“Boutique Styling, Good Quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #394 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Boutique Styling, Good Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times before working for my previous employer and socially with my wife.

Now I am back at the company, I have been back to the hotel, and it is still as good as ever. The rooms have a timelss and classy feel, with tasteful art, and fantastic bathrooms. It's a city centre hotel, so don't expect any views.

The only minor problem was the air conditioning unit in the hall outside my room, which sounded like a collection of washing machines on a full load. Hpwever my room was changed the next night with no fuss.

The service here is always excellent, and for a great West End location, it's a fantastic hotel to stay in. I always love Radisson hotels as they have the benfits of being in a chain, but always manage to feel individual at the same time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ManagerGrafton, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you approve off our new modern look after refurbishment and find the service to be excellent.

Please contact me via Hotel and I will ensure a quite room is allocated for your future visit. If you need any assistance for reservation please feel free to contact me.

Fasih Khan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Took my mam for birthday treat. Hotel was lovely, room was very nice and complimentary drinks and cake was a nice surprise. Good location next to Warren Street tube. Our only complaint was the breakfast. On the Sunday morning the turins need refilling with beans and eggs and was a bit cold, on Monday the bacon was very very salty. However the toast was lovely and we cannot fault the service. The service was excellent, the staff could not do enough. Would we go back yes we would. This was a very nice hotel with a lot of nice touches, free apples, water in reception and luggage room free of charge. The bar on the night was nice and reasonable priced for London. reception staff very polite and professional. We had a great weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to celebrate your Mom’s Birthday.

I am pleased to read that the guest relations team created a nice surprise for you. The team at the Grafton do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

I will ensure that the F&B Manager is aware of the comments on breakfast service.

If you need any assistance for reservation please feel free to contact me via Hotel.

Vantaa, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Two nights in June 2013, family room in the annex part of the hotel, a long way from the elevators but therefore also pretty quiet. Room overlooked a park/playground with local children and junkies. Hotel kitchen staff go in the back for a smoke, slightly puts you off the restaurant.

Check-in was great: we tried our luck straight from the airport at about 11.30 and the room was ready--a sigh of relief and a nice break before hitting the streets.

The location is great, 10 min to Oxford street. There are loads of takeout joints and shops nearby.

The room had seen its best days, but was relatively large for the four of us to be a London hotel. Nice bathroom, could have been cleaner, but have seen much worse in 4-star establishments.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel and taking the time to post a balanced review on Trip advisor.

Thank you for your compliments on our Location, we are indeed well connected just a couple of minutes walk to King Cross St. Pancras, Euston Station and next to tube/underground stations. In addition to it we are located in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Charlotte Street.

I was sorry to read that the view from the room was not great, please be assured that your comments regarding staff is highlighted to the concerned HOD’s to ensure there is no repeat.

Please contact me via Hotel and I will ensure a room of your liking is allocated on your next visit. Looking forward to welcoming you.

Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business trip. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was rather small and dark with only small window to the yard with all the hotel's air conditioning - no option to sleep with open window. Room A/C worked fine. Room would certainly not serve for a private trip with a couple, but OK for business. Breakfast was good, and near-by Regent's Park great for running. Overall acceptable value for money in a town like London.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your time you have taken to post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

Please feel free to contact me and I will allocate a room as per requirement, a deluxe room for a small supplement would be spacious also lookout for a Deluxe Room package, it has much more than a deluxe room!

Looking forward to welcoming you in near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a brilliant location we walked to Oxford street but could easily catch the tube next door. Staff were extremely helpful changed my twin to a double for me and our room was ready for our early arrival :) room was nice and clean and the staff all smiled and acknowledged you as you walked by. My partner enjoyed the breakfast selection and again couldn't fault the restaurant staff. We checked out and had our baggage stored for us. As a agent who sells thearte breaks I will be 100% recommending this hotel to my customers and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
ManagerGrafton, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I was thrilled to read your comments and I am just so pleased that you enjoyed it so much.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson-Blu Edwardian Grafton sometime in the near future.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very nice hotel, stayed for two nights. The bar area is very nice, ice machine in corridor was a bonus. Asked for an upgrade to deluxe room and was given one. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants to chose from

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road as very nice view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read this and so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. If you need any assistance with reservation please contact me via hotel.

Belton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband booked us a night in this hotel for my birthday treat to visit the theatre to see Les Miserables. On the whole it was a good experience the room was clean and comfortable with air conditioning which was needed in the 32 degree heat of last weekend. Breakfast was lovely, good quality, good selection and good service. However there were a couple of issues to address firstly our room was not ready when we arrived so our luggage was stored in a store room beside reception whilst we went to explore and eat out in Covent Garden. When we returned almost four hours later we were told that it was still not ready, however it appeared to be a system failure and it just had not been recorded as complete so we were able to go to our room after a few minutes delay when the concierge had checked that it was ready for us. The second issue were the lifts. There are two lifts and they are very small. My husband uses a wheelchair and it was a struggle to fit in my husband myself and one small suitcase. On a busy weekend with the luggage being taken to the rooms in bulk in one lift and guests trying to use the other one it was a frustrating experience with lifts going past our floor and when arriving at our floor being too full to accommodate a wheelchair let alone me as well. So in summary a good hotel with friendly, helpful staff that struggles when busy and needs to address the above issues to improve. Also probably not an ideal choice if you are a disabled visitor who has no choice but to use the lift.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson-Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel on your recent visit to London and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to offer you my personal apologies for the inconvenience caused because of the lift, it became overly busy because of the Group checkin at the time. I will share your feedback with my front office team; concierge should have helped you.

Thank you for mentioning that the staffs were friendly and helpful. I can assure you that we can accommodate your requirements and hopeful that you will consider to stay with us again.

If you need any assistance with future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me.

Fasih Khan.

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!