. 4 mini cakes for 2 people. A chocolate brownie which tasted like flour, a heavy lemon drizzle, something orangy and another small cake. The only thing that was ok was the tea and the decor. I will never go back there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Shea,

Firstly may I apologise for the poor experience you suffered, rest assured this has been brought to the attention of the Food & Beverage Manager who will follow this up immediately.

It is extremely embarrassing that on such a special occasion you did not receive the special treatment we aim to deliver to our guests. We usually pride ourselves on being flexible and catering to all our guests needs & dietary requirements.

On this note, I do hope you will reconsider and return to us so that we can make this up to you and display the level of service and detail we are proud to give our guest – If you ever need to make a reservation, do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

Warm regards,
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had this hotel as part of a Theatre Package, easy to get to and find, some decent pubs and eateries close by. The fact it's pretty much opposite Warren Street Tube Station means it's easy to get around London. Room was good size and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Kings lynn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'm currently staying here on business.
The staff are very helpful and friendly in particular the waiter 'Rony' who always makes sure we have everything we need. Always happy to help and very welcoming.
The rooms are great and very clean. Housekeeping do an amazing job also. :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Wow, loved this hotel. Its location was great. Literally 50 yards from Warren Street tube station. Rooms were lovely, if a little small and view wasn't great but the bathroom was huge.
Breakfast was fantastic. I opted for the lovely fresh fruit salad followed by freshly poached eggs, smoked salmon and flat field mushrooms. Yummy. Also some great freshly brewed coffee.
We used the luggage room which was very useful.good air con in the rooms, which was really needed as rooms were quite warm. Hotel lobby area is quite stunning with huge chandeliers and all staff were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!