“Great Location - Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #396 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hartlepool
“Great Location - Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here over the bank holiday weekend for a short stay in london. Location was perfect as Warren street station is literally next door. King cross is also just a short commute away.
There are bars and shops literally next door and over the road which was very handy.

I upgraded my room stay on arrival to a business class suite, which i have to say is not worth it in the slighest. This is the second suite in the UK i have upgraded in a radisson property and yet again i was left dissapointed. Nothing about the room or the size of it made it worth the extra cost. One major problem was the fact the aircon was broken and the mattress was also very sunken and well slept in. Needs an update to be honest.

Breakfast was first class and the bar wasnt too bad either. Service was very good.
Probably will not return to this particular hotel, but will try other radissons across london

Room Tip: Dont upgrade (not worth the cost) try not to get a room on the west side of the building as the hos...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your balanced review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

May I assure you that I have discussed the issues raised with the relevant Head of Department so they may take the necessary actions to rectify any shortcomings.

I took note in particular your comments about the upgraded room, I wish this had been highlighted during your stay so that we get a chance to make the things right for you.

I really do hope that you decide to revisit us at some point in the near future as I would really appreciate an opportunity to surmount expectation which I am more than confident we are able to achieve and make up for this experience. I kindly ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally over see your booking.

Fasih Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Conwy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed to attend a conference. Location perfect to walk from Euston station. I had a single room which was just big enough for one, but beautifully appointed, plenty of cupboard space with iron and board.Bathroom was spacious for a single. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, they did bring toast to order but i really didnt eat very much. Ate dinner in the hotel twice. First night was meal and service was great, the second night it seemed as if they were trying too hard. Every 10 minutes 4 different people asking if everything was ok.
The service during the conference was something all the attendees joked about. Either the coffee/tea service way too early or very late. We had to ring for lunch, then had to ring staff again to tidy up. The weirdest bit was that they seemed reluctant to provide bottled water. Some of the overseas participants actually asked whether there was a problem with water shortage in London!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

I was sorry to read about the delay in service in conference room and may I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised to the relevant Head of Department so they may investigate further and take any action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

May I offer my sincere apologies.
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely grand entrance way welcomes you to the Radisson Grafton Hotel. Great location,handy for tube stations and a stones throw from the British Museum. Enjoyed our stay in a Business Class room with great amenities. All the staff were very friendly and happy to help. we felt very welcome.

I regularly stay at on of the Radisson Hotels while in London and I can say the Grafton is my favourite experience so far. The Lounge bar was lovely on Saturday night and the staff contributed to the relaxing atmosphere . Big thank you to all the staff and hope to be back very soon!

Room Tip: Business class rooms very comfortable!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for posting such a detailed and wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I believe our service delivery and attitude is fundamentally the most important aspect affecting a hotel stay and I am extremely please to read that we had ticked all the boxes.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson-Blu Edwardian Grafton sometime in the near future.

Warm regards,
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with a group of friends to celebrate one of the party's Birthday. The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from Euston station and right nextdoor to Warren Street underground station, but it only takes about 10 minutes to walk to Oxford Street and 20 minutes max. to Covent Garden.
The hotel is modern with very pleasant, spacious bedrooms and very good, well-stocked bathrooms. All of the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful - without exception. There is a good selection of hot and cold food for breakfast with the added luxury that on Sunday mornings breakfast times have been extended to 11:00 a.m. - I think other hotels should take note of this and follow the example. All-in-all, a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Tottenham Court Road tend to have more traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your time you have taken on posting this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

We would be delighted to welcome you back! I do hope on your next visit you will try one of our very special 'Strawberry Mojito's' or our signature Cocktail the 'Portmanteau' in our new bar “Trunk”.

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and our best friends stayed at this hotel for one night on the weekend. This was a special trip for my
wifes 60th birthday. There was eight of us and we all agreed everything about our stay was excellent.
My daughter arranged this stay and my wife and i arrived in our room to a nice bottle of wine and petals on the bed.
The rooms were well equiped with everything you may need and the bathrooms were palacial, very comfortable.The location is superb with easy access to all forms of transport to quickly get you to all parts of London. After a very good end to the evening in the bar, the next morning we enjoyed a breakfast as good as we have had in any hotel and better than most. A big thanks to Mr Khan and all his staff who made sure our stay was very enjoyable indeed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

This is exactly what we aim to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. Your kind words are a great help in keeping us motivated to provide this level of service for each and every guest. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night as my friend & I were going to the theatre. The hotel is in a very good location - seconds away from Warren Street tube. Lots of shops literally on the doorstep. We booked a twin room which was very spacious & clean. There was everything that we wanted in the room i.e. ironing board/iron, a large bottle of complimentary water. the bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, body lotion, shower caps etc...I have to say that I was disappointed with the state of the curtains. They were very shabby & the view was dreadful - overlooking a brick wall. The window didn't close properly which meant there was a constant draught coming through, this didn't matter too much as I'm quite a hot person - but could be a problem for others! I think for the cost of the room I expected more, but thankfully it was only a one night stay so was adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a balanced review on Tripadvisor.

I was so sorry to read your disappointment and would like to take this opportunity of offering you my personal apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations you have experienced.

I will certainly be following up your feedback with the departments concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrences of the situations you have explained in your review.

If you do decide to return, which I do very much hope, please contact me directly so I can personally oversee your reservation details.

Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice while staying in London. it is within walking distance of the University of London and the British museum. Also the Warren St Tube station is only about 150 feet from the front door-you can walk here and then take the tube to any of the major attractions in LOndon, The hotel is very modern and up to date and very clean. all the staff were helpful and courteous. The breakfast buffet is excellent and well worth a little extra. I was a little concerned with the other review s about getting the breakfast but we had absolutely no trouble being served. The food was excellent and the sausage was excellent and they had the best orange juice I have ever had and that includes the OJ from Florida!! The bed was comfy and the bathroom and amenities were great. There is one US style electrical outlet in the room but you need adaptors for the other outlets. There was also a hair dryer in the drawer with the Bible since it was attached to its own outlet ! The location is great as there are lots of shops, coffee shops and other stores and restaurants within a short walk-even Mcdonalds is 50 feet away!( Good or bad depending on your perspective!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments on our Location, we are indeed well connected just a couple of minutes walk to King Cross St. Pancras, Euston Station and next to tube/underground stations. In addition to it we are located in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho. The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just down the road the delights of the British Museum can be explored at our Guest's leisure.

I am please to read that you rate us as excellent. May I suggest experiencing our brand new restaurant – “Trunk”, the hidden gem is becoming a number one choice.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grafton Hotel in the near future.

Fasih Khan

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!