“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melita House Hotel

You added Melita House Hotel to your Saves list
Melita House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charlwood Street, Victoria, London SW1V 2DU, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #663 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my mum whilst visiting London for an event. I must say this hotel is better than stated on the Internet. We arrived here early and they let us in our room with no issues check was so fast and easily done. Rooms aren't ginormous but they are what you would expect! I can't believe how clean the hotel was I have to say they really do look after it. The furniture isn't extremely modern but it's very chic looking which was nice. They have a vending machine in reception for people who want tea/coffee etc which is good but for breakfast you get tea/coffee and a selection of things for breakfast. We had a English breakfast which was piled on your plate but it was a reasonable size and it taste lovely!! We found our deal on travel zoo for 115 inc breakfast. I must say for location and quality I am happy where I have spent my money. Previously I stated at the Blair Victoria hotel and paid 95 pound and that was an absolute dump I hope nobody ever stays there it was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been to!!! I think anyone who leaves bad feedback on this hotel need to lower their standards if you want a posh hotel you will not find one in London for this price haha! Well done Melita... I will definitely come here every time I come to London in the future! :-)

• Stayed August 2013
RobG661, Owner at Melita House Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are truly grateful for this review. It is particularly of value because you have obviously reviewed us in the context of the competition and , unlike some reviewers have a handle on value for money in the London market. We are here to please the guest and your feedback encourages us to carry on doing our best to achieve guest satisfaction ! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sinking Spring, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our first clue was that the cabbie from the airport did not know that the Melita House existed. He said, "Oh, I thought that was just a residential neighborhood." We booked a FAMILY ROOM for four. The way it is presented online, it looked reasonable. First, we had to walk up 5 flights of stairs (no elevator) with our luggage. Then, we realized that the room was super tiny. Admittedly, there was a full sized bed and two twin beds as indicated. However, they were crammed into a room that should have only had one twin bed at most. We literally had to keep our suitcases on the beds if anyone wanted to walk around in the room. Oh, did I mention it had no air conditioning? Try to find a better place if you want to take your family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MelitaHouseHotel, Manager at Melita House Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
As a senior reviewer we are surprised that you should book a hotel in our catergory and price range in Central London and then be disappointed that we have no lift or air conditioning. Could it be that you tried to do it on the cheap ? On a positive note, if that is all you could find wrong with us then we are obviously doing pretty well.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I know most tripadvisor fans tend to turn their nose up at 3 star ratings, but this hotel is better than average, it just doesn't reach 'very good' that's all. It's in a quiet part of Pimlico, which is rare for London to be so quiet, and the hotel itself is fine for a cheap stay (I paid £100 for B&B) and I have no complaints at all. The room could have been bigger, but it was clean, relatively comfortable and the shower was hot with clean towels - I've certainly stayed in a lot worse and would return here. the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was basic, but there was a hot english breakfast (small) but again, I've had a lot worse in other hotels in London. Overall, this is definitely a 3.5 star Tripadvisor hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your considered opinion. We are delighted you were satisfied with our offering. It means a lot to us coming from a Senior Reviewer.Thank you
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Staff was very helpful with directions and local information. A little confusing locating our room as all of the floors have one single door that is a fire door stating do not open. May be a good idea to mention room #s on outside of fire doors. Very narrow and steep staircase to maneuver big suitcases up but all in all a comfortable stay and reasonable rate for London. Fantastic location and enjoyable breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Chose this hotel to stop over after an evening out in the West End. Not cheap, but competitive pricing against the competition.

Nice room, small and compact but OK. Only real grumble would be the lack of tea/coffee-making facilities. Understand they have a vending machine in the reception area, but as we'd arrived back about 12.30 am it was locked. No water either in the room so less than ideal.

Excellent, but little small breakfast; dining room incredibly tight. Staff were helpful, but weren't very proactive, having to be asked for extra coffee etc.

Check-out was 11.00 am which was a bit of a shock (on Sunday morning!) and despite reception telling us not too worry about the deadline too much, we still got a housekeeping knock n the door at 10.40 am.

Room Tip: Get down to breakfast early. The photo on the website is a creative piece of genius in terms of how...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Qormi, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Together with my husband and my 4 year old son, I stayed at the Melita House Hotel from the 5-9th June 2013. Hotel was very clean, all the staff were very caring and helpful and breakfast was very good. Our room had a double bed and a single bed, with the balcony and it was very comfortable and clean as well. Good choice of TV stations. Position of the hotel is very central - there is the bus stop for the number 24 just 1 minute away from the hotel which took us directly to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and London Eye (10 mins). Also there are 2 underground stations which are very close to the hotel - Pimlico & Victoria station. I will definitely visit London again and my choice of hotel would be once again Melita House Hotel. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm very surprised by some recent unhappy comments here. This doesn't sound like the same hotel I stayed in for 2 nights in May. We had a twin room which was of ample size - I have had similar sized rooms at greater expense in other London hotels. Melita House Hotel was spotlessly clean and tidy, the breakfast area small but well arranged, breakfast was well cooked, with even satisfactory poached eggs. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RobG661, Front Office Manager at Melita House Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Jean,
Thank you for your review.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. We strive to achieve this level of satisfaction with all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Best wishes
Melita House Hotel

Been to Melita House Hotel? Share your experiences!