“Quality of rooms poor and some of the staff are very rude.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #381 of 1,049 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Quality of rooms poor and some of the staff are very rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

For the money I paid to stay in a deluxe room for one night, I was obviously expecting an excellent room. However, the room we got was below average. It had dust everywhere and every time the guests upstairs flushed the toilet you could hear it, meaning a very annoying night/morning. We requested to move but the rooms they offered were worse than the first, either too cold, loud ventilation or stains on the sofa. Some of the hotel staff are incompetent and rude too. I will not stay in this hotel again, waste of money. The hotel staff did not even compensate us for our terrible stay, even though they said they 'may' offer complimentary breakfast, but they failed to get back to us on this. I would avoid staying at this hotel and go for Hilton/doubletree instead!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Polish first
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

A nice enough hotel but..... We were in a std double room which was on the small side. The dispensers in the bathroom were fixed on upside down so they kept falling off the wall. There was only one cup and one glass and little milk or tea. We informed reception on the way out to dinner and they said it would be sorted straight away. We got back and still one cup one glass etc. Breakfast was stone cold on both days. No tea spoons on the first day. No knives on the second when guests were queuing back to the reception all the time we were in there. They didn't seem to have enough staff to clear tables and replenish crockery.
The staff were very friendly and obliging but looked rushed off their feet.

• Stayed January 2013
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed for several nights in this hotel during the January 2013. When I first entered the room, I was impressed by how small it was. This impression didn’t change over my stay: There is little space in the room to walk or even sit. The bathroom is cramped. Two additional annoyances in the room are the fact that this hotel doesn’t trust you to turn off the lights, so you have to stick your card in a slot near the door. Also, soap and shampoo are dispensed from bottles in the shower, and these need many pumping actions before they provide enough soap.

Other than that, the TV is the slowest I’ve ever seen. This is quite annoying if you ever want to switch channels…

The room was reasonably clean, but far from spotless. The plug in the sink was dysfunctional, and though the person who cleaned the room must have seen it, he didn’t see it necessary to fix it.

The hotel is conveniently located near Euston station as well as several other Tube stations.

Uusikaupunki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Visited London mid november and stayed here 5 nights, the service began straight from the time of checking in, got even better when I got to my room- got a phonecall and a member of the staff asked me, if everything is ok in my room... and the room was excellent. Nothing to say but good.
Even at checkout, I got the right to print my boarding pass for homeflight...

Room Tip: High floor and a little bit upgrading
Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jarmo V,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay and has nothing but good things to say!! We always strive to deliver the best service possible and I am delighted that we have achieved that level of excellence once again.

I trust we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Grafton hotel. If I can be of assistance with making any reservations do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,
Stacey Jasiewicz
Guest Relations Officer
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Lobby looks great but that's it ! Rooms are dirty, amenities very poor quality,heating system not working, if you got a room on the street yu wont sleep, they are not insulated and there is a huge hospital in the area so i've heard siren all night from ambulances. Wifi is working half of the time, and even if you leave your room at 730 AM and put a "please clean the room" on the door at 3PM your room wont be cleaned ! hotel to avoid

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
Dear Pascal P,

May we thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. May we thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with us as we do appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as this is the tool we use to measure ourselves both as a hotel and as an organisation.

It is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction. Be assured I have passed on your comments to the Hotel Management team so they may investigate the issues you have highlighted. This is most definitely not a true display of the service we provide.

I do hope we have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the hotel. I kindly ask that you contact me prior to your arrival so I may over see all aspects of your reservation. I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Kindest Regards,
Stacey Jasiewicz
Guest Relations Officer
Rotherham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was taken here for a birthday weekend and we were looking forward to it. It looks the part but the service and room were awful.

Room 138 is tiny, with a small double bed that you can just squeeze past. The heating controls didn't work so it was cold, there was no free wi-fi as advertised and the bathroom was also very small.

It is also noisy from the corridor and the street and to make things worse the fire alarm went off at least eight times in the night. At 5am I phoned to see what the problem was to get a gruff and short reply.

The same differential attitude we got everytime we raised something or get a service. I tried to order pizza before the 11pm cut-off only to be talked out and then told its past 11pm and not available.

Really disappointing, will be giving this hotel a wide berth.

• Stayed January 2013
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel almost every week for the last three months. The reception is one of the most efficient and the staff remember you! I usually always get the room I request and the breakfast staff are fabulous. They remember my name and ensure that we get to sit together. The size of the rooms do vary so it's best to request. I always stay at the back of the hotel either facing inwards or out towards the back streets that way it's much quieter than the front of the hotel which is opposite one of the busiest hospitals in London so ambulance sirens scream all night and the busses wake you up in the morning.

Breakfast is good compared to many London hotels but the fresh fruit items tend to run out by 0900 so get down early.

Room Tip: Ask to be across the back over the corridor preferably facing inwards (quietest rooms great nights s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!