Stayed the one night. Niggles. No bag stand, small bathroom, large mirror which women like, but on a permanent slant, some tiles in bathroom were bodged after drilling, grouting amateurish - though this and great gobs of sealant seem to be a feature of every London hotel I have ever been in, the reception has a smart front ( with a tear in the top ), but the old storage behind lets it down, ceiling stained, top of tap missing, bath towels too small, lack of sockets, I was on the front ( despite requesting a room at the back ), the road is very noisy, the secondary glazing wasn't brilliant to say the least, bath screen dripped on floor soaking it wherever I located it, the sink was very slow to drain and whiffed as it obviously needs the trap cleaning, no decaff tea bags. Basically, a lack of eye for detail all round. Positives. Towels were soft, clean, not over used as is often the case, dried well, hotel is in a good location, plenty of hot water for the excellent shower, the room was clean, good bed, mattress was clean with no stains, all the bed linen was clean and good quality, free wifi in lobby and the rooms, ( you can still use the lobby wifi long after you have checked out ), you can leave your bag with them as long as you like after booking out, enough tea / coffee etc., just enough bathroom bits. Cannot comment on the breakfast as went to Garfunkel's ( see below ). Overall for the price I paid ( £88 ), for it's location, it was fine. I was in a double on my own, ( paid the excess, well worth it ), so had a good size room really, for one. Would not want to pay any more than that. At the right price I would recommend it, would use it again, my stay was positive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautifully restored Victorian town houses, combines contemporary decor with original period features; Kensington District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Kensington Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Rooms Hotel London
- Kensington Rooms London, England