“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vegas Hotel

You added Vegas Hotel to your Saves list
Vegas Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Warwick Way | Victoria, London SW1V 1SD, England (Pimlico)   |
Ranked #873 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A bit chaotic but charming in its own way.

Was "upgraded" to en suite and allowed access to room at 1pm, which wasn't bad - particularly convenient as a business traveller.

The room itself was small but okay - my only quibble, as noted elsewhere, was that curtains don't cover the windows.

The bathroom was a bit comical - not fully stocked on arrival and I actually went flying on the wet floor! It had obviously been a bit rushed. Having a toilet effectively in the shower was a bit odd too!

The litter outside the front door was very unattractive but not an issue. I actually got a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was very basic but I was fine with that.

This is a well located budget hotel. Once you accept that fact, it's okay!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the worst hotel experience I ever had, even though I haven't been to many places. First of all, they charge you upfront for the price they state on the website, then when you arrive they charge you again, saying it was to make sure you pay even if you don't turn up! They said they'll refund you of the first charge, still waiting for it tho...Oh, and they charge you £3 if you use debit/credit cards! Ripoff. First of all, the area is not too bad, close to the centre and close to Victoria station. The 'hotel' itself is awful. I do not understand how anyone could enjoy this? You have to buzz in, and a rather unfriendly and unhelpful man opens the door and takes your details. No friendly staff here. He took the details and told us that our room was right next to the reception. Didn't tell us where the bathrooms are, when breakfast is...nothing at all. When we got into the room, I closed the window and pulled the curtains, since the room was facing the street, and didn't want to leave all our stuff in the open. So we left, and came back late and noticed the curtains were pulled back, window open. I wonder, how dare they do that? Going into the room I rented for one night and do as they please? So the TV is up in the sky, a pain to look at. The remote didn't work, so we asked for batteries. NO BATTERIES! The toilet was another thing. It was at the same place as the shower, the floor wet. No spare toilet rolls, no soap...Oh and no toilet brush, so you can imagine what was there....Curtains were also so short, that anyone could see into our room. I recently phoned up about this pre-charging thing, rudest answer ever. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE! Please, spend £10-£20 more and go to somewhere decent....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed only three days in this hotel, the room number 11 small but clean which is most important, tv, the bathroom was again small but with shower, wc, hairdryer, coffee breakfast milk toast, Central Location, helpful staff especially Mr. hamed! .. thank you very much we will return in the future ..

Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days when on business. Had room 13 (single room). Cannot fault the location. Hotel was cleaned each day but the bed linen was already dirty when I arrived (had a urine stain on the blanket which I obviously did not use!) wifi was poor.

Staff friendly. Bathroom was so narrow. I am 6ft 1 and my knees hit the sink. Sink was so low I had to duck down to shave to look in the mirror.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

They left me out to dry and with my son!!! I made a reservation through Hotels.com with which I haven't had a problem before. When I got to Vegas hotel after 2 days of travel and exhausted, they told me my reservation had been cancelled and that they had emailed me. I never received an email from them - they just basically gave out my room!!! I had to walk the streets of London to find a last minute room - NEVER reserve with these people - NEVER!

Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. The hotel is run down and dirty. The room was very small, only one electrical socket, the toilet did not flush, the shower head was held up with a plastic bag and a plaster, the shower tray had a huge crack in it, there was only one torn curtain at the window held up with string. One reason I chose this hotel was for the continental breakfast, which turned out to be tesco value tea, toast and soggy cornflakes, with not enough "plastic" table and chairs to accommodate everyone. This is the worst hotel I have stayed in and would not recommend it at all.

AdventureLovers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

W stayed at this hotel Aug 4th to 7th.This hotel is a boutique type hotel and is situated on a street
with many other similar hotels.
Its big selling point is that it is very close to Victoria Station and therefore very accessible to
all of the transit sytem in London.
The service from staff was fantastic,and a continental breakfast of cereal,toast and coffee
was included.
The rooms were clean,however,the only drawback was that they were small with no air
conditioning.We were on the third flooor so you had a breeze every night to keep cool,
however,the others in our party were in the basement where it was quite warm with no breeze.
This hotel is great for backpackers and couples on a budget,but not probably great for families.
Overall I would give this a rating of 4 out of 5 for great service and locality.,and for London,
the price is reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!