“Make this your last choice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 9HP, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #394 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Manchester
“Make this your last choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel again after many years because my client was staying there and I felt rude staying elsewhere. Unfortunately its still a terrible, overpriced, souless hotel with some of the smallest inward looking, claustrophic rooms you can imagine. In fairness. a few years ago, I did once have a nice room over looking Tottenham Court Road but the downside to that is the noise of the street will probably keep you awake all night. If the rooms were priced at £90 to £100 a night I would probably have to say its worth.

Room Tip: Do not accept a small inward looking room...unless you like that sort of thing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Offie1,

May we thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

It is disappointing to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay, please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction.

I appreciate your personal experience, though I must say I do think it is unfair to say that the Grafton hotel is soulless; it is a listed building which dates back to 1891 and was formally used as nurses accommodation for the First and Second World War. This may result in the rooms varying in size & structure, however the building is still a fine display of the architecture that can be found in the area of Fitzrovia.

I do hope you reconsider giving the hotel another chance as I am confident that we can make you a true advocate of our hotel. Prior to making any reservations kindly contact myself first so that I can over see all aspects of your booking and make sure that everything is to your preferences. I can easily be contacted via reception or customer services.

Guest Relations Officer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have just come back from a 2 night stay, It was everything we expected, the standard room isn't huge, but its well equiped, toiletries, trouser press, iron, water, fridge, safety deposit box. The room was well presented and clean and we were overlooking Warren Street tube, we found the double insulated window blocked out the road noise perfectly! The staff were helpful and pleasant and the use of the baggage storage is handy, we were able to check in earlier at 1pm and found we had a very enjoyable stay here. We didn't have breakfast, so unable to comment but found the location, rooms etc just right for us :-)
p.s there is a large sainbury's opposite and tesco express 2 doors away (Ideal for popping a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear thehappycouple2,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Its great to read that you had such a wonderful stay. I am glad that you enjoyed all the amenities we provide. It is truly our pleasure, we want each guest to leave the hotel wanting to come back!!

For future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed there for one night on a weekend in London
In general this is difficult to find a decent hotel room for a reasonnable price in central london : so WE FINALLY FOUND ONE!
Staff is not very caring and freindly BUT the room is nicely decorated , nice size and bed very comfortable.
VEry handy as this is walking distance from St Pancras station! so if you come from Eurostar this is ideal location between Station and central london.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Nathanael D,

It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. May we thank you for choosing us and for highlighting our fantastic location, it is indeed very central for all purposes of travel – leisure or business.

I would like to apologise that on this occasion we did not deliver on the customer service we pride ourselves on. I assure we absolutely do care about each and every individual guest. However, I trust you will be coming to stay again so I am confident that the RBE Grafton team will be another reason that you have such a great time on future visits.

If I can be of assistance with making any reservations do not hesitate to let me know I can easily be contacted via the hotel reception.

Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on our way to New York but due to the storm had to stay in London. We booked into this hotel as it had the rooms we required available at very short notice. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and cheerful, especially Bernhard who went out of his way to track down a jumper left in another Radisson hotel by one of our party. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts were really good with loads of choice. The hotel is very well located right next to an underground station, so access to all London's sights was very easy. We were a party of one adult, one child, two teenagers and two pensioners and we all thought the hotel was perfect for our needs. The only minor moan would be the music in the bar and breakfast room. It was too loud and was of such tempo that made you feel like you were in a rush, not relaxed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear GMcG_11,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for posting your review on Trip Advisor, it is very much appreciated.

Once again, we have wonderful comments about our team!! I will make sure I pass on your compliments as there is nothing more motivating then knowing you made a difference.

Our Chef will be delighted that you found the breakfast plentiful and full of variety. I do apologise that you didn’t enjoy our music in the morning; we will use your feedback on this to further improve our facilities and make changes where necessary.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grafton hotel in the near future. If you need any assistance with making future reservations do not hesitate to let me know. I am easily contacted via reception or customer services.

Kindest Regards,
Glasgow, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

used to enjoy staying in Radissons but those days are gone. The room was ok. The breakfast was awful and I wanted to take a hammer to the intrusive muzak. The details of the breakfast are too boring to recount but I think the highlight was when I asked the waiter to take my coffee away and replace it with some hot, fresh coffee. He didn't seem remotely surpised nor apologetic.
There are plenty of acceptable hotels within 5 minutes walk such as the melia or even the holiday Inn. Why did I stay there? - my client booked me in, but that won't be happening again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Malky,

May we thank you for taking the time submit your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback, regardless of whether it is positive or negative, as it imperative to the success of the hotel.

I apologise that on this occasion we were unable to deliver the experience we wish all our guests to leave the hotel with and that breakfast was unsatisfactory.

If you are visiting the area again and would reconsider giving the hotel another chance then please contact me directly.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay with us.

Bantry, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in November. Very nice hotel with very friendly staff. Nothing was too much for them to do! Parking a vehicle from overseas was a bit of an issue for me. We had 8 people in a mini bus but no parking or cost issues with parking in the city! This should be sorted for overseas visitors to the city!

• Stayed November 2012
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Fiannbarwalsh,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great time, your comments about the Grafton team will motivate them to continue with their efforts to deliver excellent service to each and every guest.

With regards to parking, I apologise that you had difficulties. We do offer a valet car parking service which is available 24 hours. For more information on this you can call reception or simply go online to our website.

If there is anything else I can be of assistance with anything do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

i thoroughly recommend the Grafton hotel. The hotel is perfectly located and the staff are very professional with a warm and friendly approach... I am a regular business traveller to London and have now cancelled all other hotels to transfer to the Grafton... THANKS

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back... its quieter but its Central London and you need to expect a bit of noi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Derek C,

WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it is very much appreciated.

It’s such a joy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much that our hotel is now your hotel of choice!! Hearing comments such as this makes it all worth while. Next time your staying, contact me prior to your arrival so that I can make sure we have all your preferences in the system and continue with this level of service.

Once again Derek C, THANK YOU! I am easily contacted via the hotel reception desk or via customer services.

Guest Relations Officer

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel? Share your experiences!