“Friendly, efficient and a lovely surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #394 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Friendly, efficient and a lovely surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on business on 21 Nvember 2012, we were greeted by very friendly staff who booked us in in super quick time. My room, 216, was spotlessly clean and very comfortable - in fact I had the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel for a long time. My only criticism was that one of waitresses in the Aston bar who messed up two of our orders but her colleagues sorted them out for us so no harm done.
I would happily stay here when I'm next in London.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Wasserhex,

May we thank you you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It great to read that you had the best nights sleep you have had in a long time in our hotel and that you would happily return when next in London.

Please accept my apologies that you suffered some issues whilst dining in The Aston Bar & Restaurant, however I am glad that we were able to resolve any problems and that it hasn’t deterred you from future stays.

When you are next planning a trip to London, whether for business or leisure do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival and I will make sure that we keep a record of your preferences for the future.

Guest Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed overnight on business on 30 November 2012. Was greeted warmly by the staff before I had even reached the reception desk! Check in was quick and I went to my room no 452. This was a single room and although compact had everything I needed for one night. Bed was next to the window which I had opened during the night but I slept soundly in the very comfortable but firm bed. Went for breakfast and again was greeted warmly by the staff! Choice at breakfast was excellent and served in a very beautiful dining room. I had no issues whatsoever and would quite happily stay stay again! Thank you Radisson for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Mickeymania,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

WOW! It’s always wonderful to hear how much one of our guests have enjoyed their stay. I am delighted that you found the Grafton Team friendly and efficient and that the choice at breakfast excellent. Please note that your kind comments have been passed on so that the Team know their efforts make a difference.

Next time you are staying with us do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance. I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, my first visit being in August 2012. Took a taxi from Kings Cross (indulgence) for 3 minutes and £6-00 fare. The Grafton is only a 15 minute walk from Kings Cross or catch the tube (Victoria line underground) and Warren Street station is almost next door.
From the moment we were greeted by the reception desk staff, I knew I would enjoy my stay once again. The young lady who booked us in could not have been more pleasant or more helpful. We had arrived mid-morning and rather than the perfunctory greeting, we were warmly welcomed. The registration procedure was very straightforward with a lovely twist; she told us that as we had checked in so early, we had a choice of rooms (within the standard double range). She eventually put us in a quiet room at the back of the hotel on the second floor. She took our luggage and wished us a nice day. I wish I had taken her name as I would have liked to have nominated her for her great service.
This hotel is a perfect base for exploring London as Warren Street (Victoria line) is one stop from Oxford Circus and the heart of the West End. If you prefer to walk towards Tottenham Court Road station there are a number of coffee shops, cafes and bistros along with a good choice of pubs.
Back to the hotel and the bathroom was an adequate size for two people sharing. The shower had good pressure and the water temp was constant. The bed was a good size and comfortable and because we were placed at the back of the hotel it was very quiet once we retired.
I had booked and paid for the room in advance and felt that I had been given a good deal and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to both business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Check in as early as you can and be polite and you may get the choice of rooms in your price bracket...
Dear Miltpsr2,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton for your recent stay in London and for taking the time to write such a kind review.

It is always a pleasure to look after our guests and do our upmost to make sure that each and every guest is comfortable during their stay. It is great to read that you found the Reception team helpful and eager to accommodate. This is something we are always striving to achieve, 100% guest satisfaction.

May I thank you also for taking the time to highlight the wonderful local amenities we have around. There are plenty of local supermarkets, pubs, coffee shops and restaurants within close proximity to the hotel.

I trust you will be returning to the hotel in the near future. If there is anything I can do to be of help with making any reservations do not hesitate to let me know.

Warmest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just returned from lovely weekend at the Grafton. Nothing too much trouble for the staff from the minute we arrived. Room upgrade free of charge and was ready for us at 1pm. Reception area welcoming and modern and rooms a decent size for London. Bed linen changed without asking on both nights and room and bathroom very clean. Breakfast fantastic, large selection of both English and Continental. Fantastic location, right next door to Warren Street tube and plenty of shops on doorstep. Will definately return. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Josuper9shearer,

WOW! This is a wonderful review.

Once again, the Grafton Team have been applauded for their efforts. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay and will definitely return!
Thank you also for pointing out what a great location we are in, it is extremely convenient for any type of guest – Warren tube station literally next door, Euston station and square within a 5 minute walk and King Cross St Pancras within 10 minutes!!
If I can be of any help making your next stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

sunny Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Situated right next to Warren Street tube station so easy access from Victoria train or coach station (3 stops on Victoria line) or from Waterloo station on the Northern Line. Stayed one night for a theatre visit to see Warhorse (excellent stage show). Easy walk down Tottenham Ct Road to get to the West End. Our double room was quiet and well situated at the back of the hotel but a bit on the small side (both the bed and the room!). I can see now why americans moan about our small double bed sizes. All very clean and well appointed, with tea/coffee making facilities, free bottled water, iron, hairdryer, flatscreen tv and laptop facilities plus a spacious bathroom with soap/shower gel/body lotion/shampoo provided. A great selection of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, cold meats, pastries and hot food for the full english breakfast but let down by slow service at the table for tea/coffee & toast. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Back of hotel to avoid road noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Hjb57,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is a joy to read that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and found our rooms to be well appointed!! I am even more delighted to read that you are looking forward to staying with us again. This serves as a great thank you and motivates us to continue moving in the right direction.

If I can be of any assistance making reservations do not hesitate to let me know! I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Warm Regards,
Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Well Radisson have let me down for the first time. The grafton in London was a let down, we were allocated our room upon arrival. The room was 132, not big enough to swing a cat in!
You had to step over the bed to get to the other side! The strangest room i have ever stayed in, more like a box room. Now wanting to see London, we decided to sort this out later. But we arrived late and decided to retire. The next problem they promise a great night sleep, not when the main bus stop for Euston to Kings cross was outside with passengers outside until the late hours! Noise Noise Noise rubbish sleep
I noticed this is not the only room like this with mind the step outside.
Take note if you book this hotel.

Room Tip: Check room first avoid these box rooms, and ask for room away from bus stop!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Cibag1,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you was not your complete satisfaction. Due to the historic nature of the hotel all rooms do vary in size and layout. With this said, I am sure we have a room to your preferences. We genuinely care about our guests and I am confident that had you let us know we would have done our level best to fix any issues you suffered during your stay.

I do hope you consider staying with at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel again as we would appreciate an opportunity to reinstate your trust in the brand and to show you the level of service we are proud to deliver to our guests.

I kindly ask that you contact me once you have made any bookings so that I personally can oversee all aspects of your reservations and make sure everything is taken care of for you. I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Chippenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Central but not too central was the requirement and this hotel fitted the bill perfectly. Being just around the corner for Warren Street tube station meant that we were ideally located for exploring London.

We paid £120 for the room only through Hotels.com. I was a little wary that this was too cheap for central London but was pleased to find that the hotel is of a high standard and that price was good value. There was only one hitch when we arrived, a trainee was booking us in and told us that our room was not ready. So we had a coffee and waited a while before returning. Whwene we returned, we were dealt with by someone else, who after being told about our wait, upgraded our room without us asking and checked us in quickly and efficiently. This was unexpected, but excellent customer service, the result being happy customers, who will definitely return in future.

We had a lovely room on the first floor. The view was not great (over looking the fire escape) but what can you expect in London? The roon itself was well appointed, very clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was making the room a little too warm for us but we could open the window, so no big deal. Loved the huge, comfy bed and crisp linen.

We found plenty of nice shops and restaurants near by. We chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel as it was £19 per person and I felt that was expensive. Perhaps next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear SnowWhite78,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your review with us.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and will definitely return in the future! I am glad that you were happy with room allocated to you and that you found our customer service excellent.

With regards to the breakfast, we are currently running a promotion which makes breakfast £11.50 GBP instead of £19.50 GBP, you can collect the voucher at Front Desk.

Next time you are planning a visit to London, do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with anything.

Guest Relations Officer

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!